Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,178 comments
Today was my 3rd date with Lady Mercedes at the Gardens and I'm sorry to say our relationship was shortlived after all. 😂

I ran a bunch of laps around low 55s, a couple of high 54s and a few 54.5. Since I'm standing on 54.4 and the timecuts have changed a bit (2 tenths) I believe I've reached a roadblock.

So, silver it is. And I'm more than satisfied in taking a fix incoming of 1M credits every week from these TTs.

I got my Mountain optimum down into the 2:02s with just a small brush of a Barry, so can likely do it cleanly.

Really don’t think I can find the other second though. To be frank I lack the big balls - those walls are scary, I stay away.
But you have to remember... there are no walls.
there is no spoon.gif

Today was my 3rd date with Lady Mercedes at the Gardens and I'm sorry to say our relationship was shortlived after all. 😂

I ran a bunch of laps around low 55s, a couple of high 54s and a few 54.5. Since I'm standing on 54.4 and the timecuts have changed a bit (2 tenths) I believe I've reached a roadblock.

So, silver it is. And I'm more than satisfied in taking a fix incoming of 1M credits every week from these TTs.

I also had the same feeling on some TTs, where I couldn't found the key to unlock the door to access to better scores. Mount Paranormal or Monza with the Genesis thing are the last examples.

So, I completly understand your point of view about being ok with the 1M credits weekly incoming.

Last edited:
This beauty loves getting the back end out. Great time trial combination. I can see myself spending time here. I'm staying off the curbs for now because they send me into a barrel roll every damn time!

@330_D You are flying here!! Great time mate!

View attachment 1328943
Thanks man! I really enjoy this track (both ways) and this car is just a hoot.

One of my first cars was a 1981 Toyota Corolla hatchback. Almost looked like the later Levin but it was just a regular Corolla rust bucket. You might think I'm comparing apples and oranges but it legitimately drove very much like this Merc, albeit 70 mph slower... I enjoy a car that is loose but controllable. I seem to do well in Time Trials with them.

I saved a few videos and I'll post em when I get them uploaded to YouTube. A couple good slides and a really nice exit at the chicane before the last corner... 😂😂😁😁

I rent a wreck as to not put the miles on mine. Either of the three. Plus I don't do liveries. I barely have time to play as much as I like. I just can't take more of that time to play dress up. I wish I did. 😂👍👍
There is plenty of nice livery shared by people who got talent , time and like to do them.
Have a look , give them a like and had it to your collection 😉✌️

I got my Mountain optimum down into the 2:02s with just a small brush of a Barry, so can likely do it cleanly.

Really don’t think I can find the other second though. To be frank I lack the big balls - those walls are scary, I stay away.
Yeah I might have to run away and give up on the Mountain soon. I know gold is obsolete for me, so if I don't get silver or gold, I would still be pleased with my time of 2'05.029. Lol, I normally don't do that well on Bathhurst. I'll keep listening to what TheKie, Tidgney and Digit say about what the right braking points and moves are and try my best to adapt and grow using the given information.

The walls are not scary but a big pain in the a$$!! I'm sure most of you can agree with me on that!

Last edited:
Growing a pair...

TT-Bathurst-almost2.jpg

Thing is, that really was a messy lap. At Skyline after screwing T10 (8 out of 10 cases) I had two wheels on the grass, crazy how I recovered from that. Overtook my ghost only after solid exit from the Elbow, good Chase and so-so Murrays.

I've had better runs through most corners, but obviously not in a single lap.
Optimal is promising and some 2-3 tenths might be on the table here, realistically.

I ditched the TCS, but countersteering here, with this car, on controller's directional buttons is a life saver.

Hi,

I am sitting Mount Panorama out - This time.
I am biting big chunks out of Dragons! Slowly getting used to the track, the car and this....

It all arrived on Thursday last. I am very very pleased!!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

View attachment 1328914
That's a really nice looking seat! Congratulations! :cheers:
I wish I'd thought a little more before buying mine, and would like to change it but doubt she-who-must-be-obeyed will let me!

I bought a new wheel not long ago that has 3 pedals (my old one had 2). Unfortunately the brake pedal sat right in front of the centre column which supports the wheel. Luckily I could shift the pedals to the left with existing bolt-holes.

However that meant using the hole where the brake mod that came with the wheel should go, so I can't use it.
I also have to drive with bare feet - if I use shoes or sandals my foot catches on the post! 🤣

Anyway, back on topic, not doing well at either TT so far. Have not been able to improve PB for a couple of days, and PB is pretty slow!

Thanks man! I really enjoy this track (both ways) and this car is just a hoot.

One of my first cars was a 1981 Toyota Corolla hatchback. Almost looked like the later Levin but it was just a regular Corolla rust bucket. You might think I'm comparing apples and oranges but it legitimately drove very much like this Merc, albeit 70 mph slower... I enjoy a car that is loose but controllable. I seem to do well in Time Trials with them.

I saved a few videos and I'll post em when I get them uploaded to YouTube. A couple good slides and a really nice exit at the chicane before the last corner... 😂😂😁😁
You must have some good memories in that Corolla. Must have been a great drive if it handled anything like this. I'd be getting that back end out at every opportunity 😁
It would have been nice if we had the option of using the H pattern shifter for these time trials. This would have been the perfect opportunity to use it.

I'm the same, I prefer the loose but controllable. Not a fan of the high downforce cars. This time trial reminds me of the one we had way back in 2022. The Nissan Z performance at Lago Maggiore.

I got my time down to a 1:53.359 yesterday evening. I'm loosing time at those sausage kerbs. Need to be braver going through there.
I'm also having a problem with oversteer through turn 1 and I end up in the wall.

Looking forward to seeing your laps once uploaded. I need to see that chicane and exit.

I know you will be in the 52s very very soon!

18dbabae21530-screenshotUrl.jpg

Happy to have both of these in safe gold. The mountain was fun, but I'm less good with GR3 than everything else in the game. I'm throwing in the flag. Good enough.

The Gardens however... I have seen a delta with half a second better time than that. I would love to be able to get it. Love the car, love the track. So super fun. So many ways to be fast too. They really nailed it with this one.

View attachment 1329066

Happy to have both of these in safe gold. The mountain was fun, but I'm less good with GR3 than everything else in the game. I'm throwing in the flag. Good enough.

The Gardens however... I have seen a delta with half a second better time than that. I would love to be able to get it. Love the car, love the track. So super fun. So many ways to be fast too. They really nailed it with this one.
In other words and with a shorter description.....
1SqT.gif

Well I changed my mind, I may as well keep pushing as much as I can at MP, I've got plenty of time for DTG. Wow, superb times guys, I finally got caught up with most of the posts here, but when I go to bed tonight I'll be behind again, lol.

@VSpec_R incredible time, I'm a controller user too, and welcome; I noticed you joined a week ago. The next cars I'll try at MP are the AMG, Viper Gr. 3, BMW Gr. 3 cars and the RCZ one, I'm not stopping until I can get my hands on silver!

View attachment 1329066

We seem to have practically identical times and experiences at both TTs. :D

Let's go get a low 52 at DT, maybe even sniff a 51!

I'm a bit dissapointed though.... no sub 52 😂😂😂 But as expected you crushed the leaderboard again how surprising.... 😂😂🙏
Great lap with still room because I have a lot of .6 split on S1 so I'm positive you'll sub it pretty soon!

For me...... the third sector failure entered with a .4xx on S2 has made room for S3 failure with a .3xx on S2...... so....

I already won a tenth..... 😂😂😂🙈🙈🙈
So much room..... but yeah.... sausages.... and brain excitement stress...

1000017355.jpg

Back