Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,854 comments
Logged.in, Jeddah improved p1 time on lfa. My gold time was couple of thousands in.. improved a little. Both tt times close to losing gold. So tomorrow when I wake up I'll have a lottery It will be either 2kk, 3kk or 4kk payout
1000017918.jpg
1000017917.jpg

Well, this was certainly unexpected. Attempt #2 at Sardenga today after work and put in a sub 1:46 in 35 miles. It wasn't the cleanest of laps, so it could have been even faster. But I'll take it considering how little time I've had and will get with the car before the TT ends. Most importantly, I managed to squeeze in front of @Gomario JSP and @Evilmuffin. :mischievous:
View attachment 1374860

Yeeejjjj...... very nice to see this when you are away.....😡🤣🤣

Nice job, there was the "I have no idea where that lap came from" 🤣

Great to see you up there mate!

Last edited:
Logged.in, Jeddah improved p1 time on lfa. My gold time was couple of thousands in.. improved a little. Both tt times close to losing gold. So tomorrow when I wake up I'll have a lottery It will be either 2kk, 3kk or 4kk payout
Of course he did 😂 I'm in the same boat now..both are way to close to the cut off and I have a really bad feeling for tomorrow 😂

Side note: The CSL cockpit arived today because UPS had some problems and Fanatec only packed the wheel today so now I have a cockpit ready to go without a wheel 😓

My best friend said it's sad sight to see it without a wheel 💀😂

Last edited:
Hi,

My efforts at Sardegna have been a triumph of ambition over skill. I thought I would compare the last 200 miles, or so, to a race car instructor's report on a pupil. In an LFA. At Sardegna. Under, expert!!!, tuition....

Best regards to all here....

"Ian has failed to grasp the concept of low grip tyres on a race track. He has equally failed to understand, even the basics of: Traction control, weight transfer, braking, braking points, ABS braking, walls, fences, armco barriers, run off areas, track limits, kerbs, grass, gravel traps. The only thing Ian has the slightest idea about is acceleration and that is more down to luck than management.
I now need to go and eat my dinner of Porcetto arrosto and reflect on just how many cars Ian has wrecked during his very brief stay here."

Hi,

My efforts at Sardegna have been a triumph of ambition over skill. I thought I would compare the last 200 miles, or so, to a race car instructor's report on a pupil. In an LFA. At Sardegna. Under, expert!!!, tuition....

Best regards to all here....

"Ian has failed to grasp the concept of low grip tyres on a race track. He has equally failed to understand, even the basics of: Traction control, weight transfer, braking, braking points, ABS braking, walls, fences, armco barriers, run off areas, track limits, kerbs, grass, gravel traps. The only thing Ian has the slightest idea about is acceleration and that is more down to luck than management.
I now need to go and eat my dinner of Porcetto arrosto and reflect on just how many cars Ian has wrecked during his very brief stay here."
That’s too funny! I sent you a FR from DudeTuna, but I’m not sure I’ve sent it to the correct person.

Also some material from his childhood was found ;)
Gangster GIF
Here's some from mine ;)

Which coincidentally depicts very accurately my latest efforts to cope with the G923 that arrived yesterday. I did do some occasional laps on a friend's rig before, so I knew what I was getting into in terms of difficulty and difference in pace (also thank you to a lot of you here warning me). In the current TT with the LFA I'm a good 5 seconds behind my PB on controller and am struggling a fair amount to keep the car stable through some turns. I didn't expect to improve my lap times (especially not instantly from the start) but raise the fun and level of immersion. Never having driven any high powered car under racing conditions in real life, even using only an entry level sim wheel puts in perspective how hard it is to actually drive a car such as the LFA on its limit - and how easy it is to throw it around on controller.

Last edited:
190e74778855-screenshotUrl.jpg

So I did this after an hour or so of lapping. I was so close. Closed the session. Looked at my optimals because I know I was fast...

190e74757d057-screenshotUrl.jpg

And saw that so... I went back in. Duh. 😁

190e7471ed691-screenshotUrl.jpg

And found me a 45. I wish this one was 2 weeks. I know there is much hate for this car but once you get it, you GET it. Super fun.

Sorry for the double post! Thought it worthy...

Last edited:
Day 3 at Sardegna (day 2 was to forget really) - redemption.

TT-SardegnaLexus-almost2.jpg

That lap was incoming slowly all evening, coming to grips with the Lexus lap by lap, planned for 100 lap stint and it happened on 99th - phew!
Consistency was pretty bad, but finally managed those three sectors close to optimal.

For my binary input, this is as good as it gets!

TT-SardegnaLexus-almost2-lapchart.jpg

Happy to get it done before the physics change which may break the game for me (or not).
Also ahead of some usual (alienating) suspects, so yay!
It's just a glitch in the matrix, so move along...

Wishing for one TT tomorrow, the one Evilmuffin hinted at, that way I would get much needed week off!

Good morning @Gomario JSP ... you having a good vacation? :D And @Dolph Drago ... I don't see you chasing top 100 :D

Anyway....it is the last day of the LFA TT, so time to chase some fast ghost for ultimate lap time 🙈

View attachment 1375077

A few more hrs to go, wonder if the top 100 will stay....I can definitely do low .7s or even .6s but started losing concentration 🤧
You just couldn't let me have this one, could you? :lol: I can't remember the last TT I finished ahead of both you and @Gomario JSP. Amazing lap, though! It's hard to say if that will stick for a top 100. Has @NAXEHT run his top last minute lap yet?

I put in over 125 miles tonight and couldn't improve. Not even a single sub 1:46 all session.

You just couldn't let me have this one, could you? :lol: I can't remember the last TT I finished ahead of both you and @Gomario JSP. Amazing lap, though! It's hard to say if that will stick for a top 100. Has @NAXEHT run his top last minute lap yet?

I put in over 125 miles tonight and couldn't improve. Not even a single sub 1:46 all session.
Honestly I was just trying to get ahead of @Gomario JSP but then something clicked and I was doing .8s and .9s consistently. I even pulled a .3s in the first sector once and many .7s last sector.

Day 3 at Sardegna (day 2 was to forget really) - redemption.

View attachment 1375070

That lap was incoming slowly all evening, coming to grips with the Lexus lap by lap, planned for 100 lap stint and it happened on 99th - phew!
Consistency was pretty bad, but finally managed those three sectors close to optimal.

For my binary input, this is as good as it gets!

View attachment 1375074

Happy to get it done before the physics change which may break the game for me (or not).
Also ahead of some usual (alienating) suspects, so yay!
It's just a glitch in the matrix, so move along...

Wishing for one TT tomorrow, the one Evilmuffin hinted at, that way I would get much needed week off!
Did you just drive 100 laps back to back????? That's like....3 hrs 😱😱

View attachment 1375071

So I did this after an hour or so of lapping. I was so close. Closed the session. Looked at my optimals because I know I was fast...

View attachment 1375072

And saw that so... I went back in. Duh. 😁

View attachment 1375073

And found me a 45. I wish this one was 2 weeks. I know there is much hate for this car but once you get it, you GET it. Super fun.

Sorry for the double post! Thought it worthy...

Wow! That’s a fantastic time. I want to thank you for your suggestion of letting off the brakes to about 50% and the need to get on the throttle much earlier.

Cheers!

IMG_8381.jpeg
IMG_8377.jpeg
I’m so far behind all the posts here. There was about 10 pages I hadn’t read. Sorry guys I’m not going to read the history.

I almost forgot about this one but remembered just in time and had a second session with the LFA. I managed to get both main accounts into gold. I haven’t tried with my VR account yet. Not sure my brain can handle this after being sick this week but I might give it a try in the last couple hours though. Just to see if I can get into silver.

Back