Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,961 comments
I was unable to get gold in VR but I was beginning to get close.

I have to say that driving the LFA’10 in VR is glorious. It’s the complete opposite to bumper cam. The car feels intuitive and it’s so much easier to throw around.

I think the challenge in TT though is the lack of splits. It makes it hard to know your progress. Still, I love it.
IMG_8383.jpeg

Honestly I was just trying to get ahead of @Gomario JSP but then something clicked and I was doing .8s and .9s consistently. I even pulled a .3s in the first sector once and many .7s last sector.
Yeah yeah...... mighty find....good job... blah blah blah.... 🤣🤣

Have to admit though.... .8xx is a seriously quickly efford mate, I like to think I would have gone .7xx on you....let's just leave it at that 🤣🤣

Day 3 at Sardegna (day 2 was to forget really) - redemption.

View attachment 1375070

That lap was incoming slowly all evening, coming to grips with the Lexus lap by lap, planned for 100 lap stint and it happened on 99th - phew!
Consistency was pretty bad, but finally managed those three sectors close to optimal.

For my binary input, this is as good as it gets!

View attachment 1375074

Happy to get it done before the physics change which may break the game for me (or not).
Also ahead of some usual (alienating) suspects, so yay!
It's just a glitch in the matrix, so move along...

Wishing for one TT tomorrow, the one Evilmuffin hinted at, that way I would get much needed week off!
Bravo mon ami 👏 👏 👏 👏
You impress me more and more. Chained 100 laps and improved that much, it's pfffff...🤣🤣🤣
1000001901.gif

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240725175819.jpg

I'm chuffed with my result this time around. A new PB but only after a lot of effort, I probably won't touch the Super Formula for awhile. Seeing as I got this time a few days ago, I got time to do the LFA trial too.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240722214326.jpg

This one really surprised me, I initially did about 3 laps in a normal time trial session as I wasn't sure I'd be able to be fast enough to set a good time. I decided I'd be fine, did a 5 lap session and got to a 1:47.280 and then thought "good enough, I'll try again tomorrow." Then as I sat there looking at the screen I decided "ah I'll give it one more go" and I have no idea what happened but I suddenly gained a second in the last few turns. I think I could have gone faster but I couldn't be bothered learning what it is I'd actually done, and it would be awkward if I did better on this time trial than on the Fuji one I spent so long trying to perfect. So no more than 10 laps and a time good enough for 301st (at the time) and I'm happy, even if it was a fluke. In the end it dropped down to 423rd, but that's pretty damn good for me too. I can't believe I broke my PB on the leaderboard twice at once. Too bad now that I've got the physics figured out they're changing. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm hoping I finished within Gold category as I was just a few hundredths off the Gold limit marker. It would be an achievement for myself to get Gold. Silver was always on the cards for myself but Gold is a sweet surprise if my time of 1:47:454 still was in Gold category.

Did you just drive 100 laps back to back????? That's like....3 hrs 😱😱
Bravo mon ami 👏 👏 👏 👏
You impress me more and more. Chained 100 laps and improved that much, it's pfffff...🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1375147
That 100 laps... not exactly back to back, with breaks (and chilled white wine :lol:). Yeah, the timer clocked 3 hours, but over some 6 hour period.

In my case, this is the amount of work I need to put into a time trial to get a result like that. And it's not given, it involved some luck factor to get it in lap 99. I'm more erroneous than consistent, so mostly I just don't get it in that "100 laps".

That Lexus got under my skin:

(All day, all day) watch them all fall down
(All day, all day) domino dancing

Back