Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,799 comments
Screenshot_20231120_202017_WhatsApp.jpg

18bef70ef889-screenshotUrl.jpg

18bef7142916-screenshotUrl.jpg

Screenshot_20231120_202415_Chrome.jpg

@Evilmuffin, good lord, man!

Meanwhile I drove over 225 miles tonight and gained a whopping .05 seconds. So frustrating. I've got issues at not only the bus stop, but also the turn leading onto NASCAR 2. Everyone blasts off that corner like it's nothing, and I can't get the damn thing to turn. I WAS on a lap much faster than my best (video below), but I ended up managing to cut the chicane and got a nice, ol' red time for my troubles. ::ouch: Still would have been nowhere near your time, and slower than @Gomario JSP's, as well. But it would have been a nice pickup.
IMG_2633.jpg

Ugh...bus stop failure.
Edit: Somehow uploaded wrong video
Edit 2: Evidently my PS4 saved the wrong lap even though I manually chose when to begin and stop the replay. Awesome. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll upload it tomorrow. I don't feel like turning my system back on.

Last edited:
@Evilmuffin, good lord, man!

Meanwhile I drove over 225 miles tonight and gained a whopping .05 seconds. So frustrating. I've got issues at not only the bus stop, but also the turn leading onto NASCAR 2. Everyone blasts off that corner like it's nothing, and I can't get the damn thing to turn. I WAS on a lap much faster than my best (video below), but I ended up managing to cut the chicane and got a nice, ol' red time for my troubles. ::ouch: Still would have been nowhere near your time, and slower than @Gomario JSP's, as well. But it would have been a nice pickup.
View attachment 1305186

Ugh...bus stop failure.
Edit: somehow uploaded wrong video
I assume you are talking about turn 6 that leads back to the bank? You can apply partial throttle before the appex then floor it afterward. I actually braked a tiny little bit early right before the sevice road and quickly downshifted to 2nd. This rotated the car and I had to use partial throttle to keep the rear stable. Helps with exiting speed.

Also check your abs and set it to normal. It helps turn 1 tremendously.

I assume you are talking about turn 6 that leads back to the bank? You can apply partial throttle before the appex then floor it afterward. I actually braked a tiny little bit early right before the sevice road and quickly downshifted to 2nd. This rotated the car and I had to use partial throttle to keep the rear stable. Helps with exiting speed.

Also check your abs and set it to normal. It helps turn 1 tremendously.
Yep, that's the turn. I'll try to throttle up early. It seems wrong to do so, but that seems to be how the last like, 5 time trials have been. The cars turn better when you mash the gas as opposed to slowing and waiting for the car to rotate.

Normally I run ABS weak, but I did switch to normal after my first session after reading about it here. It immediately felt much more stable, especially in turn 1.

Firstly, that's one helluva lap. You use second gear a lot more than me. So that's going to be the number one thing I test out when I finish work today.

Secondly, I hate to say it but there's another tenth or two in that. Your DRS is disengaging intermittently on the banking before and after the bus-stop due to steering angle. If you get it just right you can do the whole 2 banked sections without it switching off at all. I know you already know this, but there is also some time left in the bus-stop.

I reckon if you absolutely nail a lap then a 44.7 or better is possible.

Firstly, that's one helluva lap. You use second gear a lot more than me. So that's going to be the number one thing I test out when I finish work today.

Secondly, I hate to say it but there's another tenth or two in that. Your DRS is disengaging intermittently on the banking before and after the bus-stop due to steering angle. If you get it just right you can do the whole 2 banked sections without it switching off at all. I know you already know this, but there is also some time left in the bus-stop.

I reckon if you absolutely nail a lap then a 44.7 or better is possible.
Oohh...I know. I've done a 28.75 in the first sector. A 24.3 flat second sector and a 16.1 flat at the bus stop 4th sector. That's nearly 3/10ths faster that the PB. Imagine that! A 1:44.5s 🤪

My time of 1:46:1xx that I achieved yesterday I did so on A/T. I believe M/T is faster but because of the manual controlling of DRS at every turn, I haven't tried M/T just not to get too distracted. I usually put DRS on L1 or L2 but when going M/T, I use these 2 paddles for gear shifts. So that's a predicament for me now!

baby-sad.gif

Holy crap!, "new video from muffin poo"....
That is insane mate, what a smooth lap!
Place 25 in the world.... faster than @djolliea ??!...... that deserves a whole pile of poo! 🤣🤣 congrats mate! insane!

i set the alarm clock early for some blasting, jus to wake up by
A: seeing your time......
B: seeing there is maintenance 😡😡

*edit - can you share your replay so i can try to chase you tomorrow? :)

Whata start of the day....... 😂🤣

Last edited:
Last edited:
Note: tested with countersteering assistance on strong to make the bus stop as smooth as possible. Try it out if you're struggling there !
Thank you! 🙏

This tip was really the key to unlocking the lap for me. While I managed gold with countersteering off (even comfortably for my standards at 1:46.5), the bus stop and T1 both felt like a lottery - lots and lots of crashes and invalidated laps. Now I can consistently string together 1:46.x laps. Best is a 1:46.089, and I know that a 1:45 is in the cards.

I feel like this TT is my best chance yet to finish in the top 1,000, so I hope I can find the time to grind some more.

Lake Louise on the other hand ... ah no, let's not talk about it 😂

How are you having haptic settings on Dualsense?
I have on default, but it seems to hard to press accelerate and brake (specially).

Here are some statistics for the Prince's Trust Play with the Champions UK only TT.

I've decided to show this with the other 'special' TTs only. On the new thread I will, once I get to the first of those, do the same.

1700556154930.png
TT-comparison.jpg

LB-final.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-distribution.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg

I have on default, but it seems to hard to press accelerate and brake (specially).
Personally i have it on weak, i have enough feeling for what happens but les exhausting for my fingers trying to chase those aliens here for a thousand laps sometimes :lol: :lol: , different the Dualsense right!, so much better!

View attachment 1305216
Holy crap!, "new video from muffin poo"....
That is insane mate, what a smooth lap!
Place 25 in the world.... faster than @djolliea ??!...... that deserves a whole pile of poo! 🤣🤣 congrats mate! insane!

i set the alarm clock early for some blasting, jus to wake up by
A: seeing your time......
B: seeing there is maintenance 😡😡

*edit - can you share your replay so i can try to chase you tomorrow? :)

Whata start of the day....... 😂🤣
It is already shared. Just look up "muffintop" or "daytonatt" in showcase

I think I have it on strong, for some moment in time I felt I could do better on weak but I think I am back on strong. can check when I come home and post again if it something different worth to mention.

Inspired by @Evilmuffin and his bonkers lap, I jumped in this evening to see whether using second gear more would help my lap times.

In short: yes.

I’m not “evilmuffin good” yet but 45.124 is good enough for world rank 75 right now. My optimal is now sub 45 and I think if I stick at it a 44.7 might be possible. I’ve already been .360 up on my best before screwing up the re-entry to the banking.

Last edited:
Had to endure 8 hours of work while thinking of @Evilmuffin's lap. Got back, did some errands and was back on the wheel again.
20231121_192417.jpg

Had my best lap invalidated by mere centimeters. Was pretty frustrated to say the least. Nevertheless, a few laps later and I finally broke the 1:44 barrier for good with a tiny bit of room left.

20231121_195404~01.jpg

Your move @Evilmuffin 😅

Last edited:
I put in my longest stint on a TT today than I have in a long time.

Back at Lake Louise for almost 40 laps. My shoulders feel stiff. But I made very good progress. I really started to get Turn 1 down, gave up on exiting Turn 3 in 4th gear and just clawed out in 3rd. I seemed to get a more consistently fast S1 this way. I was getting low 32 or high 31's throughout the session. Then on Lap 37 I managed a 31.610 in S1 ... I knew I had to make this lap count.

Strung S2 pretty good, hopefully S3 just didn't suck. Well, S3 was 💩 ... But not nearly bad enough to stop me from setting a new PB!

At what point do you start becoming alien? 👽

18bf35c0a369-screenshotUrl.jpg
18bf35c23c111-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's the lap.

Hopefully tomorrow I can put together a good lap with a better S3. But I feel pretty good about making it to the first page at least for now! :lol:

@Touring Mars @half_sourly

I'm flattered! But I honestly think it's just good timing (pun intended). I'm sure a lot of people have been busy with Master License tests and grinding little Italian cars into the walls at Daytona or whatever else we are able to do since 1.40.

The 911 GT3 RS at Daytona will be the real test.

I don't know if I'll be able to touch recently ascended alien, @Evilmuffin.

@Touring Mars @half_sourly

I'm flattered! But I honestly think it's just good timing (pun intended). I'm sure a lot of people have been busy with Master License tests and grinding little Italian cars into the walls at Daytona or whatever else we are able to do since 1.40.

The 911 GT3 RS at Daytona will be the real test.

I don't know if I'll be able to touch recently ascended alien, @Evilmuffin.
Naah we can't toutch him anymore..... he is gone, no longer among us, that muffin has sailed, no longer one of us ..... 🤣

Nice time at Louise!

Last edited:
I put in my longest stint on a TT today than I have in a long time.

Back at Lake Louise for almost 40 laps. My shoulders feel stiff. But I made very good progress. I really started to get Turn 1 down, gave up on exiting Turn 3 in 4th gear and just clawed out in 3rd. I seemed to get a more consistently fast S1 this way. I was getting low 32 or high 31's throughout the session. Then on Lap 37 I managed a 31.610 in S1 ... I knew I had to make this lap count.

Strung S2 pretty good, hopefully S3 just didn't suck. Well, S3 was 💩 ... But not nearly bad enough to stop me from setting a new PB!

At what point do you start becoming alien? 👽

View attachment 1305344View attachment 1305345

Here's the lap.

Hopefully tomorrow I can put together a good lap with a better S3. But I feel pretty good about making it to the first page at least for now! :lol:

I hope to get a little time tonight and tomorrow to put in work. Honestly don't think I can catch you even though my optimals have def had me close to 44a couple times. Actually getting it done is another thing.

I would say you are officially 👾 status

Back