Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,118 comments
Can I register for this? I did the last dozen (except Suzuka as the car was faster than the frequency of my monitor) and had fun doing it. The results were quite okay.

Thanks
Martin
You need to be in the main scoreboard group because the data is taken from there. Let me know if you want to be included in that main results group - opening post here has details on what I need.

After yesterdays Titans' races I'm testing some ideas for smoother lines through corners.
And well, that's a first...
TT-LeMansF1GTR-39sred.jpg

Yeah, it's red, but up to this point I wasn't able to do that even in red (and this one was invalidated even before the start of the lap).
Small improvement to 3:40.519, but now I want more. Will continue to work on it tonight.

Hi,

I do not know whether to laugh or cry here right now!

My brake pedal has developed a fault where the brakes stick on at around 50-60%. It does it 3 or 4 times per lap. I have raised a support ticket with the relevant people. I suspect that the whole pedal set is going to be shipped to a repair centre and that, I reckon, is going to take around a week to resolve.

Gutted. Fed up. Annoyed. Upset. Disgruntled. Peeved. Disappointed. ****** off. Angry. Very angry. Really ****** off.

Now I am going to have to talk to the wife for a week and watch garbage on TV until I get my pedal set back!!!

Pour upon me thy sympathy or scorn. I care not which. 😳 :lol:

Best regards to all here and I hope you all manage to improve your times.

Ian.

Gutted. Fed up. Annoyed. Upset. Disgruntled. Peeved. Disappointed. ****** off. Angry. Very angry. Really ****** off.

😢 I don't use my wheel as much as I should but I feel your pain with the cat eating my cables, my pedals are the only part that is still intact

Now I am going to have to talk to the wife for a week and watch garbage on TV until I get my pedal set back!!!

🤣 I know this feeling... sat here watching Hollyoaks and Come Dine With Me 😒😅

Last edited:
Marriage costs at least 2 tenths a lap. Compare two similar skilled guys, one single, one married. You will notice married one is always on guard with fear, fear of sudden wife interference which cost valuable time especially in corner entries :))…God bless and give extra speed to all married man.

Last edited:
Marriage costs at least 2 tenths a lap. Compare two similar skilled guys, one single, one married. You will notice married one is always on guard with fear, fear of sudden wife interference which cost valuable time especially in corner entries :))…God bless and give extra speed to all married man.

Thank you for the newly gifted quote for me not being as fast as others on here 🤣

Now does GTPlanet do divorce papers 🤔😂 and who do I speak to about a spaceship? 🤣

Last edited:
Please stay as top 100 for a few more days! :scared:
If anyone high up uses multiple accounts and I end up 101st I will personally hunt them down and scatter lego around their house for them to step on in the night, and I'm only half joking.. :lol:

19027c5b4d853-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lap provided for your perusal, noteworthy things:
  • Rather wild Estre-inspired 1st chicane
  • Extremely close track limits Tetre Rouge and 1st mulsanne chicane
  • A bit too early on the brakes at the bottom of the straight, backed off the brakes and went a tad deep, bit of time here still
  • I always feel slow onto the power around Arnage, but maybe thats just how it is?
  • Lost time being a bit passive at the first part of the final chicanes, really didnt want to get sent into orbit by the kerbs :lol:

Add two female daughters between 15 and 20, makes another half second.
Add a cat that arrived home normal and now neutered. He liked to seat on the rig... before..
another second.

Think the dog, the only other male in the house, doesn't even trust to try to drive

As @NAXEHT casually puts down a 37 on his first try, my struggle to get into the 38's continued after failure yesterday. I FINALLY did so tonight. :crazy: My time actually wasn't all that hot after 3 sectors, but I did well enough the rest of the lap to still get under 39. Of course I was almost 4 tenths up on my following lap after Arnage before stuffing up the rest of the lap, as evidenced by the screenshot below. Could've been a 38.5. Damn. :banghead:
IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

Such a frustrating morning this was, i'm completely off focus due to personal matters what gives me stress on level gazillion, and that makes concentrating very hard for me.
Sorry to hear you're dealing with stressful stuff my friend. :( Hope it gets better for you soon, and you can get back at it!!
I have to say that I normally don't like Catalunya much, but this this car is actually quite fun to drive on this track.

Mind you, it is not that easy. However, the car does rotate very nicely during corner entry. If done right, you can absolutely stand on the throttle when exiting the corner.
Looks like you guys are having fun with the new Catalunya combo. Didn't have any seat time today, and still might take one more run at LeMans before moving on to this one. I'm looking forward to getting a crack at it.
Dolph Drago

As @NAXEHT casually puts down a 37 on his first try, my struggle to get into the 38's continued after failure yesterday.
Ha, it's all relative brother.! Your 38s are looking pretty enviable from where I'm sitting :).

But, yeah, 37s on the first stint is 👽 land!!

Last edited:
:D .. oh boy.. haha....

@half_sourly do we need "married" column in our statistics, with extra column, "married xx years" :D hey hey I am allowed to joke, wife, cats, gold fishes, ... :D :D :D
good morning to you champions of GT planet Time Trials , you rock!

Altho i wasn't feeling like it, i still was awake fairly early today and after sipping my coffey away i could not resist
to try some Catalunya laps, i think i stuffed up my absolute PB lap on the second lap by hitting the grass on the very last exit.
Then for about an hour i didn't hit a thing, not even sub 51's.
Almost gave up but took 5 minutes and went again..

Altho i had a bad S1 ( had a lot of high .4xx already ) my exit on Repsol was more than descent.
And for the first time i had a sort of descent Campsa, i have a lot of problems with this car uphill, same goes for Bank Sabadell
it's just so oversteery on the most tiny input on throttle on those corners...
But kind of got it this time and finally ran a .734

Barcelona-Bike2019.png

Could def have been a low 6 if it wasn't for S1. :banghead:

But happy with the way my "Justice 4 Banana"slided around the track, and for a brief moment sitting within the top 100, should last an hour i guess :lol::lol:

1902a0cb89690-screenshotUrl.jpg

1902a0c989382-screenshotUrl.jpg

Sorry to hear you're dealing with stressful stuff my friend. :( Hope it gets better for you soon, and you can get back at it!!
Thanks mate, i hope so too, time will tell on this one, hope to know more in a few days. 🤞

Last edited:
Well it's looking like it'll be silver for me in both current TTs. Won't have much or even any time over the next week for GT7 as I'm going camping. I'm hoping to at least be able to get my daily workouts in remotely but we'll see if that's even do-able. I think gold would be possible for me with more laps at Catalunya.

Hey folks. First post. Been a long time away from GT (many years) and just getting back into it. I have had to rent the time trial MacF1 as I don’t have it in my garage yet.

I’ve only done maybe 20laps of leman but the question I have for you is how much time is there to be made in setup? Using the enforced setup from the rental seems to not be particularly pointy. I see the times of 3.35 and wonder how the hell id achieve that. I think with more practise I could get down to 40s just by smoothing out and gradually dialling back the tc (I’m currently only on tc2). But another 5 seconds beyond that seems hard to imagine…

Hey folks. First post. Been a long time away from GT (many years) and just getting back into it. I have had to rent the time trial MacF1 as I don’t have it in my garage yet.

I’ve only done maybe 20laps of leman but the question I have for you is how much time is there to be made in setup? Using the enforced setup from the rental seems to not be particularly pointy. I see the times of 3.35 and wonder how the hell id achieve that. I think with more practise I could get down to 40s just by smoothing out and gradually dialling back the tc (I’m currently only on tc2). But another 5 seconds beyond that seems hard to imagine…
No setups allowed in (most) online time trials. They are BOP balanced. THere's only been one or two that allowed tuning. Even if you own the car, it's reset to default (or at least whatever specific settings the TT is using) when you enter the TT...

Last edited:
Back