Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,296 comments
Cheers guys - I’m only in the 43s but there is obvious time left everywhere and I’m still taking big chunks out of my pbs every time I sit down to belt out four or five laps. There’s easily .4 to be made in the first left-right, another .4 in the right leading onto mulsanne.. etc etc
A 35 seems a long way away at this point. But I like the challenge.

Cheers guys - I’m only in the 43s but there is obvious time left everywhere and I’m still taking big chunks out of my pbs every time I sit down to belt out four or five laps. There’s easily .4 to be made in the first left-right, another .4 in the right leading onto mulsanne.. etc etc
A 35 seems a long way away at this point. But I like the challenge.
Welcome.
Stick around... this place will make you faster.
Very friendly community going here.

Hello folks,
i want to say "hi" as well to everybody here. I am more a "silent reader".

I played GT1 and GT2 when i was young(er) and short before christmas i decided to buy me a PS5 because of GT7. When i got to TT it was for me fast 250k Credits every week. Then i came across gtplanet and i saw, that in TT is with training and work more than just bronze. Thanks all here i got faster and better in TT. I still struggle with slippy cars like the xbow at atlanta or the TT and Brands Hatch. Even if i got optimum times in gold i wasn't able to gold it.

Now it's already 2 month @half_sourly added me to the leaderboard. But for now my aim is just getting gold not to go further... (yet). I don't have a lot of time for gaming. Two realy young kids at home and a third in coming...
TT at Barcelona is quite more complicate for me than Le Mans. But yesterday i golded it after a 5. or 6. session (for now) by 0.007. I hope, i don't have to go to it again.

The slippy TT i do better with pad, but i bought a wheel a few weeks ago. And I realy enjoy driving with wheel, where i do better in race cars.

So, i won't write very often. But i'm very happy, that this tread is existing and thanks a lot @All !

Last edited:
thanks a lot @All !
🤔

Screenshot_8.png

Thanks mate, i hope so too, time will tell on this one, hope to know more in a few days. 🤞
My thoughts are with you buddy 🙏🏼 one of the most important, nicest and fastest people in this community. You got this! Amazingly fast as always 🔥 💨 😎

I’m back after a stressful and busy week at work, before we get into lap times I’m delighted to say I passed all flight tests this week! I’m officially allowed to be a Captain 👨🏻‍✈️ 😬 absolutely buzzing, a few training flights to come but it’s all lowkey compared to the simulator testing. My first full flight as commander is to New York JFK later next month 😎. I am ELATED!!

Aaaaaand then I tried to drive the GT-R 🤣 welcome back to Earth Dan! What an understeery bus this is, and then snap oversteer, those poor AMG engineers are probably not best pleased with PD right now 😂😂 I set one clean lap but this is basically how it went;

Yeah..

So back to Le Mans with only limited time I resorted to steery cheat mode to get the job done. Main reason was consistency in sector one; the amount of times I’ve spun in the chicane 👀. CSA Strong helped a lot although ultimately I think it makes you slower for me it allowed me to set consecutive clean laps (without spinning anyway, hello dumb track limits waves). In the end I set a good time but didn’t quite hit my 3:36.xxx target but that’s REALLY setting the bar high 🥸

IMG_7435.jpeg

IMG_7434.jpeg
IMG_7436.jpeg

Hopefully back in the top 50 😬

My thoughts are with you buddy 🙏🏼 one of the most important, nicest and fastest people in this community. You got this! Amazingly fast as always 🔥 💨 😎

I’m back after a stressful and busy week at work, before we get into lap times I’m delighted to say I passed all flight tests this week! I’m officially allowed to be a Captain 👨🏻‍✈️ 😬 absolutely buzzing, a few training flights to come but it’s all lowkey compared to the simulator testing. My first full flight as commander is to New York JFK later next month 😎. I am ELATED!!

Aaaaaand then I tried to drive the GT-R 🤣 welcome back to Earth Dan! What an understeery bus this is, and then snap oversteer, those poor AMG engineers are probably not best pleased with PD right now 😂😂 I set one clean lap but this is basically how it went;

Yeah..

So back to Le Mans with only limited time I resorted to steery cheat mode to get the job done. Main reason was consistency in sector one; the amount of times I’ve spun in the chicane 👀. CSA Strong helped a lot although ultimately I think it makes you slower for me it allowed me to set consecutive clean laps (without spinning anyway, hello dumb track limits waves). In the end I set a good time but didn’t quite hit my 3:36.xxx target but that’s REALLY setting the bar high 🥸

View attachment 1365846
View attachment 1365847View attachment 1365848

Congrats on passing Captain Dan :bowdown:

Epic times as always.

I forgot about this idea. :indiff: Here are the results after round 2, which is TT81. The 'rules' will be:
  • Each mini-championship runs over 10 TT events.
  • A driver must have taken part in at least 4 of those 10 TT events to qualify.
  • Score is each driver's placement on this group's scoreboard
  • The two worst performances for each driver are removed.
  • To build a bit of anticipation, I will only apply the >=4 and remove worst 2 rules at the end of the last week.
As ever, shout if you see errors or weirdness.

Turns out I was a bit hasty in getting that posted. It did not include everyone on our scoreboard because I just copied and pasted the test one I had made earlier. The clue was when I noticed nobody was first...

So here is a new version. As ever, let me know if you see errors, or as @rikku-mw kindly did via pm, if you think you should be on there, but are not.

As a side note, for someone like @MUC76 joining partway through our 'championship', you will only have a result for those TTs where you were part of the group's usual scoreboards. This is because we use placement on our usual scoreboards for these mini championships. To 'back-date' someone to the start of any current mini championship they join partway through, I'd have to go back and recreate past scoreboards for up to several TTs, which affects (other than the use of my time) other people's results, the already published final TT results on the other thread, as well as the all time and current year scoreboards in post 2 of the other thread. Trust that makes sense.

TTC.png

As a
Turns out I was a bit hasty in getting that posted. It did not include everyone on our scoreboard because I just copied and pasted the test one I had made earlier. The clue was when I noticed nobody was first...

So here is a new version. As ever, let me know if you see errors, or as @rikku-mw kindly did via pm, if you think you should be on there, but are not.

As a side note, for someone like @MUC76 joining partway through our 'championship', you will only have a result for those TTs where you were part of the group's usual scoreboards. This is because we use placement on our usual scoreboards for these mini championships. To 'back-date' someone to the start of any current mini championship they join partway through, I'd have to go back and recreate past scoreboards for up to several TTs, which affects (other than the use of my time) other people's results, the already published final TT results on the other thread, as well as the all time and current year scoreboards in post 2 of the other thread. Trust that makes sense.

As always a fine Idea out of a group of fine guys (girls and women are very welcome, too) and I am grateful to be included. Will you publish the championship-leaderboard in a separate thread or along with the weekly results of the mighty GTPLANET-leaderboard? Thank you very much! The next coffee should come with cookies...

As a

As always a fine Idea out of a group of fine guys (girls and women are very welcome, too) and I am grateful to be included. Will you publish the championship-leaderboard in a separate thread or along with the weekly results of the mighty GTPLANET-leaderboard? Thank you very much! The next coffee should come with cookies...
I was thinking in this thread along with the weekly post where I point to the results post in the other thread for the TT just ended, along with interim results for the one that is a week old. So it would be in the format:
  • go and look over there for TT81 final results
  • here are interims for TT82
  • here are the TT championship standings after TT81

What do you reckon?
Oh and cheers! ☕

Yeah..

View attachment 1365846

Substitute Cap'n for lieutenant, though.

Congrats dude. Fast everywhere! 🔥

Yeah..

View attachment 1365846

That's quite a post right there @Dan_Tes! Echoing your sentiments on @Gomario JSP mate, wishing you all the best!
Congratulations on becoming a Captain, and continuing to get faster and faster in every time trial :bowdown:

Last edited:

Thanks Dan, but those kind words are way to much! 🙄🙏
I'll keep you guys posted when I know more in a few days!

Major congratulations on you achievement to be officially captain of your own mothership, that's fire mate, well done, well worked for, and well deserved!
So no looping around anymore mate, serious buissines now and up to JFK!! 😁

And to all you guys that wished me luck...❤️
That's some community power right there! Thanks guys!

Heavy work week so not much time or energy to tackle this TT.

But we did our Titans' event sunday on that track so it allowed me to train more (different car though)

Only done 2 laps in this TT before, with only one valid lap around 3:56.XXX

So good improvement, despite many mistakes:
1902ca9abc421-screenshotUrl.jpg

Oh and that's a first : best lap = optimal 😅 I think it means I have some margin of progression.

@Chris30 : your turn to get in front now 😊
1902ca973b31-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, but those kind words are way to much! 🙄🙏
I'll keep you guys posted when I know more in a few days!

Major congratulations on you achievement to be officially captain of your own mothership, that's fire mate, well done, well worked for, and well deserved!
So no looping around anymore mate, serious buissines now and up to JFK!! 😁

And to all you guys that wished me luck...❤️
That's some community power right there! Thanks guys!
Hey man, what's going on? I hope everything is okay. My ER visit was hell some. I know the level of stress you're probably under, so just deep breathe and relax buddy. :)

Such a frustrating morning this was, i'm completely off focus due to personal matters what gives me stress on level gazillion, and that makes concentrating very hard for me.
Still tried some laps but think i stuffed up only one or two potential .7 laps.
lots of .9 and some high 8's....

best of the morning was a .....

View attachment 1365525

I don't know if i'll try again,

Happy days folks
Sorry to hear this.
Hopefully this will come back to normal as fast as a tsukuba lap

Cross fingers

I finally broke into the 3:40s 🙂 Going to be chasing those optimals tomorrow evening.

View attachment 1365903

View attachment 1365904

@330_D As usual mate 😁

View attachment 1365905
Nice work. I don't care much for this combo so I'm probably sticking right there in the middle. Don't much feel like grinding that one out. It's also 100 degrees here and my rear is kicked from being in it all day. If I get a chance to lap in the next day or two I certainly won't be at my best.

I'm hoping for some good laps with the Merc before that one is done! Managed yesterday to grab a couple tenths. I think I have some more there but my greedy driving style doesn't totally agree with that car. 😂

Nice work. I don't care much for this combo so I'm probably sticking right there in the middle. Don't much feel like grinding that one out. It's also 100 degrees here and my rear is kicked from being in it all day. If I get a chance to lap in the next day or two I certainly won't be at my best.

I'm hoping for some good laps with the Merc before that one is done! Managed yesterday to grab a couple tenths. I think I have some more there but my greedy driving style doesn't totally agree with that car. 😂
Not a fan of the high downforce combos as well.

I did feel lost at first. It took me a few days to get acquainted with the higher torque, but it seems to be getting better. The only reason I continue grinding this one out to the end.

That feeling that you had of it legit being a mistake purchase during your first week of use... that feeling for me lasted only 3 days 😁

Be to greedy with the Merc and you will get tons of drift action 😁
Will get to that one properly over the weekend.

Managed to grab 30 minutes in the AMG this evening. After failing to pass go a number of times, I remembered how to drive and strung a few laps together. Frustratingly I got within 0.005 of my best but did see optimals under 1:51 for the first time. We’re doing major house surgery at the moment so I’m not sure when I’ll get to run again, but would love to get this nailed down :cheers:
1718762266269.jpeg

Back