Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,350 comments
First of all, thank you for this post Daniel.
I'm still lying under the table trying to regain my composure. 🤣

The picture is also very expressive.
  • Centre and right tells me: This guy is fast
  • The fact that there's nothing on the left tells me: The guy is also clever
I never felt more human than now: the middle is blank, the right side looks like a warm-up lap of @Evilmuffin while cooking some delicious meal... and the left shows great improvement thanks to different ghosts of different mates here. I am in silver range at Road Atlanta and at the moment among the top 10.000 (and above some beloved bigger names of my friends list who cannot be named here to protect their privacy...).
19098fab3c9100-screenshotUrl.jpg

@Pesselles : Mieze only wants to distract that he became himself extraterrestrial. 👾@MUC76 : nice try! 😀

I have noticed pattern that I start predicting next coming TTs when I see some "connection" and expect something for next coming TTs....

So with this intro I think I said we will have snow one when I saw Lake Louise trailer and now when I see "New Physics" and screenshot of Subaru Impreza WRC on 1.49 update trailer, do I imagine that we might have a dirt track one after 1.49 update?

1000024714.png

Done for today, the beer kicked in so my times started to go to trash. Still managed to get close to 1:33. 0.4s improvement thanks to, again, @djolliea ghost. Last day of this trial tomorrow, unless next tt will allow me to put some focus on big willow. Top 500 gives me my personal best for now. Managed to jump in front of @Pesselles (at least for a moment) which was my little side quest on the road to 33 :) View attachment 1371189View attachment 1371190
Holy cow!! That's amazing. Have you ever gotten in the top 500 before!?

I never felt more human than now: the middle is blank, the right side looks like a warm-up lap of @Evilmuffin while cooking some delicious meal... and the left shows great improvement thanks to different ghosts of different mates here. I am in silver range at Road Atlanta and at the moment among the top 10.000 (and above some beloved bigger names of my friends list who cannot be named here to protect their privacy...). View attachment 1371205

@Pesselles : Mieze only wants to distract that he became himself extraterrestrial. 👾@MUC76 : nice try! 😀
@Downforcefast,
this one must be extraordinary difficult. The guy you mentioned above in the scope of the warm up needed a whole day to gold it. Normally he plays gt7 and ACC parallel at the same time 😄

But you do great there. :bowdown:heese kind of cars are your thing"!
You would have enjoyed the F1500T at Monza 😉

@Dan_Tes I watched your replay at RBR, I'm trying to copy what you did at Turn 1, you kept the speed above 100mph while clipping the corner, see my speed is between 85-95, so I may be losing some more time there. My goal is to get a sub 1'00.000 time, but if I don't, that's fine. I will stop if the TT is not fun to me anymore.

That was cool what you did at Sector 2, you went down to 3 and then back up to 4 before entering Sector 3. I'll figure out the trick, I hope. But I've got to get ready to order my dinner at Pizza Hut.

Cya later guys.

Last edited:
After a late night session after the football I put in about 20 laps at RBR in my M3 wearing fluro Clavin Klein. Most of my laps were in the red (in one session 9 of 10 were red!). But I've climbed just into gold with 2.80% and I'm not getting any quicker.

20830187104845003.jpg

Tomorrow I'll focus on that awful RB X2019 at Atlanta and see if I can climb out of bronze!!

Got my wheel back and finally was able to get to these TTs last night! Got some quick and dirty golds.
Well, Willow Springs and Red Bull Ring were pretty easy, golded them quickly and moved on to the big challenge.

Road Atlanta was tough! 🥵

In the end it was one of those "I'm not getting out of this rig until I gold this damned thing!" moments.
Perseverance finally paid off, I actually did two gold laps in a row for my final two laps. Hope they stick.

I'm about 2 weeks behind in this thread, I'll have to catch up and see what's up later!

Gran Turismo® 7_20240709014114.jpg

IMG_5661.JPEG

Still not a fan of the RA TT, but I was much more in the zone than any of my previous sessions, especially sector 1. I got down to a 1:00.830 but was very worried that time wouldn't hold for gold. Then I finally put this down despite a relatively slow first sector compared to what I had been doing (including a .6 out of nowhere two laps prior which I proceeded to totally screw up coming out of the 2nd turn in sector 2 :banghead:) Anyway...why do I still not feel safe? :nervous: Also, I tied @Soccmals (wherever he might be) to the thousandth.
IMG_3362.jpg

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

After 3 more nights of tiny gains at Redbull Ring, I finally found not just the extra tenth I needed, by the extra 2 tenths I needed.
I've changed the oil in the M3 another 3 times in my pursuit of improving my rank here, to give you an indication of how many laps I've done. In all that time I only improved my lap by 0.03 before finally getting to the lap time you see below. First I improved from a 59.238 down to a 59.210, then another night went by and I only improved to a 59.206. Then a final night went by with improvement down to a 59.201 with invalidated laps of 59.183 and 59.167. I thought there was no way I'd be able to improve, the lap times weren't consistent or easy to get.

Finally, I had a lap where I nailed T1, gaining almost 2 tenths in that corner alone, but exceeded track limits in the final sector (which was slow anyway), but I now had a new reference for taking T1, and after a few more unsuccessful laps, I finally put one together with both sectors optimal. I completed skipped the 59.1s and went straight to the 59.0s with that lap.

Another street car, another top 100 :D. I've also noticed all the cars I have a top 100 with have been painted black, unintentionally :odd:

19099e9b09368-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_440457596381050_1720537485863.jpg

Think I'll give the time trials a rest for a few days now. Put too much effort into these ones, haven't even tried the Merc at Willow Springs yet :scared:

As announced, as of this morning i switched back to my KAlex account. I tried to get comparable times at RA and RBR as i won't have any more time until they end.

Didn't look good on the first kilometres but i eventually got both a little better than on my old account and even broke the minute barrier at RBR. Pretty pleased with that session.
1000020410.jpg

1000020412.jpg

Now i only have Saturday or Sunday morning for Willow Springs as i will be away from Sunday for about a week.

After 3 more nights of tiny gains at Redbull Ring, I finally found not just the extra tenth I needed, by the extra 2 tenths I needed.
I've changed the oil in the M3 another 3 times in my pursuit of improving my rank here, to give you an indication of how many laps I've done. In all that time I only improved my lap by 0.03 before finally getting to the lap time you see below. First I improved from a 59.238 down to a 59.210, then another night went by and I only improved to a 59.206. Then a final night went by with improvement down to a 59.201 with invalidated laps of 59.183 and 59.167. I thought there was no way I'd be able to improve, the lap times weren't consistent or easy to get.

Finally, I had a lap where I nailed T1, gaining almost 2 tenths in that corner alone, but exceeded track limits in the final sector (which was slow anyway), but I now had a new reference for taking T1, and after a few more unsuccessful laps, I finally put one together with both sectors optimal. I completed skipped the 59.1s and went straight to the 59.0s with that lap.

Another street car, another top 100 :D. I've also noticed all the cars I have a top 100 with have been painted black, unintentionally :odd:

Think I'll give the time trials a rest for a few days now. Put too much effort into these ones, haven't even tried the Merc at Willow Springs yet :scared:
Thats a great time dude, Whats your setup for your game there matey??? Do you prefer using assists and and any recording of the lap for reference?

Yes Yes Yes GIF

View attachment 1371291

I know this is not safe but I'm happy right now. Didn't give up and finally got into gold with this abomination 😂
Wow man, nice. You made it just inside the gold zone, hopefully it will hold for you. I gave up on it, so I will have to take bronze. Still 500k is not a bad prize for that. My time was in the 1'03.000's. Actually I think I did better this second go-round, in 2022 when they had this TT, I got a time in the 1'06'000's. So that's almost a 2-3 second improvement.

I think I'm satisfied with that.

Slow 10 laps stint, but that was in VR
1909cb1861e65-screenshotUrl.jpg

After that went on Nordschleife with my beloved 308 GBT for a time trial. Beat my previous time by 2s... while not driving very well... But I did not have time trialed a lot with that car on that track so that's not so meaningful, but for a VR lap I am happy.

Last edited:
Still not a fan of the RA TT, but I was much more in the zone than any of my previous sessions, especially sector 1. I got down to a 1:00.830 but was very worried that time wouldn't hold for gold. Then I finally put this down despite a relatively slow first sector compared to what I had been doing (including a .6 out of nowhere two laps prior which I proceeded to totally screw up coming out of the 2nd turn in sector 2 :banghead:) Anyway...why do I still not feel safe? :nervous: Also, I tied @Soccmals (wherever he might be) to the thousandth.
View attachment 1371283

Congrats on the gold mate, this is a tough cookie for sure, I struggled a lot on pad to clear it, S1 is def a weird one, I tried again this morning and had multiple .5xx and even a 21.49x out of nowhere.... but did not matter what I tried and could not get T7 to work without spinning 😂, I gave up on it.... I don't like it 😂😂

I've been quietly grinding laps the last couple weeks. Getting back into a normal routine after my move has taken some time and many sleepless nights.

While my performance may not be on par with my entries pre-move, the only substitute for talent is practice. And I hadn't had much time to practice until now.

1909d2c803f94-screenshotUrl.jpg
1909d2c94e967-screenshotUrl.jpg

I moved on somewhat quickly here. Previously, I was only just sitting inside Gold. So I managed a slightly larger buffer. I think I'm safe.

1909d2c1d1f59-screenshotUrl.jpg
1909d2c2d8946-screenshotUrl.jpg

I left The RBR to pursue Gold in the Bed Bull car. I knew this one would be tough and Gold took me a few days of attempts.

My optimal lap would have been amazing, but I'm happy my Gold streak continues.

No attempt has been made at Willow Springs yet.

No panic guys, nothing happend today in the Mojave desert. Only frustration and time lost.

I had tens of laps, in several sessions and despite all the friendly help provided by Mister @Ed_Night my 2nd sector is still my weak point. Yes, I'm a bit more comfortable, and less slow as previously (Ed helpt me to gain 0.2 here), but still far from having a comfortable cushion before the last turn.

1720624150218.png

Here at the end of the 2nd sector, I should be maximum at +/- 1:03.3xx to be under 1:34 on the end of the lap (this lap was a medium one).

Here are my today best scores, sector by sector:
  • Sector 1: 29.564 - average at 29.6
  • Sector 2: 33.836 - average at 34.0 (previously 34.2xx)
  • Sector 3: 30.491 - average at 30.6

My best lap today was 1.34.154. It would be awesome for many, but it's frustrating when your PB is already lower.

I know the sub 1:34 is there, somewhere hidden by the cactuses 🌵 the rocks, and all this sand.
I feel I can get it but I need first to 🔓 this damned middle sector. Still 7 days to find peace!

ATTACK!!!

:mad: I am pissed off by this TT

Most of the laps I have just passed T1 and already have +0.5s - crawling through T2-T3 without being able to throttle to half what I see @Mistah_MCA do (he barely lift at the entrance of T3), and I have to wait an eternity to full throttle or else I invalidate in T3

T4 is approximately the same each time, T5 I lose at least 0.3s every time when not 0.6s.

Little improvement in the end, on the best lap, optimal is in gold range, medium on 20 laps best too, but I can't go lower.

1909e4d106b43-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'll try again tomorrow but I have little hope.

Last edited:
Back