Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,381 comments
Got it into the 1:46s after another session. Still not chasing any ghost. Kinda want to see how far I can get before I need to use ghost for ultimate lap.

1000074633.jpg

I've been cracking up at some your posts tonight, what a busy day I had. I can post here as much as I want as long as i'm on topic. Sometimes I'll take it personal what @TumeK5 says. Did I even add him on my friends list? I have so many people on there I can't keep up with it, LOL.

Well I got to work tonight when I came home. I drove 6 laps in the LFA at Sardegna and on my 6th lap I clocked a time of 1'50.961. So I'm creeping towards silver, see I have TCS set at 0, and it's not a bad ride for using sport soft tires. It is a heavy car and I have to brake early to make every corner and turn as smooth as possible. Do I honestly have the willpower to push and improve these next 2 weeks, YES!!

The only thing that gets me is timing the braking of turns 1-3. The rest of the course I can handle.

Thanks! I think It's a Toyota or Lexus color I picked. I don't remember. I also painted the LFLC VGT in the same color.
I thought it was cool too, I chose red as my main color. Red is fast to me, and I think it would represent my car in a well manner. I agree with Evilmuffin, I'm not using any ghosts either until I need the help and guidance.

Hi! Back from my holidays. Didn't read everything from the last days. Got my 2 mil from Willow Springs.

I had the time to look at Tidgney's lap at Fuji and thought i could try manual shifting (oh yeah, a great idea as a Super Formula alone is not enough to handle). Took me 150km but at the end my lap is now more than 3 tenth better than the AT lap before my days off. Still shifting chaotically all over the place of course but a higher gear out of a corner helps a lot.
1000020762.jpg

With that confidence i came to Sardegna and stayed at MT. Oh boy.
1000020763.jpg

That didn't feel good. Back to AT, TC1 and chase cam i felt much safer and got gold for the moment.
1000020764.jpg

My goal for Saturday and Sunday mornings is to try to get gold at Fuji with MT and try to reach my AT lap at Sardegna with MT.

Last edited:
A lot of you guys are really fast on controller. May i ask who of you uses trigger effects on weak/strong and who uses these plastic thingies to extend the range if the triggers or the analog sticks? I ended up with weak throttle and strong break and am thinking of longer triggers and analog sticks and maybe even some extra buttons for shifting on the bottom (still feel the dualsense edge is too expensive). TTs bring out the competitive thinking process. ;)

A lot of you guys are really fast on controller. May i ask who of you uses trigger effects on weak/strong and who uses these plastic thingies to extend the range if the triggers or the analog sticks? I ended up with weak throttle and strong break and am thinking of longer triggers and analog sticks and maybe even some extra buttons for shifting on the bottom (still feel the dualsense edge is too expensive). TTs bring out the competitive thinking process. ;)
PLEASE DON'T ANSWER HIM (he only wants to be faster than me)

To me, the Edge was worth every penny (and there definitely were a lot of them)

They don't want you to know this Alex but the real aliens use

IMG_0250.jpeg

I use strong trigger effects and no extra buttons or extenders, just shift up with [] and down with X.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wonder what the trick to that is too? I usually have my controller sensitivity setting at a 8 or a 9, it only helps on certain tracks and cars. It doesn't always work like a magic wand. Changing the button configurations may also be the key for getting better trigger effects, it's gonna be a whole new adjustment for me though.

Morning folks!

Man this thread goes fast 😂
No time yet to congratulate everybody on the alien achievements 😡😂

But had a little time to do some first laps in the LFA.....sound epic! Oversteer...Epic!... understeer.....epic 😂😂😂

It certainly has it's own manual to drive it ... but it's fun!...third sector is not my friend but who knows....if I have the time

1000022905.jpg

1000022906.jpg

Happy sliding guys 😁😂

Wow! You're one of the fast guys if i remember correctly. Don't you miss some feedback?
As I've been playing racing games like this for a very long time I guess I'm just used to it. Maybe if I started out with that sort of feedback from the triggers and got used to them then I probably would be worse without it
That said I don't have an option to turn it off on ACC so have to run with it on there, it's probably the equivalent of weak trigger effects on that. Maybe I'll try it again on GT at some point just to see how I feel about it now

Effects on strong and plastic trigger extenders too, they help most on very powerful cars, say gr1, formula, x2019... I can recommend, maybe mainly not that you will be second faster, but it will just be less deleted laps, and maybe slightly better lap times. ( I am on gyro btw)

If you think you started this (in the dessert) it would be somehow your fault. :D

Well i looked for ways to improve and found tuning for single player content and in regards to skill level MT is just a big thing, i at least want to try as I'm mostly driving with audio feedback again.
"Surpass yourself, the only race that never ends"
(Porsche slogan)

So which do you guys think will happen come Thursday (as both of the current TTs expire):

-We will get two new TTs, one that ends in one week (8/1) and the second which ends in two weeks (8/8); then, we're back on our normal schedule.

-We get one TT that expires in two weeks (8/8), then we get a second a week later (8/1) that then expires on 8/15.

I am hoping the former, but we're off schedule right now and I am wondering how PD is going to handle it coming up.

I had trigger extenders on the PS3 controller because the trigger buttons were rounded the wrong way (they were convex instead of concave) which was really not comfortable to use. But the PS4 and 5 controllers have concave shaping and I don't find extenders necessary at all really. I also don't like the haptics on the triggers so I turn them off. I think any sort of extenders on the analog sticks would be really awful...
Yeah, I wonder what the trick to that is too? I usually have my controller sensitivity setting at a 8 or a 9, it only helps on certain tracks and cars. It doesn't always work like a magic wand. Changing the button configurations may also be the key for getting better trigger effects, it's gonna be a whole new adjustment for me though.
there's no trick Chris. No magic wands. Button configs and controller settings aren't the reason some people are aliens. And the triggers are the only two buttons that have effects so changing from them will remove even the option to have any effects.

So which do you guys think will happen come Thursday (as both of the current TTs expire):

-We will get two new TTs, one that ends in one week (8/1) and the second which ends in two weeks (8/8); then, we're back on our normal schedule.

-We get one TT that expires in two weeks (8/8), then we get a second a week later (8/1) that then expires on 8/15.

I am hoping the former, but we're off schedule right now and I am wondering how PD is going to handle it coming up.
Good question. Like you, I am hoping for the former to continue the overlap.

Let's hope for first alternative and let's hope for 😁

Btw, @Famine I sometimes post something and then post or reply within ten minutes or so and get message not to ignore "merge reply" or what is correct name, multiple reply? I mean I am not doing that deliberately, I just replied to one person and within short moment reply to another. Hope I am not causing any troubles 😊

Back