Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,509 comments
Maybe I am missing something here and therefore not get it? I mean you are sharing your replays which we can se however we like?
Yeah, I was confused a little bit in what he said. I wonder if he was talking about some settings that did not work properly. Anyways you only have an hour to record what footage you want others to see. And you can edit, trim and cut the video too. It's a very cool feature used for the ps4 and ps5.

Here is a very bad done in a couple of mins video showing the difference (badly but well enough) the difference between a replay and recorded game play

The video isn't edited so is too long but skip around.

The first race is replay

The second screen recording

Obviously high production values aren't my thing 🤣

Edit:

The thing to note here is there are 2 very different mechanics when it comes to what is in the game (replays) and the games eco system vs the console acting like a capture card.

The replay is a reconstruction of the data that doesn't keep all of the input or at least UI representations of the data captured.

A screen/gameplay recording captures none of the underlying data just the actual player view of the game so in GTs case we see the different UI elements in the capture exactly how we saw them while playing. But there is no data behind a capture.

To make this simpler, gameplay capture allows us to watch from the perspective of the gamer.

A replay contains the data/telemetry to reconstruct a given replay. This means replay data could allow for much more analysis but at the cost of the interface data which would be useful to a few people doesn't really matter in the GT replay model.

Last edited:
I didn't realize until today that the new TT ended this week. So I had to cut to the chase and skip a step and started with watching Tidgney's lap guide. If there's one thing I can say about my performance after my move it's that I've become very efficient at getting Gold on my first stint.

190d604484966-screenshotUrl.jpg
190d6045ece10-screenshotUrl.jpg

This TT felt pretty good and I think VR really helps with wall avoidance with the added depth perception. My most troubling sector was the first right and left of Sector 3, just before the hairpin.

Last edited:
Well I think this is going to have to do it for me. I'm not sure I'll spend any more time on it - although my optimal in this session was 1:25.5 so maybe I'll see if I can improve on this still.

IMG_1932.JPG

I'm probably just going to take my silver and be satisfied at Sardegna too. I really don't know what anyone sees in the LFA. I think it's a hog...and honestly I don't even think the much-ballyhoo'd engine sound is all that. It's pretty thin and raspy if you ask me lol. I plan to spend some time today just driving some of my favorite cars around Nordschleife before the new physics drop this week I think...

Yeah the walls are sometimes closer than you think. Just saw this when i was watching the replay of my fastet lap. 🙈

View attachment 1374359

Didn't waste any inch there. 😱😂😂
Wow, that was close, and you still made it!! Cool and awesome shot there.

@ZevZoq Yeah, I'm at 1'23.916. I think I'm gonna call it quits there too, it's not worth the time wasted and extra stress. I've been doing meditation exercises to help me stay calm and in a more positive mood/mindset.

I can’t think of anything worse than sector three at Fuji. Absolutely loathe it. Obviously I’m a terrible driver through there... S1 and 2 are fine but the amount of time I lose through 3 is embarrassing.
I begin to wonder as to why the track creator made Sector 3 like that, it is so awkward I can never get the lines and corners right, so I just gave up. I had a slight improvement last night, and got 1'23.916. But I have no hopes of even earning silver, so...

Oh well. I am not an expert on SF cars or F1 races.

I can’t think of anything worse than sector three at Fuji. Absolutely loathe it. Obviously I’m a terrible driver through there... S1 and 2 are fine but the amount of time I lose through 3 is embarrassing.
It's ok I lose time in sector 1, sector 2 and sector 3....

My wheel settings don't like the SF, and quite frankly neither do I.

Just not my jam on those

I think I will not be able to reach into the 45s, but hopefully low 46s will be nice.
1721583082903.png

Second day at Sardegna. I think I finally understood this car in a proper way, after 7-8 laps of struggling to match my previous 1:46.555, I nailed the first sector with 4 tenths up on my best from that session (1:46.9) and just kept improving through the lap, making almost no mistakes. Of course, very careful on the throttle on the way out each time, maybe that could be improved with flooring it half a second earlier, but that would also possibly result in a catastrophic spin :lol:

Either way, chasing our resident alien ghost @djolliea I set a lap time I could not believe would be possible after the first session:

1721582971439.jpg

Very, very happy with this one, I may give it another go, but I can't see how much further I can push this, maybe 1 or 2 tenths at best.

Several hundred years ago, when I was young, I had a lady friend who was like this car.
As long as everything was meeting her predefined, but never shared, expectations in
any particular situation, things seemed to be okay, even good. Should her expectations ever not be
met, things went badly wrong, very quickly. I eventually showed her the exit, the same as I am showing
it to this particular vehicle. When it is not fun and more aggravation than you need, get out.

IMG_20240721_141605981.jpg

Thought I'd try both time trials today. I think I got around 4.70% off the top for the one featuring the SF23, but for the one with the LFA, I actually got 2.88%! I have faith both times will stick, so that'll be 3m come this Thursday. Plus I collected 2m from the previous time trial with the 300 SL (W194), too.

Last edited:
I had a really good sesson this evening, running both TT and got this result, so far so good, now the hunt for Red october, I mean GOLD!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240721205242.jpg

Videos of my laps inbound soon also!!! For Fuji and Sardegna! I think my original controller may break soon!!!

EDIT: THE YT Videos, have now been uploaded - ENJOY!

Last edited:
Crap, I did 18 laps at Sardegna and on the very last one I messed up at the last turn before the finish line. I went in the grass and my lap was 1'48.902. It was void.
Trying too hard.

Don't force the lap, let it flow. You have to be on it braking early but really really off the brakes to let the car move.

I know the top guys make it look fast and busy but you don't have to just maximise the exits on to the straights. The corners are the distracting bit brake early and make sure your just accelerate cleanly to all the straights and that time will come down

Well good night everyone, I've done enough laps today at Sardegna. The good news is my best time today was 1'48.576, but my lap was void because I drove too fast and botched the last turn before the finish. That is an evil turn, I'll show a picture of where I'm talking about.

1721613686990.png

This is always a roll of the dice for me. 50% of the time I'll pass it right and the other 50% I'll go in the grass and hit the wall. Never fails. Well, goodbye y'all. I need to rest for 9-10 hours and recharge my brain/mind.

Tried yesterday for 30min to get a clean lap on Fuji on my alt account. Failed at that because i always wanted too much instead of taking it slower. That bollard in Turn 3 has become my arch nemesis in this game 😅

On a side note.. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered myself a DD Pro 8NM and a CSL Cockpit. Gonna be interesting to see if I can adept and how long it will take me to reach my times with the pad (if I can do it at all) 🙈

Tried yesterday for 30min to get a clean lap on Fuji on my alt account. Failed at that because i always wanted too much instead of taking it slower. That bollard in Turn 3 has become my arch nemesis in this game 😅

On a side note.. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered myself a DD Pro 8NM and a CSL Cockpit. Gonna be interesting to see if I can adept and how long it will take me to reach my times with the pad (if I can do it at all) 🙈
That's awesome!

You will definitely match your pad times and probably exceed them in a very short space of time.

Just always remember it's the pedals that are making the difference not the thing that goes left and right 😉

Had a few days off and got back into the TT's last night. One question: why is the LFA TT only one week long?!

I started by running a bunch of laps in the LFA, as I've never driven it and know that circuit pretty well. Confident I would easily nab a silver time, I checked after my first timed lap and found I was just into silver. So I put in a bunch more laps and brought my time down to a 1:48.3XX, sitting around 9,000th in the global rankings at the time.

I know I won't be strong in the SF TT, so that would be a bit of a more tricky session - might save that for tomorrow night and have a last minute session in the LFA on Wednesday to see if I can eek out a gold time.

Had a few days off and got back into the TT's last night. One question: why is the LFA TT only one week long?!
Because new physics will be applied with the next update on 25th July :)
I started by running a bunch of laps in the LFA, as I've never driven it and know that circuit pretty well. Confident I would easily nab a silver time, I checked after my first timed lap and found I was just into silver. So I put in a bunch more laps and brought my time down to a 1:48.3XX, sitting around 9,000th in the global rankings at the time.

I know I won't be strong in the SF TT, so that would be a bit of a more tricky session - might save that for tomorrow night and have a last minute session in the LFA on Wednesday to see if I can eek out a gold time.
Good luck with the LFA :)

Between vacation packing, clearing the House, preparing the car for the long trip ( 1300km tomorrow) I tried to do some sliding this morning.....way more sub 46 lap 😁...... but all invalidated 🤣🤣

Could not get it to work....sooo close....🤣🤣
But I think this is it for me folks at Sardegna

1000023171.jpg

Between vacation packing, clearing the House, preparing the car for the long trip ( 1300km tomorrow) I tried to do some sliding this morning.....way more sub 46 lap 😁...... but all invalidated 🤣🤣

Could not get it to work....sooo close....🤣🤣
But I think this is it for me folks at Sardegna

View attachment 1374514
This is a next level time dude, congrats, are you yonduu-ing back off to ya alien planet for the holidays? :sly:

Back