Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,646 comments
1000021830.jpg

Hope this one sticks!

Decided to jump straight to this Clio V6 TT after my 2 weeks absence from GT7 as this will be likely be the most fun one out of the bunch - short wheelbase MR car on Bathurst, how hard(bad) can it be?

Turned out the Clio is delightful to drive with the v1.49 physics. I enjoyed every second of this - Car is predictable, FFB "makes sense" in a way that I know what the front wheel is doing/slipping and I had full confidence with whether the car will make the corner without touching the walls (The same can't be said for some of the pre-1.49 TTs like the KTM X-bow @ Road Atlanta).

The lap itself was definitely not my best in terms of raw speed but I just happened to be able to link 4 fairly good sectors together. 29th Globally when I did the lap last evening, and was (at one point) just a few hundredth off @Vule's time at the top of my friends leaderboard. Then of course he put down a seriously quick 2:30.4 just a few minutes later :lol: maybe another day...

IMG_2852.JPG
IMG_2853.JPG

Also gave the Mercedes AMG GT TT a try. Is it me or the RS tyres is way grippier than pre-1.49? Almost felt like I had Gr.2 level grip and it is quick around Laguna! So quick that I was still unable to utilize all the grip available especially in sector 1. I really feel 1:19 is possible for me.

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_2855.JPG

Will surely come back to both TT after I clear the rest of my backlog (Honda F1 @ Spa, Porsche Gr.1 @ HSR).

Last edited:
I'm glad I've been taking anger management classes too twice a week. I haven't been getting quite upset about not being able to earn gold. I'll show one of my MT laps later on this morning and let you guys take a look.

@AdxRE Welcome back from your absence, you'll like the new challenges!

View attachment 1381410In two weeks we will reach the 100 time trials. Do you think we'll get a present from pd then? 😂
Maybe, they should offer a special award for all players that have acquired all gold medals for the entire game. Kudos to whoever reached that milestone. I know Jeddah and Metalgear are 2 players that have done that!

Last edited:
View attachment 1381410In two weeks we will reach the 100 time trials. Do you think we'll get a present from pd then? 😂
Oh I doubt they will even notice it! And their count may be different because of the regional TTs and the ones split by junior and senior. Some of the Japan specific ones even had an U12 category in addition to the U17 ones.
I know Jeddah and Metalgear are 2 players that have done that!
I'd be interest in your source for this assertion. Could you please share it?
Well you're the only person that I've seen that has acquired all gold medals,
EDIT: Does this not contradict that you 'know' Jeddah and Metalgear have done it?

If you read the results thread I post every week, you will notice that at the bottom I give details on the number of people with gold rewards in all standard TTs to date. There are 84 at present, many of them regulars on this thread. I've marked them in bold - apologies if I missed anyone in that marking.

Jack García
E.Johansson
M. Rosolen
A. McIntosh
ステファン
blip
half_sourly
warrior2167
JeyM
H. Aslam
Marco Pierantoni
Exosum
InuyashaGodYokai
SIEUN_IBUKKI
Camit
Saul Goodman
JRFrench
K. Konstantinou
LOTUS
K. Hansen
TX3_tokari71
ブラボー
Turbo
SCfromLA
Mistah_MCA
Beb
Douglas-D1
TheOriginalJonT
SP_Robersuar
kk_chung
Matt Marrod
DRC_Woodyboy77
over.D
M. Rossetto
GKR_Username
andrej279
ang3lino
Ke. 
o-John-_-Titor-o
FERON
THNDR_HEEFFY
Setted
CANARY-M17
RB_Free
Mr_JungGil
souto_04
A--THE-BEST--
Miguebull
VSpreax
GT_Zocker1990
Luna
FGR_Xiimracing
FGR_StanGewalt
R25RDA
J.Morgan - RRR
AHR James
Rev-Over9K
れんげ
ドリーミーリド
Gustavo_85
UFT_RAFAMIX
カフェイン×17
SEI
ItzNick
R. Allen
bn4001
A. Wilk
N.Tsutsumiguchi
M.Cisternino
sc77fire_2
LisaSalters420
Revo
M. Yamano@328
katu
moriken
ライオンハート
T. Dammann
えずピ
Husq
5,000 Credits
おっさんGT
SPORTEC_Atho
C. Ayala
M. Caruso

Last edited:
New test in Mount Panorama and I made some small changes, notably on the ABS which I set to low and the steering sensitivity which I set to 8. This allowed me to improve my time and go under 2'33 with a time of 2'32'808 and an optimal time of 2'32'637
View attachment 1381416
Bravo Jérôme, that's another 0.5 shaved!!
This combo is very joyful but I admit I won't be able to challenge you this time ;)
Vive la France :lol:

Merci Daniel !!!
But if you want you can do it my friend !!!!!
COME ON !!!!!!!!💪💪💪👏
Thank mon copain ;) Can't wait to see your final score and ranking here!!

I didn't gave up yet on this one, as it's very pleasant to drive this French beast on Bathurst.
Very honestly when starting this TT yesterday, I couldn't imagined to score under 2:35.
Today, my objective is to secure my gold score in 2:33. With a clean lap, it could be doable.

Finally got gold after another 30 laps session at Laguna, but only by 0.150s so I'm afraid it won't last...
Really tough one for me, harder than most circuit experience.
Congratulations, I have not tried it yet, I will over the weekend(Sunday). I am tired, I'll probably work on these TT's over the weekend, I need some rest.

Last edited:
@Chris30 saying "congratulations", sharing bits of your personal life, wondering if this or that player did that or whatever it is not contributive it all.

That's the flooding I mentioned yesterday.

You didn't have to PM me to ask about why I gave the poop emoji.
Ok, I'm sorry. Well let me go now, I'm tired. I'm not posting on here tomorrow, I'm taking a break. Be back Sunday.

@Uday9479 thanks for the advice, I'll try your method Sunday.

Well other people congratulate others when they achieve gold, so it shouldn't matter, it is related to the thread. You all didn't make a big deal about it back then and technically this is @seadog777 's forum, so he should decide whether it's okay to be a bit offtopic or not.

Anyway I'm off, bye.

For example Pessilles congratulates Jeje's amazing time's because they are longtime friends. And Jeje does the same to him whenever he achieve's a gold time.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sorry. Well let me go now, I'm tired. I'm not posting on here tomorrow, I'm taking a break. Be back Sunday.

@Uday9479 thanks for the advice, I'll try your method Sunday.

Well other people congratulate others when they achieve gold, so it shouldn't matter, it is related to the thread. You all didn't make a big deal about it back then and technically this is @seadog777 's forum, so he should decide whether it's okay to be a bit offtopic or not.

Anyway I'm off, bye.

For example Pessilles congratulates Jeje's amazing time's because they are longtime friends. And Jeje does the same to him whenever he achieve's a gold time.
Yeah, indeed congratulating each other is ok. However congratulating every single player who posts a gold time here is too much if you ask me.

And seeing 4, 5 posts of yours doing exactly that each page is not contributive to this thread.

It's repetitive and that's the concept of flooding.

Well thank you for being honest telling me, now I'll be more cautious of how much I post here(and on topic). Everyone makes mistakes, we just have to start over each day. Have a good day.

Yeah, indeed congratulating each other is ok. However congratulating every single player who posts a gold time here is too much if you ask me.

And seeing 4, 5 posts of yours doing exactly that each page is not contributive to this thread.

It's repetitive and that's the concept of flooding.
It's his only way to get some attention. All his contributions are pointing in this direction. This is not an autistic behaviour, this is pathologic.
Some of us are tired, while some are patient and still reply him.
For now.

To stick to the topic, congratulations for your nice yellow score at Bathurst with your Clio, my friend!
Just few hundredths over me, it's just PER-FECT 👌 :cheers: :lol:

Back