Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,757 comments
After the Honda at Spa at the weekend, i took the seat in a NSX Concept-GT '16 yesterday - it felt quite different :D

The first 2 laps, at insane speed (compared to the RA272) thru every turn i always thought "that won't work, that won't work", but it did :lol:

After i get used to the NSX grip level, i pretty fast scored a 1:50,6 something, but not yet gold.
I watched M. Hisal's lap and used his ghost, that was a big help. Before i struggled with the exits of Degner2 and Spoon. But i saw Hisal short shifting here, wich was the solution.
After almost exactly 100 Km i scored this
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240826182150.jpg

Should be a safe gold and that's all i want!

Hi Folks,

I cracked the code.... my personal nemesis, my frustrating journey into the 48's in the NSX has come to an end,
I think i'll leave it at that, i went for miles and miles...hours and hours and sure more than a thousand miles.
But this morning after that GT7 alarm-clock at O-sixhundred i finally did it...

Had a very bad sector one with a 30.301 ( fastest this morning was 30.108 ) :grumpy: but the rest was very decsent, and for once i nailed spoon sort of.....(was far away from the second apex but had somany laps where i got loads of oversteer there beeing more on the left)
and had my first 1:28.915 split before 130R, which got me kind of nerveous for the chicane and almost binned it... i was way to long in 1th gear, that def. cost me some time....

So technically there is more time if i nail sector one, but it isn't as easy as it looks for me here :lol::lol:
The struggle was real :boggled::boggled::lol:

19192a70f0726-screenshotUrl.jpg

Insane feeling to struggle somuch and finally have a descent lap and still be 457 ....

19192a723e682-screenshotUrl.jpg

19192b97d4c34-screenshotUrl.jpg

Almost to close for comfort, not the first time i would invalidate a descent lap here :lol:

But very happy, 48 it iissssssssss😁😁

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I cracked the code.... my personal nemesis, my frustrating journey into the 48's in the NSX has come to an end,
I think i'll leave it at that, i went for miles and miles...hours and hours and sure more than a thousand miles.
But this morning after that GT7 alarm-clock at O-sixhundred i finally did it...

Had a very bad sector one with a 30.301 ( fastest this morning was 30.108 ) :grumpy: but the rest was very decsent, and for once i nailed spoon sort of.....(was far away from the second apex but had somany laps where i got loads of oversteer there beeing more on the left)
and had my first 1:28.915 split before 130R, which got me kind of nerveous for the chicane and almost binned it... i was way to long in 1th gear, that def. cost me some time....

So technically there is more time if i nail sector one, but it isn't as easy as it looks for me here :lol::lol:
The struggle was real :boggled::boggled::lol:

View attachment 1384397

Insane feeling to struggle somuch and finally have a descent lap and still be 457 ....

View attachment 1384396

View attachment 1384398

Almost to close for comfort, not the first time i would invalidate a descent lap here :lol:

But very happy, 48 it iissssssssss😁😁
Well done, it was bound to come. 🍻

On Friday evening I decided to get my wheel out to see if it could help me get into the silver times at Laguna Seca. I poured myself a bottle of wine to relax, and spent about 30 mins just getting used to the settings again after not using it for so long, eventually getting close to my time on a pad.

Then one of my cats decided to jump on the table next to me and do this. It was the last of my nice wine glasses.

I'm taking it as a sign that I should just give up on this time trial.

nonotmywine.jpg

On Friday evening I decided to get my wheel out to see if it could help me get into the silver times at Laguna Seca. I poured myself a bottle of wine to relax, and spent about 30 mins just getting used to the settings again after not using it for so long, eventually getting close to my time on a pad.

Then one of my cats decided to jump on the table next to me and do this. It was the last of my nice wine glasses.

View attachment 1384399
Cosmic punishment for owning a Tesla

View attachment 1384399
Oh my! Well I know I probably won't earn gold at Laguna. I'm not going through the corners quickly enough. So, I'm just gonna walk away with whatever amount of credits I earn whether it's silver or bronze. The positive thing is you did not get hurt from the shattered glass. What a naughty cat!!

View attachment 1384399
I was very, very sure that the ending would be: ... a sign to stop drinking wine.

You, know I think I'm gonna go back to drinking wine, maybe it will give me super-racing powers to tackle these d**n TT's.
Respectfully Chris, you have a very addictive personality and get really sunk into the things you are doing. I don't think turning to alcohol is a wise choice, especially if you're combining it with the amount you play GT7. I can only see that ending very very badly.

Last edited:
You know what, you're right Nebu, the aliens would most likely drink wine or beer before me to get a boost of energy to keep them going strong in those TT's. It's no telling what they are capable of. God only 80-100 aliens have acquired all gold medals. Ridiculous. Do they even freaking sleep half the time?

Last edited:
You know what, you're right Nebu, the aliens would most likely drink wine or beer before me to get a boost of energy to keep them going strong in those TT's. It's no telling what they are capable of. God only 80-100 aliens have acquired all gold medals. Ridiculous. Do they even freaking sleep half the time?
Chris, if you follow a path that logically can help you be a better driver and work on the things that everyone here has explained numerous times to help you (or anyone who wishes to do better in these time trials, for that matter) it becomes much much easier and takes significantly less time and commitment to get a better time. Aimlessly repeating the same habits will not do it.

I apologize if this sounds harsh. It is not meant to be.

I am one of the drivers with gold in all TTs and by no means a proper alien driver. I know we joke with the word but I'd reserve it for S class drivers.

I sleep at least 8 hours every night, eat three healthy meals a day, exercise most days, drink a glass of wine or whisky most days, and have many other interests. I also work full time. I play GT7 about an hour a day, sometimes a bit more. Many days I don't play at all. When I play, I use the time well to learn and improve.

Balance is key.

Chris, if you follow a path that logically can help you be a better driver and work on the things that everyone here has explained numerous times to help you (or anyone who wishes to do better in these time trials, for that matter) it becomes much much easier and takes significantly less time and commitment to get a better time. Aimlessly repeating the same habits will not do it.

I apologize if this sounds harsh. It is not meant to be.
No, you weren't; don't worry mate. Lol, Tume pooed one of my posts again; I guess wine is not the best option anyways.
@half_sourly You're on a more rigid schedule than me, mine is jacked up; I play gt7 6-7 hours a day.

Well whatever, but I'm still gonna post as long as I get a new PB or I feel I need help. I thought Famine said a week ago for us to ignore any non-popular posts here. This thread is free for anyone. I'm not gonna get started on this again.

@Gomario JSP told me he is steering clear of this ruckus and I fully respect his decision, soon enough I'm gonna step away too, and let my actions speak.

Last edited:
Well any posts that stress me out will be ignored from now on. If I see the user that has bullied me I will turn my head and not look at the post. This is an awesome community and who wouldn't want to be a part of it and battling out in each TT. Good day fellow TTer's. And impressive work again Dolph on that lap at Bathhurst. I don't think I've ever seen you that high up in the rankings.

And Jomar, I saw your impressive time at Suzuka, well done mate. I'm outta here. And thanks for all the advice for the people who do care about me, :) It keeps me going everyday to not give up.

Last edited:
Hi guys (and....)

Still working on Suzuka with Hulk to save my rectum in the gold position. Improvement is really weak, but motivation is large :dopey:

1724758931080.png

Optimals are pointing in an interesting direction:

1724758996832.png

1724759019938.png

Time will come and the planets will be correctly aligned... Patience, dedication, and motivation are the keys.

Lastly, I can't wait to be a few days older :sly:

1724759473022.png

@Gomario JSP told me he is steering clear of this ruckus and I fully respect his decision, soon enough I'm gonna step away too, and let my actions speak.
To shine some light on this from my side, i asked Chris to exclude me from new PB conversations on the different TT's
And mentioned i'll happly give any advice in the main thread so other people can benefit from that,

And Jomar, I saw your impressive time at Suzuka, well done mate. I'm outta here. And thanks for all the advice for the people who do care about me, :) It keeps me going everyday to not give up.
Thanks Chris, this hunt gave me some struggles, but managed it in the end.
But..... if i didn't hit that 48 before thursday new TT day i would have given up, or.... leave it at that.
I'm spending from 6AM to 8AM racing and have a full time job, evenings are for my own family, beeing a husband and father.
So technically it's not "giving" up then, but keeping my priority on point in life ;) :lol:

Key of the sentence above..........., less hours does not alwasy mean giving up

There was a time when I used to take TTs on GT Sport (Dailies) and GT7 way less seriously or at least not as much of a big deal as I do today because I was playing several shooters and time-sink simulator games (and dare I forget single-player behemoths like Elden Ring). Still, as I fell off some of those games I decided I wanted to invest more time in GT to get better, to get back to beasting TTs like I did with Dirt Rally, Driveclub and Project Cars.

The thing is I ain't no alien, I generally need to put the work in to get a gold (unless it's that Clio around MP it seems, about 5 laps got me there) so part of that commitment was the acknowledgement that I'd have to do more than just lap after lap after lap, so as far as I'm concerned if one is to spend 2, 3, 4, 8 hours plus a day racing you may as well consider it fruitless if you are lapping without mastering the following elements (and more besides no doubt)

• Commit to MT, don't mess about with MT to AT and back, I'd suggest at least 90% of Gold or high silver times are on MT, so mastering MT in terms of short shifting, learning those cars with power bands that benefit from quick upshifts to those that die like a dodo if you're not using full revs is crucial- in short, if you want to use AT still, you ain't getting Gold unless you've got some serious ability in other areas. So you either use it all the time or not at all, commit to using it in every mode/race of the game
  • Watching videos and ghosts- seems obvious but are you watching them to learn or watching them to see just how someone else flies around the track, note the speeds through corners, the entry angles, when they are on the gas, when they are breaking and how much, and how they are achieving the 'flow'
  • Question your decisions, why are you slower through a certain section? How does that ghost get around that corner way quicker, what feels quick sometimes isn't- my big issue is that I stay off the throttle too long after braking so I'm working hard to change my muscle memory
  • Know when to take a break, if I'm not gaining tenths or discernable improvement in 30-40 minutes, I'm off to do something else, I often find actually that doing so results in immediate improvement if I come back to it later.
  • Have fun, it's all pointless if you are not

All pretty obvious, but that's my 2 cents nonetheless

:cheers:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back