Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,712 comments
Excuse moi if this is a tad off-topic. I seldimly drink and after a rum and coke and two cervezas oi can safely say I got it all figured out... Kaz is one clever son of a gun. Instead of evening out payouts in the career mode, he gave us the time trials, if you wanna earn more than peanuts while having weekly variety, git gud. Lol. But I mean srsly, there's even YT tutorials with thumbnails screaming "how to earn 2mil in 59 secs" etc. Which begs to wonder how many in here were drawn into by the credits and actually turned alien in the process :D
Anywho. Carry on.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Online Time Trial: Alfa World Away

A new hot lap challenge is now available in the Gran Turismo 7 Online Time Trials, bringing a classic race car into the mix for the next two weeks...
My car for this race, got 1st place, engine swap, wide body, nos, will do the trick 🤪

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241004_205124_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241004_205124_Chrome.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1
It took forever to improve tonight. The car felt unpredictable last night, and it was even worse for the first 50 or so miles tonight. I just couldn't get a handle on it. :boggled: My fast lap was ugly, but I did finally make a gain. The hairpin at the beginning of sector 2 looks awful, but I found I'm much faster going in deep through there than if I tiptoe around the inside. And I felt I got into the chicane too hard, but I got a lucky bounce over the curbs. Whew!
View attachment 1394516

I ain't even tried it yet, so I have no idea how I'm gonna perform here. It may not be a gold time this time. I got lucky and brave at Watkins yesterday morning. Don't worry mate, your laps aren't ugly, we're all human and sometimes we don't have that extra groove to be fast out there. I'll take a look at your replay tonight or in the morning on Sunday. I gotta find the motivation to tackle the Sprint track.

You have an Insignia too? So do I, I got it at Best Buy 2 and a half years ago, in Summer 2021.

@Driver-a-81 welcome to the TT club man, enjoy fighting/having fun with us on this TT journey, :)

Last edited:
Two advices for Nurburgring TT but you ninjas have already figured it out I am sure. One is standard one, second advice is controversial so if any of you ninjas listed on my print screen, or anyone else can confirm or deny that would be good.
First, timing when you will shift down to second gear in turn plus release brake will make it or brake it, that means it will shift weight and put car in oversteer but if you do it in right moment then you can carry speed and slide through corner, easy said but very difficult to nail.
Second, and I know I posted this one before when we had Nurburgring TT, I drive through last corner every second time differently. First when I want to start the lap I go all the way to the top in last turn of the track so I can start accelerating from very edge or as early as possible into start line, I believe that I am slightly faster on start finish line like that, by reaching first braking zone I think I can gain almost one tenth, and then when I am finishing lap I take last turn just as normally as we do in all racing. If I see before last turn that I am not having chance to reach PB then I go all the way up and start accelerating from the very edge into new lap attempt.
Hope this helps someone.
1000028564.jpg
1000028563.jpg

Last edited:
Sent you a friend request (from nope_not_here) if you don't mind 🙈
Yeah, sure. I’ll accept it when I go online again. It’s always good to have more GT folks in my friend list, even better if it’s a local. Just know that I’m not really fast by any means (my 8,500th place is my best ever ranking by a long mile), I don’t do TTs very often, and I don’t really have a lot of friends on my account. :lol:

First when I want to start the lap I go all the way to the top in last turn of the track so I can start accelerating from very edge or as early as possible into start line, I believe that I am slightly faster on start finish line like that, by reaching first braking zone I think I can gain almost one tenth, and then when I am finishing lap I take last turn just as normally as we do in all racing.
Yup, I do this regularly. Also as you said after, if I'm "in the red" on a lap, I'll always try to do this to try and gain an extra kmh or two across the start line for most tracks where possible.

But I'll always sense check it with my exact speed across the line (or against another track marker such as the end of the exit kerb if the start finish line is far down the straight), as in some cases it makes no difference or actively makes you slower, despite taking the wider line and accelerating earlier, as you're accelerating from a much slower base speed.

Good tips though!

Two advices for Nurburgring TT but you ninjas have already figured it out I am sure. One is standard one, second advice is controversial so if any of you ninjas listed on my print screen, or anyone else can confirm or deny that would be good.
First, timing when you will shift down to second gear in turn plus release brake will make it or brake it, that means it will shift weight and put car in oversteer but if you do it in right moment then you can carry speed and slide through corner, easy said but very difficult to nail.
Second, and I know I posted this one before when we had Nurburgring TT, I drive through last corner every second time differently. First when I want to start the lap I go all the way to the top in last turn of the track so I can start accelerating from very edge or as early as possible into start line, I believe that I am slightly faster on start finish line like that, by reaching first braking zone I think I can gain almost one tenth, and then when I am finishing lap I take last turn just as normally as we do in all racing. If I see before last turn that I am not having chance to reach PB then I go all the way up and start accelerating from the very edge into new lap attempt.
Hope this helps someone.
View attachment 1394549View attachment 1394551
Cool, I don't think I'll be able to reach your level, ever in a million years. A lot of great scores I see on that board. 🔥
I have to admit that this T-spec GT-R is a lot more stable than the regular GT-R models we had in the game. The best thing I can do in this situation is to pay attention to the players speed for each exact turn and corner. And while watching my friends replays too. Learning and reading old posts from others are important factors in improving lap times for any challenge of the game.

@AerodyManiac would you like to send me a friend request too? If you don't mind.

Yup, I do this regularly. Also as you said after, if I'm "in the red" on a lap, I'll always try to do this to try and gain an extra kmh or two across the start line for most tracks where possible.

But I'll always sense check it with my exact speed across the line (or against another track marker such as the end of the exit kerb if the start finish line is far down the straight), as in some cases it makes no difference or actively makes you slower, despite taking the wider line and accelerating earlier, as you're accelerating from a much slower base speed.

Good tips though!
Agreed, it depends on the track and car as well due to the way terminal speeds work.

Fuji is a good example where it doesn't matter if you take a run up or take the corner correctly the passing speed across the line is near as damn it the same.

Another thing to consider is the extra braking you may need for a higher speed on approach may mitigate any gains.

Hope this helps someone.
View attachment 1394549View attachment 1394551
Nice time mate,

It's a car that you definitely got to know a bit before you can be fast with it, I took a different approach today, and instead of directly jump in the TT I took the GTR out on multiple tracks and got to know it a bit better, now we only have to wait and see if my next session has progress 🤣🤣🤣

Cool, I don't think I'll be able to reach your level, ever in a million years. A lot of great scores I see on that board. 🔥
I am sure you can reach my level, I am just a regular dude with all what life can throw on me and I am playing when I can. Just observe where you are losing time and study how you can get faster, is it braking point, is it turn in point, is it how much pressure you have on brake or gas, which gear you are using, practice practice practice and you will beat my time.
We all see you are improving already, keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Back