Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,952 comments
zjn
Some confirmation about tyre temp. It takes about one lap, at least for me, to get in the window.

View attachment 1396198

I actually didn't test what happens if one restarts. I guess it restarts from cold tyres, but cannot proof it with this.
Front left peaks are always related to the long right semi-circle turn.

@Tidgney, out of curiosity, if you are willing to share...
the telemetry of your record lap also starts from cold tyre temp. Is it really what you did, or it's another wrinkle of the telemetry shown by GT7 in replays?
From all the testing I've done after lap 3 the car becomes slower but it's weird (I think). So I think you get more slip on the colder tyres which allows the theoritcal lap to be quicker because Gran Turismo is very much the understeer simulator so you can get more rotation when they are colder. As they warm up you end up with more grip and in that situation it understeers more but has more grip on exit.

zjn
Some confirmation about tyre temp. It takes about one lap, at least for me, to get in the window.

View attachment 1396198

I actually didn't test what happens if one restarts. I guess it restarts from cold tyres, but cannot proof it with this.
Front left peaks are always related to the long right semi-circle turn.

@Tidgney, out of curiosity, if you are willing to share...
the telemetry of your record lap also starts from cold tyre temp. Is it really what you did, or it's another wrinkle of the telemetry shown by GT7 in replays?
Yeah I agree with your statement that it takes around a lap, sometimes 2, to get the tyres up to temperature. I have also found that after anywhere from 4-6 laps you start to lose performance due to your tyre temps getting too hot. Perhaps it is as @Tidgney says and you have more grip which results in more understeer.

For me I have found that RH tyres start to lose performance once they get over 90degC.
RM is around 85-88degC and RS is even less again at around 85degC.

Myself, I still find that I get my best performance on that first lap. I can run multiple laps in a stint to the point where I cannot keep up with the ghost anymore, will then restart and on cold tyres beat the ghost easily.

Another 45 minutes at St Croissant, another 4 tenths improvement, yay! :dopey:

1728772679151.png

This is much better than what I could have hoped for going into this TT, so normally I could happily move on ... if it weren't for the dangling carrot that is the optimal time which I am sure PD have implemented out of pure evilness. So look at this:

1728772831871.png

The funny thing is that my PB (see lap below) is actually faster than this optimal in every single sector except S5, which I blew completely (24.894). So if I do the math, it could have been a low 2:39.6xx. 😱

So yeah, I can't leave like that, can I?

@crome Wow, amazing time. I bet you won't come back to this one ever again. It's funny how most people refer to St Croix as St. Croissant because it's so twisty and confusing like a maze. I have to be extra careful when I'm far back from my TV not to hit the wall or run into the grass. I have to stand real close to it to see what I'm doing because I quit using the assists (driving line,braking area,etc).

@CosmicMinster welcome to the TT club, glad you could join us on this journey.

Wasn’t going to run this one, but gave it and go and the car is much better than I’d thought it was going to be.

Unfortunately I’ve done very little running at this track so no idea where I’m going. Should be a second plus in this as my braking points are all over the place and I’m still very tentative on the throttle in certain places. Time to watch some replays. :cheers:
1728795970114.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder how the aliens can even get through St Croix so fast. I know most of them have wheels and seat set-ups but there are controller users thar have set insane records too. I still think a big factor in how well a person does is dependent on their age and how many years of racing experience they've had.

Hi,

After many laps - many more than I usually manage - I have, somehow!!!, squeezed a 1:34:2xx out of that infernal GTR at Nurburgring. I have cajoled, caressed and cursed this hideous vehicle enough now. No more! My nerves and blood pressure can't take anymore.

IMHO that is the worst car / track combination we have had thus far. At 2.56%, I am hopeful that it will hold for gold.

@TheNormsk....

You are weird! :lol: :cheers:

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Morning folks,

Welcome to stuff up Sunday...
I did some laps around Croix and got to know my own Genesis Event Horizon a little bit better, I also got better in stuffing up the chicane after the bridge.....with a fastest split of .843 on the bridge, but did hit the wall on exit chicane after that 🙄🙄
Then could not glue is all together anymore just to many sectors to stuff up with a rocket spaceship, I still have a lot of problems on the throttle mid corner, I see somany tidy steady laps and when I look at mine I'm loosey goosey all the way 🤣

Did better my time in the end finding almost half a second, but a 39 is definitely possible if I have one clean lap 🤣🤣

@crome nice lap mate! And again very steady!, I tried running a few laps with TCS on this morning but had the feeling it was holding me back in every corner, but if I look at your lap it just doesn't seem to have any negative effect on exit speed 😁🤣🤣
Great job, I could not get to your time 🤪

1000026510.jpg

@crome nice lap mate! And again very steady!, I tried running a few laps with TCS on this morning but had the feeling it was holding me back in every corner, but if I look at your lap it just doesn't seem to have any negative effect on exit speed 😁🤣🤣
Great job, I could not get to your time 🤪

Thanks mate, really means a lot coming from you, I will cherish every minute I manage to stay in front of you 🤣

Regarding TCS, I guess it is holding me back a little bit, but the effect is more than offset by the increased stability, especially on such a long track. I mean these little slips you have at around 20 seconds into the lap and then again at 53 seconds probably cost more time than the combined penalty of TCS for every corner. And I would have a lot more of these slips than you if would go without TCS, so for me this is a worthy trade-off. 🤣

Back