TOCA Season 4.2 - DaxCobra, Paul Mack, VenoMMotorsports Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,050 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is, you don't post anything that is vaguely relevant or purposeful. And no, I'm not taking it personally, just find your comments, well, pointless.

Well the first one tonight I take back as its obviously more of an issue than I thought.

The other one explain to me how it is pointless when I just explained it?

You have seen me in this thread since before the season started. Why suddenly have an issue?

Last edited:
By all means have that attitude if you want the series to regress further than it already has. There is nothing enjoyable about people continuously ramming each other off the road. When I signed up, I too thought the moaning was over the top. But now, when there is at least 6/7 people who are unhappy... well ignoring it won't solve anything.

Yes but cluttering the thread with useless rants about one thing or another is pointless. :indiff:

If you've reported your incidents to Furi then they should be dealt with, if they aren't you have a right to be angry but ranting in the thread won't help.. 👍

Although, I've said this before and I'll say it again, put together a stewards panel Furi, that way the decisions aren't solely down to you and you won't get all the flack for them. 👍

EDIT: This wasn't all targeted at you Biffy, it's to everyone, just your comment fitted well. 👍

But now, when there is at least 6/7 people who are unhappy... well ignoring it won't solve anything.

As I said in my post I PM my problems to whoever is in charge not air my laundry in public.

If people are unhappy they should just go. I understand people get angry about cars not being equal, (some just rant cause their not winning) but tell me one thing in a multiple car series that is?

As I said in my post I PM my problems to whoever is in charge not air my laundry in public.

If people are unhappy they should just go. I understand people get angry about cars not being equal, (some just rant cause their not winning) but tell me one thing in a multiple car series that is?

the cars will never be equal, but they will excel at different tracks. name on track that the Mini has had a decent result at. name on track the mazda hasn't done well at.

gokartman78
the cars will never be equal, but they will excel at different tracks. name on track that the Mini has had a decent result at. name on track the mazda hasn't done well at.

And name one where the Volvo or mini has a chance of even keeping with the main pack..

I dread to think what the Volvo is like in the rain..

And name one where the Volvo or mini has a chance of even keeping with the main pack..

it did quite well tonight in the rain, fox almost got a podium by keeping slicks on in the rain. i forgot the volvo as well. So that leaves 3 cars 'even'. The infiniti, the Honda and the VW. one of which is to fast. even one if it's drivers says it's to fast. It's meant to be touring cars, a few tenths apart, not F1 where we have a red bull round the bends, a mercedes down the straight, then a HRT that doesnt have 7th gear.

I was 6th in the rain last week Matt!!
And tried to go round Le Sarthe in the rain today. Had nothing to loose really

Enough of the bickering, what is the future of TOCA?

Think everyone needs this weeks break thats coming up.

We all need a cool off and get some perspective in all of this.

FAR TOO MANY "HOT HEADS" IN TOCA

Well the first 1 tonight I take back as its obviously more of an issue than I thought.

The other one explain to me how it is pointless when I just explained it.

You have seen me in this thread since before the season started. Why suddenly have an issue?

I'm not suddenly taking an issue, I've seen a number of comments from you throughout the forum that just fit the definition of a Troll. You also only seem to come out posting when people are arguing or ranting. You don't seek to calm anyone down, rather bait people instead.

Yes but cluttering the thread with useless rants about one thing or another is pointless. :indiff:

If you've reported your incidents to Furi then they should be dealt with, if they aren't you have a right to be angry but ranting in the thread won't help.. 👍

Although, I've said this before and I'll say it again, put together a stewards panel Furi, that way the decisions aren't solely down to you and you won't get all the flack for them. 👍

EDIT: This wasn't all targeted at you Biffy, it's to everyone, just your comment fitted well. 👍

I can understand your comment somewhat, and I'm sorry as this is always something I encourage people to do myself, and is what people should do. But this is less a rant, more a 'waking-up call' to people in the series that the dirty driving has got to stop, because it obviously isn't working via PM's, or anything else for that matter. I don't have a care in the world for the VW, it is overpowered somewhat, but the irrespectful driving is the most concerning thing in this series right now. And I see you used me as an example, but how often have I posted in this thread? and how often have I ranted in it? You can't take everything to PM.

I can understand your comment somewhat, and I'm sorry as this is always something I encourage people to do myself, and is what people should do. But this is less a rant, more a 'waking-up call' to people in the series that the dirty driving has got to stop, because it obviously isn't working via PM's, or anything else for that matter. I don't have a care in the world for the VW, it is overpowered somewhat, but the irrespectful driving is the most concerning thing in this series right now.

I 100% agree, which is why I think Furi needs a panel of, what, 4-5 stewards, who can help him to dish out the penalties etc. 👍

Also by penalties I mean proper penalties: 20-30 seconds for taking someone out an DSQ for sustained dirty driving.

EDIT: I didn't mean your post was an example of what I was saying. I meant it fits in with my whole stewards panel, PM thing. :)

I 100% agree, which is why I think Furi needs a panel of, what, 4-5 stewards, who can help him to dish out the penalties etc. 👍

Interestingly enough, there was a stewards panel at Season 3, and one was all prepped up for 4.1 as well...

irrespectful driving is the most concerning thing in this series right now.

You can't take everything to PM.

There are a lot of Glory Boys in TOCA who will do anything to get to the front and I have raised it with Furi.

You can and MUST take it to PM otherwise you just look like a moaning tosser who everyone just ignores in the end.

Have your say ,but have respect too.

Just a couple of my suggestions:

- Bring back 4.1 specs, possibly ditching the Honda if it's unable to get to pace. Who says 3 cars wouldn't be enough?

- Change to sports tires for a better challenge (along with tire wear).

- Reduce the number of tracks with tons of long straights. The fact that Monza and Le Mans have weather changes doesn't make them really superior to tougher venues like Autumn Ring or Laguna Seca in TOCA racing.

- Bring back a stewards panel with more power. Allow stewards to veto if they have a good, valid reason to oppose a decision.

Atleast my "moaning" (Facts) came to light on the VW which annoyed alot of people tonight, including me when an incident between Furi and GoKart allowed me to catch the draft I too couldnt pass and Furi won despite braking mid corner in porsche. :crazy:

Anyway for the most part I only got punted on lap 1 or 2 by whoever it was but on my map I did witness alot of cars going off from the pack behind in race 1.

Race 2 start was ok expect getting sandwiched between 2 hondas then I observed DK just fly into the first Chicane and plow poor Gokart. DK continued to do this every next chicane to Neljack too.

Then at the end Mulsanne I got lag bumped or punted which caused me to go sideways into Nel and Dax, maybe more :(. The rain came on strong and pitted for inters from then on there it was just driving on my own until we managed to pass FlyingFox on hards braving it out.

Overall wasnt much different to most rounds where im constantly getting punted or pushed off and then having to fight back through the pack :ouch:.

Maybe we could try fixed sports or semi-racing suspension? It may even out the cars in the corners.

The big problem with La Sarthe is that it gets so damn narrow sometimes. 150mph/240km/h+ is just madness on a 2-lane road, especially when you're in a pack. :scared:

I'm not suddenly taking an issue, I've seen a number of comments from you throughout the forum that just fit the definition of a Troll. You also only seem to come out posting when people are arguing or ranting. You don't seek to calm anyone down, rather bait people instead.

Really.

One comment and you hate me.

If I am a troll explain. I post in other areas not just this forum and mods do notice me alot as I talk to them in threads etc and yet my warning status is 0, infractions 0, and actually a lot of other people on GTP actually like me? Oh and I do post similar jokes in replies to mods too. They are fine with it.

Why did you not tell me you did not like me before you got angry because of some unfair race?

Or are you just out to make me look bad?

Anyway since its everyone else flame haitch time I will go. (Well actually its just you and Dax said one comment he thought was meaningless which I explained to him no one else actually is flaming me)

Last edited:
TOCA Season 4.2 and TOCA indefinetly postponed. Thank you all for your support but TOCA has been attracting a bad image sadly. TOCA will cease to exist for now, but Furi will not be done with touring cars...

Goodnight all, thank you for your support.

Just a couple of my suggestions:

- Bring back 4.1 specs, possibly ditching the Honda if it's unable to get to pace. Who says 3 cars wouldn't be enough?

- Change to sports tires for a better challenge (along with tire wear).

- Reduce the number of tracks with tons of long straights. The fact that Monza and Le Mans have weather changes doesn't make them really superior to tougher venues like Autumn Ring or Laguna Seca in TOCA racing.

- Bring back a stewards panel with more power. Allow stewards to veto if they have a good, valid reason to oppose a decision.

Better put this in this page as well so no one forgets about it...

DK
Maybe we could try fixed sports or semi-racing suspension? It may even out the cars in the corners.

Thanks for another idea, though whenever I want suspension tuning to go, there's a little bit of gap decreasing involved in my thoughts...

Still haven't made a proper TOCA event grid.. :(

I'm still to start my rookie season..

TOCA's not dead. But clearly somethings wrong. On the surface we have 16-car grids, epic racing and amazing competition. But also a dirtier part that has come a little too true. This isn;t goodbye, this is a hiatus.

Still haven't made a proper TOCA event grid.. :(

I'm still to start my rookie season..

Looks like that won't be happening for a while, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back