TOCA Season 4.2 - DaxCobra, Paul Mack, VenoMMotorsports Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,050 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOCA's not dead. But clearly somethings wrong. On the surface we have 16-car grids, epic racing and amazing competition. But also a dirtier part that has come a little too true. This isn;t goodbye, this is a hiatus.

Please, Furi. I beg of you, read my improvement list and try resurrecting the old concept which really looked perfect, and was only killed by PD's glitch in the end.

Personally I really want to make a comeback not only because my future in NASCAR is looking unsure - Nationwide is dying and Sprint Cup's timeslot doesn't fit as I seem to tire a lot easily than before - but also because I want to see TOCA at its best again, with a clean, close grid with no dominative cars :(

Furi you need to look at what made toca good in the last 3 season then replicate it with slightly different cars, specs and tracks

Hey. We will be back. No Aero, good move, no LSD, good move, but cars need a bit of work on. Longer races seemed ok... maybe heavy damage?

Hey. We will be back. No Aero, good move, no LSD, good move, but cars need a bit of work on. Longer races seemed ok... maybe heavy damage?

I don't think that would work, the amount of contact that goes on would make it a silly idea.

No heavy damage, it'll only make it easy for the aggressive kind.

And yes, the high speed tracks are a problem, basically you win if you're able to hang in the draft, which isn't hard at all even with weak draft. We need more Laguna's and less Monza's, trust me, it'll work out. Also at slower speeds, accidents might not be as common as when the cars are blitzing at 250kmh or so.

Heavy damage a big big big no no :P

Either way, something is needed. 8 race format, good. 3 races per night, good.

Fuel use and tyre wear, still off, otherwise FWD and RWD are too tricky to balance.

Either way, something is needed. 8 race format, good. 3 races per night, good.

Fuel use and tyre wear, still off, otherwise FWD and RWD are too tricky to balance.

Alternatively, you could go down the "hardcore" route and have no ABS, Fuel and Tyre Wear on etc..

What I hated about Laguna Seca was the gravel traps. They're like quicksand, and they instantly screw up your race.

How about racing at custom-made Eifel tracks? Perhaps you could re-brand TOCA as the "Eifel Touring Car Championship"?

johnboy1112
Really more grip blimey cant see thats an issue.:crazy:

Drive the Volvo with no LSD and you'll see what I mean..

Im sorry to say if there is another Toca I will steer clear. My experinces in pretty much every race ive done here with the occasional good one have been just awful.

I do wish you best of luck with any future series Furi but do make sure next time the cars are actualy equal.

These TOCA cars are good, I want to keep some or at least most of them.

just drop the slow cars and you have a really good field. Maybe use the golf instead of the sirocco and you have a brilliant grid. also a re-think of the tracks. Le mans was a bit to long and to many straights. Cape ring was great, autumn ring was good, monza was a few to many straights as well. Like DK said, include some eifel ring tracks, add variety and some tracks that are more like the tracks they use in real life.

Argh No please...

But remember what happened at Tsukuba last time... Although it was due to a couple of rotten apples in the field, I think Tsukuba wouldn't work if the drivers are as dirty as they have appeared to be this season, according to various comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back