TOCA Season 5 / Spurgy, Joe, DBC, Volvo, Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,321 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does your teamname, RPM stand for, Furi?

Is it Richard Petty Motorsports or something.

What does your teamname, RPM stand for, Furi?

Is it Richard Petty Motorsports or something.

No but the fact RPM is Richard Petty Motorsports made me pick it :lol:

Mics will be on the test, there I will explain how stewards are going to be selected so make sure your there at 7pm UK time.

Sign me up
NizmoDr3 - Independent
Jormo Garage
Nissan Skyline 350GT

This is gonna be interesting ...

Am I too late to join the party?

Sign me up
NizmoDr3 - Independent
Jormo Garage
Nissan Skyline 350GT

This is gonna be interesting ...

Entry07.png

Entries for now are full. Sorry guys, but i'll take note of your interest in case slots open up.

No ones droped out yet then??

Nope. Last season we have 18 entries - 16 full time +2 reserve. Usually 1 or two drop out in the first week or so and that allows people to join back on the reserve list.

Furinkazen
Nope. Last season we have 18 entries - 16 full time +2 reserve. Usually 1 or two drop out in the first week or so and that allows people to join back on the reserve list.

Got room for me tonight in lobby?

Room will be up approx 7. I am aware that some of you are quailfying for Tom's Indy 500.

Room will be up approx 7. I am aware that some of you are quailfying for Tom's Indy 500.

Qualifying doesn't begin until midnight tonight. The room for The Fight Before The 500 is up from 10:30pm, with qualifying beginning at 11pm.

I gave the Mazda a go round the Nurb 24H track with the track surface water at 100% and it raining hard. I had full wets on the car and did a time of 10 minutes and 10 seconds. The speed you take the corners isn't much different from the dry really (only about 20mph less). The main challenge is the braking.

Qualifying doesn't begin until midnight tonight. The room for The Fight Before The 500 is up from 10:30pm, with qualifying beginning at 11pm.

I gave the Mazda a go round the Nurb 24H track with the track surface water at 100% and it raining hard. I had full wets on the car and did a time of 10 minutes and 10 seconds. The speed you take the corners isn't much different from the dry really (only about 20mph less). The main challenge is the braking.

Thats nearly as quick as me in the Ford Mk IV in 50% wet....

Thats nearly as quick as me in the Ford Mk IV in 50% wet....

The WSC cars get a lot of wheelspin due to their power and being RWD. The mazda only really spins it's wheels in the wet in 1st gear in a straight line, and 1st and 2nd if youre turning.

EDIT: Ok, it spins them in 1st and 2nd in a straight line.

Last edited:
At least i'm not in a GT40 :scared: :scared: But thats the WSC. TOCA in the wet... Volvo showed potential as a wet car last season.

In anything RWD you just have to ride the brake all the way round the Karussell online. One of the biggest flaws in GT5's online physics.

In anything RWD you just have to ride the brake all the way round the Karussell online. One of the biggest flaws in GT5's online physics.

Flaw!! what do you mean about riding the brake. ive missed something.

Flaw!! what do you mean about riding the brake. ive missed something.

The Karussell in GT5 online is ridiculously slippy, therefore if you hold a bit of brake through the corner it forces the car into understeer (at least with a front heavy brake bias) therefore preventing the car from spinning.

When I say hold I mean just keep dabbing it every time you feel the car getting out of shape. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back