• Thread starter MistaX
  • 149 comments

MistaX

Deus Rex
Premium
United States
North Jersey
MistaX1
It was raining. Let me get that out of the way now.

I was heading to work, and I take my usual route. I cross the set of 2 train tracks to find "ROAD CLOSED" blockades across the road, and a police car behind them.

So I back up a bit, and start making a U-Turn on the tracks (There's those metal or rubber things that make the tracks form into a road)
I spin out on those things, the car heads straight into a little ditch, and the front bumper hits the set of railroad tracks there. The airbags deploy. I shut it off and jump out yelling words I can't post here.

I run over to the cop by the blockade, he calls for backup and calls for any trains coming to stop (The back of the car is over the set of tracks that make up the bit of road, the front of the car is on the other set)

2 or 3 minutes later, a train comes barrelling toward my car, on that bit of track that's crossing the road.

Needless to say, I no longer have a car.

Pictures to come tomorrow, when I pay my last respects.

Damn...:( That's pretty unlucky, does insurance cover that sort of thing? :\

Gah... Still man, just BE HAPPY you're alive, and the people on that train didnt die.... That would have been the worst day in a lot of peoples lives.

Even moreso your own. :\

Good luck on getting a new car though.

DODGE the VIPER
Damn...:( That's pretty unlucky, does insurance cover that sort of thing? :\

Insurance isn't even going to hear about what happend. I don't have collision.

The car is just totalled, no claim.

It was a 1997 Camaro Z28.

There it is in one peice. :(

I wasn't mad... I was crying.

yea man I nearlly cried when I pranged my car and it wasnt even a write off. Such a waste of a fine car.

While you dont have a car if you have to use public transport, make sure it isnt a train...

Wow, that truely sucks MistaX. And you just got the car a couple months ago, right?

Surely Punk will lay off any jokes now.

*McLaren*
Wow, that truely sucks MistaX. And you just got the car a couple months ago, right?

Surely Punk will lay off any jokes now.

Got it in September. 9/24/05-6/9/2006

I had to look at my first insurance card to get that date.

Oh man, that really is a pity, it sucks that you can't even get anything from insurance for it.

I wonder if collision cover would have covered being hit by a train anyway.

Man, that's one hell of a way to write off a car! :eek: 9/10 for drama! I got a 1/10 for the one car I wrote off: a cheap heap Morris Marina which got rear ended and punted gently into the car in front - 2 dents and it was a write off :lol: (I hated that car).

But yours? Ouch!! Good luck replacing it.

I've been there three times, I've totalled 3 cars that meant a great deal to me. So I know exactly how you feel...times 3. Two of which weren't my fault like this one and it hurts the worst when you couldn't of done anything to prevent it.

If it makes you feel better I cried when I lost both my '89 Daytona and '95 Maxima that I loved them both so dearly. The brakes failed on the Maxima and I rear ended a Suburban--they weren't moving. And in the '89 Daytona I was going 60mph (the speed limit) on SH121 and a Ford F350 hit me head on going approximately 55mph. I was lucky to be alive, and that's how you should see it. You will get over this and move on if you loved this car dearly, you'll always have a soft spot for that car. Take my advice and take a piece of the car off before it gets sent to the wrecking yard. I have a piece of all 3 of the cars of mine that were totalled. Think of it as a momento.

Sorry to hear john :(

But like Jay im happy everyone is ok.
Sounds like you didnt do anything wrong, just got caught up in some pretty unique circumstances and chain of events :(. Not much you can do about it.

My god, that must mega suck. Are you sure there's no insurance cover for it? How bad is the camaro?

Jon.
How bad is the camaro?
It got hit by a train!!! Come one Jon you must have seen teh state of some of the cars that get hit on the news.

A major case of sucks-to-be-you. I know we took the piss out of you for having that car but it was all in good taste, I think.

No race with Fred now :(

Ah well, hope you can pick yourself up from this and get yourself a new car.

Wow John, sorry about that. I guess trains are harder than houses :guilty:

I feel your pain. I had a '69 Mustang Mach 1 with the 428 Cobra Jet engine which was parked on a hill and some dummy rear-ended it at about 3mph and just rolled all the way down the hill and off a cliff.

I'm sure you'll get over it eventually and get a better car sooner rather than later. But you're permitted to mourn your loss.

Back