Toyota 2000GTs --> Ferrari 250 GTO

• Thread starter Amblo2u
  • 102 comments
If you're at the My Home screen on your PS3 in GT5, you can click 'Community' and then select my Amblo2u avatar, then click the little camera on the left and see the 8 pictures I currently have set to 'Share.' There are three kickass teaser shots that kind of show the level of balance and performance this replica exudes. :-)

Never too old to learn :lol:

Starting up now....checking in a minute.

I see a little red butt, would almost say it is a drifter....what a smoke :D

Last edited:
It's NOT tuned for drift, but because it's balanced F/R 52/48, it's extremely easy to hold stable with a bit of throttle modulation. It's running on Comfort Mediums ('64 didn't have super 'soft' street tires) and the suspension is firmed up a bit with a little lean towards oversteer. I run it with 0 ABS and 0 TCS and 0 everything else, as that's the way it's meant to be driven, so I suggest you guys do the same as it's a ton of fun.

CircuitodeMadrid_1.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid.jpg

Last edited:
Amblo2u
If you're at the My Home screen on your PS3 in GT5, you can click 'Community' and then select my Amblo2u avatar, then click the little camera on the left and see the 8 pictures I currently have set to 'Share.' There are three kickass teaser shots that kind of show the level of balance and performance this replica exudes. :-)

Ohhhhh! And you can access this remotely too. Google gt5 login and it should be there

CircuitodeMadrid_2.jpg

Roman Daily News
Police Report: 23.9.12 - 7:23am
"Rome, Italia; What appears to be a classic Ferrari has been spotted by Speed Cameras multiple times driving at excessive speed and in a wreck-less manner. The red 60's sports car was first caught at the intersection of Via Germanico and Via Ottaviano, just in front of Castroni Ottaviano.

Onlookers who witnessed the daring driving from outside the cafe, said "a man screamed like a banshee as he feathered the individual throttle bodies of the sexiest car" he's ever seen.

A visibly shaken woman who was nearby said, "his eyes were like a lion's," and the noise of the engine and the banshee howl left her "weak in the knees" as her skirt was tossed aloft by the cars high speed draft.

fh06_003514.jpg

Authorities are still attempting to identify the man, but speculation states that he may be American and have little-to-no respect for European traffic laws.

We'll just have to see how this mans driving behavior influences Italian women. Polizi Chief says, "We cannot allow this level of sexiness to continue here in Rome."

Well, good thing testing is over with and we're out of Rome. :-P You're cars will be delivered as the OP now states. Next project has begun it's initial phases. You guys are all on the first come first serve list and I'll be posting

Last edited:
Yes, you can. I'll need your car ASAP though as this build window is closing rapidly as the next project begins to take priority...

Yes, I understand ... but I can only send the car on Sunday morning.
Hope it's not to late?
Thanks for your understanding.
👍

I'd like to get my hands on one of these.
I'll have to add you and send over a 2000GT this evening.

If you guys wouldn't mind, I'd love your feedback on the cars as they're delivered. Thanks!

Those of you who still need to get me their donors, try and get them to me as soon as you can; preferably by Sunday. Thanks again!

Amblo2u
If you guys wouldn't mind, I'd love your feedback on the cars as they're delivered. Thanks!

Those of you who still need to get me their donors, try and get them to me as soon as you can; preferably by Sunday. Thanks again!

I can't wait to try it! I'll hack the game to force it to allow us to race the Ferrari race.

And I'm looking forward to the cruise. Hope I can make it

Thanks for my replica just raced her round Rome great job you done looking forward to your next project already.

rizlaman56
Thanks for my replica just raced her round Rome great job you done looking forward to your next project already.

Thanks rizlaman56! I'm happy you're digging the replica setup! I'm already stoked about the next project as well! I'm playing with gear ratios to get the Mercedes 7-speed DCT to perform like the 5-speed BRABUS...it's taken a ton of calculations so far, but I'll dial it in before the first one's scheduled to be delivered next week. :-)

Amblo2u
Thanks rizlaman56! I'm happy you're digging the replica setup! I'm already stoked about the next project as well! I'm playing with gear ratios to get the Mercedes 7-speed DCT to perform like the 5-speed BRABUS...it's taken a ton of calculations so far, but I'll dial it in before the first one's scheduled to be delivered next week. :-)

Gear ratios are tricky, I setup the miura to spec but the speed has to be at like 260 lol which is way off. It's like a 4 speed now :(

Gear ratios are tricky, I setup the miura to spec but the speed has to be at like 260 lol which is way off. It's like a 4 speed now :(

I've found if I adjust the Final Drive first, then the top speed preset, it changes the available gear ratios for each gear. If you're doing this, I'm sure you can find a setting that allows the proper gears to be picked in each individual gear. Ofcourse, I may just be preaching to the choir. :)

Sir, you're 250 GTO Replica has been delivered.:sly:

Feedback as promised mate:tup:

Went to my garage and did a bit of an inspection of the machine, looks fantastic by the way:) Jumped in and started the engine and took it out for a cruise around the 'ring. Doing some normal driving at first before opening up the throttle a bit, did notice a little oversteer but easily controlable.
From there went to the seasonals for a bit of racing, chose the 500pp Classic Car - Rome City Course (one of my fav tracks) and started was so impressed with the speed of the car from start then the cornering was awesome made my feeble drifting skills look like a pro, won the race very comfortably in the end by 16secs from the Ginette G4 with a fastest lap of 1:24.1.

So my feedback is totally positive buddy, great car looks and handling both fantastic, pleasure to drive and I'll be running a few miles up in this beauty re-doing the 500pp Classic Car seasonal:dopey:

Thanks again mate, looking forward to the Brabus Black Arrow when I can get my hands on it:D

Back