Toyota 86 in GT5 video

• Thread starter MockngBrd
  • 59 comments
I'd rather see something that isn't Japanese, but I can make an exception, it looks really good, and I'm sure it goes like snot.

If it is a DLC, it would be nice to include the FT-86 II concept in there. Since they did take the time to make a video for it. >_>

Nice. Too heavy though, probebly about 1200kg, 200kg more than i wanted :grumpy:

Can't be too picky. Besides, 1200kg is nothing compared to most cars these days. Hell it weighs less than my car. (Chevy Cobalt Sedan base model = 1247kg)

New photomode locations?

Nope, it's actually the RedBull Hanger. If you let the menu video load up, you might be lucky enough to catch this video showing the same location with the plane and all, only instead of unloading an FT-86, they unload an X2010. However, I think it only plays if you've beaten the Sebastian Vettel Challenge, but I'm not certain.

The video on the news page shows the Toyota GT-86, but on the official GT5 website, the same video is posted, but it shows the car badged as a Scion with an Fr-S license plate instead of an 86 license plate. Interesting..

The video on the news page shows the Toyota GT-86, but on the official GT5 website, the same video is posted, but it shows the car badged as a Scion with an Fr-S license plate instead of an 86 license plate. Interesting..

Well, in reality, North America will get the FT-86 badged as a Scion Fr-S. So maybe PD, just like the real manufacturer, will send North America a Scion whilst Europe and Asia get the Toyota version. That'd be kinda cool. :D

Well, in reality, North America will get the FT-86 badged as a Scion Fr-S. So maybe PD, just like the real manufacturer, will send North America a Scion whilst Europe and Asia get the Toyota version. That'd be kinda cool. :D

I can see the outrage already... :crazy:

I can see the outrage already... :crazy:

They're the exact same car, just a different badge. I don't see anything bothersome about that really. Maybe hardcore GT fans will not like that, but I find it amusing.

By the way it weighs 1180kg, not 1200 which I think is an impressive figure for a modern car which does not rely on exotic lightweight meterials and its not exactly a stripped out track day machine!!! Can't wait to drive it along with its Subaru BRZ cousin in GT5/6 :D

fDKG0.png

Man I would LOVE if ALL city tracks had the barriers removed.

Awesome! :drool: But didn't we see the FT-86 Concept II in a GT5 video a while back and nothing as of yet has been mentioned officially about it? Hopefully this time they'll keep us posted and release it.

Awesome! :drool: But didn't we see the FT-86 Concept II in a GT5 video a while back and nothing as of yet has been mentioned officially about it? Hopefully this time they'll keep us posted and release it.
Well Scion tweeted this
The #ScionFRS will be available as downloadable content in the new #GT5 game! #PS3 #Playstation3

https://twitter.com/#!/scion/status/142096321548009473

So it sounds like it is coming at some point

I have fallen in love with this car.

Actually I don`t like japanese cars because most japanese brands have become to boring and rational, producing ugly family cars without any inovations. But I always liked their approach, they don`t pretend to be superior to other like f.e. Mercedes Benz (eventhough Daimler made some of the worst cars in history in the last 15 years - this is coming from a die hard Merc lover!).

The GT86 looks lovely, for sure it sounds great too! By the time it gets released in europe, im finished with studiying... maybe Im buy one of these beauties!

Are there big difference between the GT86 and BRZ?

For people who wants the song,

According to Yamauchi-san, Polyphony made the song but didn't make a title yet. Who's up for a song naming competition?

On-topic, this will be great for tuners in GTP. Adding a white paint and carbon fiber hood make the car even better!

Back