Toyota Supra (A90)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 2,733 comments
If you can prove you can comfortably afford it & get approved beforehand, you can realistically test drive just about anything. What I'm hearing from those within' the USA HQ is that most of the first year's production already has deposits placed.

If you can prove you can comfortably afford it & get approved beforehand, you can realistically test drive just about anything. What I'm hearing from those within' the USA HQ is that most of the first year's production already has deposits placed.
^This. I remember when the WRX was making USA debut. Dealerships were wanting 17k deposits. No doubt to weed out kids, but made a damn good yearly wage.

Edit;

Old news, but interesting

https://www.goauto.com.au/future-mo...unes-supra-in-australia/2018-12-19/76982.html

According to Toyota, Australian road surfaces replicate approximately 80 per cent of the world’s roads.

The Japanese car-maker’s engineers have taken the new sportscar to areas where they feel owners will enjoy driving the Supra, such as twisting mountain passes, sweeping country roads and the iconic Great Ocean Road in Victoria’s south west.

Toyota Australia VED group leader Paul Diamandis said the locations were chosen based on data from prospective Supra buyers.

“We’ve taken the Supra prototype across a variety of conditions including popular touring destinations because almost half the people we expect to buy a Supra list their number one hobby as holidays and travel,” he said.
Love this one. :lol:
Mr Tada said that maintaining body control on rough roads would be important for the success of the Supra, and testing in Australia allows Toyota to do that.

“We know your drivers tend to favour strong levels of body control and steering feel, particularly for your undulating road surfaces,” he said.

“It’s vital the driver feels confident during rough-road cornering and that the car is very stable under braking. Speedo accuracy is also very important.

Last edited:
I will never purchase a car without driving it first, don't care what it is.

Do you mean like... never driving at least an example of the car? Or never driving the specific one you're buying?

I've sold a car to someone who refused to drive it (although I drove him around in it). I could see buying a car without ever having driven it. It's scary if the money is big though.

I've only ever bought one car (used, obvs) without driving it first and it turned out to be a big mistake, so I'm never doing that again.

I did sell one of my old cars to a guy who didn't test drive it himself and was happy for me to just drive him around in it though. He seemed happy enough, so I guess it works for some people.
Just drive the new Z4 when it comes out and keep the roof on.
Some of my colleagues have driven each (production Z4 and prototype Supra) and apparently they feel quite different (with the Toyota being better).

It is perfectly possible to test drive the new Supra. I got an email from Toyota Belgium saying that I can test drive the new Supra. I hope that the doubters see that they are wrong and I was right.

Beste Meneer Chris,

Dank u voor de beste wensen en uw trouw aan ons merk.
Kan u ons zeggen van welke regio u bent?
U kan eventueel zelf naar een erkend Toyota verkooppunt (lijst op www.toyota.be) gaan en melden dat u geïnteresseerd bent om deze wagen te testen zodra deze beschikbaar is.
Zijn kunnen dan eventueel iets organiseren met ons testcenter indien ze er zelf niet over beschikken.
Alvast bedankt voor uw medewerking.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

BERLINDE ROGGEMAN
CUSTOMER RELATIONS

TOYOTA BELGIUM & LUXEMBOURG
Leuvensesteenweg 369, 1932 Zaventem, Belgium
T 0800 999 55
In Dutch but Dutch speaking GTP members can acknowledge that I'm right.

;)

It is perfectly possible to test drive the new Supra. I got an email from Toyota Belgium saying that I can test drive the new Supra. I hope that the doubters see that they are wrong and I was right.

In Dutch but Dutch speaking GTP members can acknowledge that I'm right.

;)
Must be low demand in your country then.

Must be low demand in your country then.
No idea what the reason is but I was pretty sure (I was only 95% sure after reading certain posts. They made me doubt a little bit though) it was possible the test drive the new Supra without having to place a deposit or whatever.

EDIT: According to Toyota Belgium, all Supras are reserved.

Last edited:
Another mail from the local Toyota dealer. I'll have to wait until September for a test drive.

Dag Chris,

We zullen de nieuwe Supra in onze showroom binnenkrijgen, want er zijn maar een beperkt aantal Supra's voorzien.
Als de wagen er is gaan we terug contact opnemen, maar dit zal waarschijnlijk september zijn.

Hoe we de proefrit kunnen organiseren moeten we dan even bekijken.

Alvast dank voor uw interesse,

Marco Ulenaers
Algemeen Verantwoordelijke

GARAGE COOLS MOL BVBA
Turnhoutsebaan 153 - 2400 Mol

Last edited:
47583126_355316408383055_3775094385261207250_n.jpg

Well first looks, the blue tarp for those who miss it.

The car looks great, should look even better with a proper livery on it. It's also kind of funny how all 3 brands went away from using their iconic models only to go back.

GT-R > 350Z > GT-R (granted the Z is iconic in it's own right)
NSX > HSV > NSX
Supra > A couple different Lexus' > Supra

Back