Track Creator Racing - ALL WELCOME!

• Thread starter imalexi
  • 2,608 comments
Thanks for the racing guys, was mega. Super close racing between Mclaren Merc SLR/ Viper ACR/ BMW M5/ Mercedes SLS.
A big 👍 to you guys Alexi-Joylord-Rutter-Pasm-Neenor and some others I forget now.

If you're bored of the same old tracks and fancy a new challenge, you've come to the right place.

TCR is run by GTP_alexi and GTP_Joylord and we've been busy creating fun and challenging 3 sector tracks that are easy to learn.
We've started using them for online racing and the overall response has been very positive, so think we ought to share this with more fellow GTPers.

Here's how it works.
TCR will decide on a track(s), car(s), PP and Tyre combo which will be posted on the bottom of this first post. Everyone has to use this track and car combo, but if it's not
your cup of tea, don't worry because we'll change this combo every week or 2 weeks.
During that period we may have a couple of tracks that have been specially created for the Car(s),PP and Tyre combo.
If you have added us as a friend, tracks will be available for download in advance for some practice. You'll find these in the community section on GT5 under the track icon.

Racing Times
Well, these aren't guaranteed, but if you feel like joining, here's a rough weekly timetable. Feel free to join anytime.

Monday: COMBO & TRACK TESTING GMT Times TBA

Tuesday: COMBO & TRACK TESTING GMT Times TBA

Wednesday: COMBO & TRACK TESTING GMT Times TBA

Thursday: Room number will be posted for relevent combo GMT / RACING

Friday: Room number will be posted for relevent combo GMT / RACING

Saturday: Room number will be posted for relevent combo GMT / RACING

Sunday: Room number will be posted for relevent combo GMT / RACING

When we've opened a lounge, we'll post the Room Number next to the relevant Car Combo.
You can also, send us a friend request and join direct.
All levels are welcome, so don't be shy!

Add us as friends
GTP_alexi
GTP_Joylord

Or PM us if you have any questions.
Looking forward to seeing you guys on the track!

I just wanted to do a little update hope that's ok.

Thanks

Jonathan

Lord of joy and Alexiiii....you guys are brilliant!!

Please Logitech,send me my new wheel soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

spy.

We have missed you Spy and with all that experience from the academy you probably have wheels instead of legs. You did well.

Mark if you need a bit of help to get back to online racing, I'll sponser you a tenner if needed for your wheel.

Last edited:
That was some awesome racing this weekend! I don't know how, but somehow, Alex en Jon, you always build a track that's even better than the one before :D Thanks again and also to all the drivers, you know who you are ;)

Thanks for opening a lounge Ren-Tec.

I doubt I'll be able to make it tonight, as I've already been on doing some testing with Jon.

We've got the car sorted, but we'll be testing some new tracks as from tomorrow. This will be in a private room, so send a friend request to join.

If people would like to see if their own track makes the grade, come along and we'll give it a go. They must be only 3 sectors long and with a lap time of around 1min 10sec - 1min 30sec. Only bring your best one, otherwise we'll be there all night.

Oh, and the car is the Evo RM at 540PP using Racing Hard tyres.

👍

Tig's Evo RM set up thus far. For a 1'44.9

Sports ECU
Stage 1 engine tune
all intake and exhaust upgrages.
NO TURBO

Downforce. 15F 16R
Transmission 250km/h
6th gear 0.858
ride height 0F -4R
springs 8.0F 6.8R
6 6
6 6
5 5

camber 1.0F 0.8R
toe 0.10 0.00

edit: 1:44.408
This is around Ren_tecs track

Last edited:
We were going to use the Alfa Giulia TZ2 but as not everybody has the car and it's a million credit car:( we'll save it for another day. So a little quick off the mark with the Lancer Evo RM which is a lovely car with loads of grip,....and it looks like Mike may have already worked on a setup which he might share so people that just want to turn on and be competitive can have a setup, maybe we can get a setup from Mike (hint-hint):) but I'm sure he won't share all his secrets.

Anyways I have shared Fins GT Raceway (feedback most welcome) which I will bring to the table for now..... as it is early days can't say we will use it but I like it. It's quite a long high speed circuit but with you ladies and gents I'm sure you'll break into the 1:30's easly with the Evo.

Like Alexi said if you feel that you have a 3 sector track that has potential try join us in our lounge or PM/FR so we can give it a run and see what's out there. I'll be online most days from around 17:00 GMT and Alexi will do the late shift which I think is around 21:00 GMT but I stand to be corrected.

Also can I ask you ladies and gents to start keeping an eye out for RUF cars.

Thanks

Edit: Thanks Sam for sharing your setup just saw it.👍

Note you will want to stick to Sam's engine mods. As strange as it may seem I was running stage three engine, exhaust mods and a chip which gave 401bhp and 52.6ft but could not no more than a 45.3 no matter how hard I tried.
Finally gave in and tuned a New Evo up to the same as Sam's Which gives 397bhp/ 52.8ft and straight away I hit a 44.4.

Even the engine map is the same, so how can 0.2ft make such a difference????

Anyway try Sam's setup, its spot on, 👍

I'll try to make it tonight, I assume I should send the friend request to Alexi?

I may have to delete someone first, so send me a message before you add me as a friend. Jon will probably open a room early, which I will join as soon as I can. So you may want to add him too.

I'll be around tonight, look forward to some testing, I also have a couple of new tracks to try if we have time.

By the way, this week, testing cars cost me a fortune! So, I downloaded the widget for the b-spec grinder. If you see an invite from my other account (Neenor) then accept and i'll start to use your bobs to get some money for all this expensive testing!!

Feel free to invite Neenor (not GTP_Neenor) to your psn friends for free cash!

Chris

Edit, Alexi your friends list is full so purge some peeps and invite my other account - Neenor

I'll be around tonight, look forward to some testing, I also have a couple of new tracks to try if we have time.

By the way, this week, testing cars cost me a fortune! So, I downloaded the widget for the b-spec grinder. If you see an invite from my other account (Neenor) then accept and i'll start to use your bobs to get some money for all this expensive testing!!

Chris

Edit, Alexi your friends list is full so purge some peeps and invite my other account - Neenor

Tell me about it, my cash is running out too so I'll add you later.
We'll make the next couple of events a single car race, so you'll only have to buy one car if you haven't got it already.

PlayStation Network will undergo routine maintenance today, between 16:00 BST and 00:00 BST. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00.

Aaah so it s seems, what ever they wanted to do they have finished already.

Yes, it looks like it 👍 Although I'm leaving my PS3 online while I have my dinner...just in case!

Anyway, I'm definately up for some track based antics tonight, so I'll see you guys shortly 👍

Ok I will get a room open.

Lounge open: GTP_alexi lounge

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 '05' RM
540pp
Racing hards

Track: Horza (Short)

Last edited:
Anyway i can join this?? If so when? :) thanks guys.
Mark

Of course you can, just follow this thread and send me or Joylord a friend request.

GTP_alexi
GTP_Joylord

We're testing in my lounge right now.
Rennsport has shared a great track and could be a contender. I have one that's pretty good and we're just about to give Ren-Tecs a go.

Last edited:
Note you will want to stick to Sam's engine mods. As strange as it may seem I was running stage three engine, exhaust mods and a chip which gave 401bhp and 52.6ft but could not no more than a 45.3 no matter how hard I tried.
Finally gave in and tuned a New Evo up to the same as Sam's Which gives 397bhp/ 52.8ft and straight away I hit a 44.4.

Even the engine map is the same, so how can 0.2ft make such a difference????
I think I was having this problem last week with the Viper only towards the end of the week did I realized that carrying all the mods was not necessary better. Wierd.

Chris
Thanks Neenor

Friendly reminder for the people just coming on

Tig's Evo RM set up thus far.

Sports ECU
Stage 1 engine tune
all intake and exhaust upgrages.
NO TURBO

Downforce. 15F 16R
Transmission 250km/h
6th gear 0.858
ride height 0F -4R
springs 8.0F 6.8R
6 6
6 6
5 5

camber 1.0F 0.8R
toe 0.10 0.00

Its pretty standard, so there'll be more tinkering for you nuts to do. But for guys who just want to jump in a pull decent times, thats what you want!

cheers

Just had the best ever GT5 race there now! I really hope someone can upload it to youtube or I'll try myself. It was a keeper as Toby Moody would say. Alexi, Crispy, Cpt, CICO & myself covered by 0.6 after 10 laps.

Track & car go hand in hand. Great selection guys:tup:

Cant wait to get stuck in again tomorrow.

Back