Track Creator Racing - ALL WELCOME!

• Thread starter imalexi
  • 2,608 comments
Some brilliant racing here tonight, best fun I've had on GT5 yet, thank goodness the PSN is back up! They say a picture tells a 1000 words so here's just a very small sample of the action, I couldve taken hundreds from the replays I saved!! (sorry for the poor photo skills, I just point and shoot!!)

Forming up on the grid: Rutter, Neenor, Cpt_Disaster, Joylord, Wayne, Me, Fastas and Spy (+2 others who I cant remember!)

Rutter and Spy nose to tail at 140mph

Me trying to slip up the inside of Crispy into turn 1

Fastas leads the way in his Camaro

Cpt_Disaster leads the pack from Joylord off the start

Wayne, Spyrrari and Fastas in a 3 way battle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi all, this is my 3rd showing in this event. You might of seen a video of me and Animera a bit back in this thread... Having a blast racing with you guys. Best time I've pulled is a 1'25.769 in the SLS.

Might as well introduce myself to... I'm Sam, 20 and repping New Zealand with the DS3

That can be my back story... Look foreword to racing with you guys more

What a superb night of racing! After some early shenanigans, the racing settled down and made for a really challenging event. I have to thank Joylord, Alexi, Spy, Neenor, DGiant, Wayne and Cpt D in particular for providing some serious competiton throughout the evening.

I ran four cars last night, each of them are capable of running '25's I'm sure. The M5 and the Camaro are so solid that after only a quick tune I was at the front end of the action. The Camaro is a surperb car aided by the extra downforce you can add. The low tyre wear meant that the later parts of the race it really comes back as I found in one race where I dropped to the back at the beggining and then steadily worked my way through the field.

The California can be as quick as the SLS in my opinion and I was qualifying that with mid 25's. The gentle oversteer I was generating made some of the faster corners an absolute joy to drive and I was still running 29's by lap 15 too.

The final car, which needs a good set up, is the Corvette ZR1. I'm surprised no one else has run this. I tested it quickly on the sixaxis and was running mid 25's but, it was too unpredictable when I switched to my wheel last night. It has the biggest amount of torque of any of the cars and has good downforce too, perhaps if you want something other than a SLS this might be the one.

If your on my friends list you can try out my Camaro, M5 and the California which I've added to share in game.

D.

Thanks to everyone for some great races last night, although alot of the time I was loitering around behind, slowly dropping to the back of the grid :lol:

And this happened for two reasons :sly:

1) I'm absolutely rubbish at tuning, and 2) I definitely brought the wrong car to the party.

Seems like the SLS is the way to go with this one, so will have to get to work on sorting my one out, although I do like the idea of trying something a little different to the norm, hence the LFA last night, so I may give the ZR1 a try out later 👍

The final car, which needs a good set up, is the Corvette ZR1. I'm surprised no one else has run this. I tested it quickly on the sixaxis and was running mid 25's but, it was too unpredictable when I switched to my wheel last night. It has the biggest amount of torque of any of the cars and has good downforce too, perhaps if you want something other than a SLS this might be the one.

Hey I was using Vettes on thursday :(. Would have joined you guys yesterday for a race, but it was getting too late for me...

Andy and Phil's pictures has got me motivated and love seeing other peoples veiw of the racing. (need Ian's expertise) It's bad quality and crap recording and just slapped together, just before the batteries ran out on the camera.

Great video Jon, I was thinking of doing the same with the replays I got last night, it's good to see other peoples view of the race and whats going on around them I agree. I'll try and get some vids done this weekend when I'm back from my baby brothers birthday party!!

Thanks to all that raced yesterday.
We're getting some superb grids now, great to see 16 on the grid with such a mix of cars.

I can't make it tonight, but should be back on Sunday and I'll probably try the Vette and California.

Jon and I will be starting to think about the next combo soon, so would like to hear some suggestions from you guys. Would you like a one make race? a Vs combo? based on PP?

The best events are usually the simplest, so keep it short and sweet.

If Jon is not about tonight, one of the regulars can start a lounge - Most probably Neenor, Fastas or Ren-Tec.

Play nice 👍

That was a good night of racing, good to see the GTP flag fly with a lot of members in the lobby. I was struggling to make the Z06 work but couldn't manage to get a time sub 27.0... The LFA was a bit better but I have to tweak it a bit still. I'll try some new cars for tonight. See you then!

Room open:

1472-6681-3243-9092-0131

1472-4711-0081-4390-9798

Chris

Added dimension tonight - it could rain...

Last edited:
I too won't be on tonight:( had to help a friend in there garden and I'm absolutely shattered.

Thanks Neenor for hosting.

Chaps,i've just been reading this thread!!!... :scared:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202692

Seems i've been tuning wrongly since day 1...!!!

It's all about the ride height being the wrong way round in the tuning menu...

spy.

Yeah I read this thread a while back, makes for confusing tuning I can tell you but now if I do what I want in reverse the car works better.

Anyway last was fun although not as fun as the battles with Cpt_Disaster 👍

Thanks Neenor for hosting tonight.. 👍

I realy hope my new wheel arrives soon,cause i cant really drive on the limit like this... :(

spy.

Great fun guys. Had 3 solid races against Rutter, Lost one by 0.008 and another by 0.134 But pulled a win after firming the suspension up a smidge more...

Having a blast running with you guys, cheers

Really enjoyed those races tiggles:tup:

Thanks also to Spy, PASM, Neenor and the rest. Another great night at TCR!

You guys liking my paint job on SLS?:D

@Alexi. The last 1 make serious was very successful, maybe another?

EifelCircuit.jpg

EifelCircuit_1.jpg

EifelCircuit_2.jpg

and thats what 0.008 looks like

Good work guys.

Thanks for keeping the TCR event going.
Will hopefully be on after the GP tomorrow.

👍

Let it be known I was the first man to brea into the 24s, with a 1'24.943

... Ren-Tec might have something else to say...

Well tonight you did Tigtain Cap, I'll give you that my young padowan :D

ps: you missed the k off the word Break (muttley)

Last edited:
No worries mate, it's a tough track when you don't know it and I was struggling in that DB9, hope to see you there again soon :cheers:

Yep, it seems the other group I've been racing with is winding down, so chances are I'll be back. On a separate note, how do you guys pick your new tracks? I've got a couple fun ones tucked away that might be good for you guys, let me know if there's anything you're looking for.

Back