Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
Just to let anyone who may be interested know, FIFA 09 has had trophies added in the new update that was released today.

They finally added trophies to Singstar.

BRONZE
  • SingStarter Bronze Trophy - Sing your first song
  • Super Singer Bronze Bronze Trophy - Score over 9000 on 5 different songs on Easy (Unlocks a PlayStation®Home reward)
  • Keep It Cool Bronze Trophy - Achieve a 'cool' ranking on every line of a 'normal' length song
  • Your Golden Moment Bronze Trophy - Fill every bonus note in a 'normal' length song
  • Beginner Singer Bronze Trophy - Sing 50 songs
  • Medley-Go-Round Bronze Trophy - Play 10 medleys
  • Window Shopper Bronze Trophy - Visit the SingStore (Unlocks a PlayStation®Home reward)
  • Popularity Contest Bronze Trophy - Make 5 SingStar friends
  • Center Of Attention Bronze Trophy - Have a media upload viewed over 100 times in its first week online
  • Chatterboxes Bronze Trophy - Post a single comment on another player's profile page (Unlocks a PlayStation®Home reward)
  • Gallery Gazer Bronze Trophy - View 100 snapshots, 100 audio playbacks and 100 video playbacks
  • Welcoming Party Bronze Trophy - Receive 50 visits to your Profile page
  • Star Maker Bronze Trophy - Rate 30 different pieces of media
  • Meet The Locals Bronze Trophy - Visit 50 different Profile pages
  • Media Mogul Bronze Trophy - Save 200 pieces of media
  • It’s Good To Share Bronze Trophy - Upload 1 piece of media of any type to SingStar Online (Unlocks a PlayStation®Home reward)
  • Interior Decorator Bronze Trophy - Change your wallpaper 5 times
  • Mirror Image Bronze Trophy - Complete a song using the camera feed option

SILVER
  • Super Singer Silver Silver Trophy - Score over 9000 on 5 different songs on Medium
  • Veteran Singer Silver Trophy - Sing 100 songs
  • In It To Win It Silver Trophy - Play 200 songs in Battle mode
  • It Takes Two Silver Trophy - Play 200 songs in Duet mode
  • Go It Alone Silver Trophy - Play 50 songs in Sing Solo mode
  • All Eyes On You Silver Trophy - Have a media upload viewed over 200 times in its first week online
  • Pillar Of The Community Silver Trophy - Receive 200 visits to your Profile page

GOLD
  • Super Singer Gold Gold Trophy - Score over 9000 on 5 different songs on Hard
  • Beat Bravo! Gold Trophy - Beat our resident SingStar! - score over 9344 on hard mode on any 'normal' length song
  • Obsessive Singer Gold Trophy - Sing 300 songs
  • They Really Love Me Gold Trophy - Have a media upload rated 4 stars by at least 1000 ratings
  • SingStar Celebrity Gold Trophy - Get a grand total of 8000 views from all your media ever

PLATINUM
  • You Are A SingStar Platinum Trophy - Collect every trophy in the game

Secret Trophies
- At Least You Tried Bronze Trophy - Achieve a very, very low score
- Happy Holiday! Bronze Trophy - Play SingStar on Christmas Day
- Happy SingStar Day! Bronze Trophy - Play the game on the day the original SingStar premiered in Europe
- Leagues Apart Silver Trophy - Win a battle on hard difficulty, while your opponent plays on easy

I guess tweaking the system clock?
Looks like it.

I'm kind of surprised by the number of trophies that require the Eye. It looks like Sony is trying to push more sales with these trophy encouragements.

Now, I wonder if I have to delete my save file for this.

Think I might be a Trophy Whore. Only level 6 at the moment, one platinum (Burnout) but I'm going for both MC:LA and Fallout 3 platinums right now.

Ack! I should have the platinum for Dead Space, but I forgot to do one little mingame (shooting gallery) and would have to play 3/4ths through the game to get there. Arg. And to think have a save file right at the next part of the game. I :censored:ing hate missables. Why no mission select? :(

now i'm just wondering what game (psn or blu-ray) i should buy to get the most/ easiest trophies for the least cost
i already have burnout which is an easy trophy game so any other suggestions???

now i'm just wondering what game (psn or blu-ray) i should buy to get the most/ easiest trophies for the least cost
i already have burnout which is an easy trophy game so any other suggestions???
Little Big Planet is the only platinum I have earned. And it is fun too.

Well if all you care about is trophies I would think Legends of Wrestlemania or Ski-Doo snowmobile challenge. I haven't played either because they don't look all that fun.

I also did an epic speedrun through Dead Space, got the last trophy from chapter 9, I never died the whole way :eek:

That last bronze+ the platinum increased my level progress by a whopping 3%. I really do think level up requirements shoot up absurdly fast, but meh.

Last edited:
Just had a thought regarding gt5p. I know that as of 1/1/09 trophies were compulsory for any new games. Is it possible that any games being updated would also require to have trophies added? My thought is that maybe we haven't seen any updates to gt5p because they don't want to add trophies to it.

I think trophy support is easier to implement than cars or tracks. I highly doubt it's bottlenecking Spec IV's release.

I wish Konami would just tell us if MGS4 is getting trophies, MGS2 and 3 had significantly expanded versions that came out after the initial release, and if MGS4 were to have a similar-type expansion trophies would be mandatory. I think game developers don't realize the absurd amount of attention games get when they are updated with trophies. Uncharted for one, plus I wonder how popular Pixeljunk Eden would've been if it wasn't one of the first games with trophy support.

That last bronze+ the platinum increased my level progress by a whopping 3%. I really do think level up requirements shoot up absurdly fast, but meh.
That is just you. Right now a silver trophy makes me go up roughly 2%-3%. It's hard to tell precisely because it isn't consistent as it is rounding. I'm a couple of silvers or a gold away from hitting level 8.

Just had a thought regarding gt5p. I know that as of 1/1/09 trophies were compulsory for any new games. Is it possible that any games being updated would also require to have trophies added? My thought is that maybe we haven't seen any updates to gt5p because they don't want to add trophies to it.
I will say, likely not. I have seen nothing to say this applies equally, but it is hard to tell. From what I gather add-on trophies are purely voluntary.

Of course, there is no example to base this on as the people that give frequent updates also have great trophy support. That said, I know of nothing that has ever added trophies for what is basically a patch. If Spec IV adds new cars, modes, etc like Burnout has done then I would think trophies being an issue would be a more likely scenario.

I think trophy support is easier to implement than cars or tracks. I highly doubt it's bottlenecking Spec IV's release.
I don't know. Trophy support means implementing a stat tracking system that has to nose into every single aspect of your game, while remaining unnoticed in the background. I mean, if you think about it, the trophy system has to practically act as spyware, while not creating all the problems brought on by spyware.

I wish Konami would just tell us if MGS4 is getting trophies, MGS2 and 3 had significantly expanded versions that came out after the initial release, and if MGS4 were to have a similar-type expansion trophies would be mandatory. I think game developers don't realize the absurd amount of attention games get when they are updated with trophies. Uncharted for one, plus I wonder how popular Pixeljunk Eden would've been if it wasn't one of the first games with trophy support.
I gave up on waiting for MGS4 trophies. Fortunately, it is a game that does not need trophies for me to want to replay it.

And while a year ago I would have disagreed that trophies added that much value (a fun game is still fun, trophies or not, right?) but since then I have seen enough "no trophy, no buy" comments to make me realize that there are people out there that don't think like me. I have been lucky enough to find that good developers that make games I like are often the type to add trophy support.

I realize I look like a bit of a trophy whore, but I think it has more to do with how selective I am of what games I actually buy. Half the games I owned before trophies have been patched to include them. If Gamefly did not exist then I think my situation would be different and I wouldn't have many games at all, but with Gamefly I have the ability to test out games in their full version and buy them.

That reminds me, I have Rayman 2 for the Wii that has gone untouched because I have bought Burnout and Rock Band 2.

I don't see the point in the trophy system, unless you can buy stuff off the Playstation Store. Now THAT would be awesome. Shame Sony aren't that cool. :(

Last edited:
I don't see the point in the trophy system, unless you can buy stuff off the Playstation Store. Now THAT would be awesome. Shame the Japanese aren't that cool. :(

What the hell does that have to do with anyone being Japanese?

Think before you post in the future.

Scaff

I think what he means Scaff, is the trophies are pointless, as you get no reward. He wants to be rewarded with real money, to purchase things off the store and his reason for Sony not doing this is because they are Japanese. :lol: It would be a good idea, but it's never going to happen is it.

I think what he meant Scaff is the trophies are pointless as you get no reward, he wants to be rewarded with real money to purchase things off the store and his reason for Sony not doing this is because they are Japanese. :lol: It would be a good idea, but it's never going to happen is it.

I get what he means, its simply the Japanese part makes no sense at all.

You could say the exact same thing in regard to Microsoft and achievements. His comments are ignorant at best and an un-needed attack on the Japanese at worst.

Either way they make no sense and are certainly not needed.

That the forthcoming Singstar trophies will provide un-locks within home also kind of invalidates the point itself as well. While it may not be money for the store, it is a reward of types for achieving trophies.

Regards

Scaff

I wasn't defending his post, it is an un-needed attack on the Japanese in my view and like you said, the same could be said about Microsoft achievements and they are not Japanese. I was just trying to clarify what I think he meant. I didn't know that Signstar's trophies will un-lock things in Home, I think this is about the best reward we can hope for and hopefully more game developers might do this.

Just a quick question... in real life... what good are trophies? Now apply that to video games and you'll have largely answered your own question.

I'm fairly certain, like games with stat tracking, they are just a way to show recognition for accomplishing tasks, some much more difficult than others, that can then be shared with those that are interested, and ignored by those that are not. They can also be a way to offer additional gameplay challenges that the player may not have thought of on their own, and extend the gameplay and replay experience... getting more out of a game than what they initially may have only considered.

Personally, I don't get caught up in the trophy/achievement point pissing contests you'll find 'discussed' throughout the Internet, but I can still appreciate that they are clearly a feature many gamers care a lot about, and impacts their decision on which games to play.

In fact, I have used the compare trophy feature on occasions where I can't figure out some of the hidden trophies, or when I need advice on how to accomplish an especially challenging trophy. I simply find someone in my friend's list who has already gotten it and send them a message asking for tips or even help.

As for games that will unlock special items in Home, you might be surprised to hear, there are a few games that already do that, and many more planning to in the future, as discussed in GTP's PS Home thread and in the official PS Home forum.

Last edited:
I've been told that the Singstar trophies will apply to all full PS3 Singstar releases (Singstar, Singstar Vol2, Singstar ABBA, Singstar Queen) and the patch is due on April 17th.

Also, I like trophies. They add longevity by providing additional tasks and challenges - if done properly. I remember in GT3 and GT4 I set my own additional tasks (minimum game time to finish, slowest car to win X race, least money spent and, of course with GT4. A-Spec points). Saves me having to think of my own :D

You're not exactly the kind of person to do something by the textbook though, are you Famine?

I got another GTA4 bronze trophy the other day, doing a mission. Does COD4 have trophies?

COD4 doesn't, but CoD:WaW does and COD5:MW2 is supposed to have when it comes out.

I've been told that the Singstar trophies will apply to all full PS3 Singstar releases (Singstar, Singstar Vol2, Singstar ABBA, Singstar Queen) and the patch is due on April 17th.
Is there any word on whether or not we will have to restart a fresh save? Or will it credit us for trophies if we just do the requirement, again?

COD4 doesn't, but CoD:WaW does and COD5:MW2 is supposed to have when it comes out.
Just a heads up, it is now officially just Modern Warfare 2, no COD.

Also, I like trophies. They add longevity by providing additional tasks and challenges - if done properly. I remember in GT3 and GT4 I set my own additional tasks (minimum game time to finish, slowest car to win X race, least money spent and, of course with GT4. A-Spec points). Saves me having to think of my own :D

Snap. I love trophies for this very reason, they push me to get more out of a game.

I just don't have the single minded determination of Famine when it comes to 100%.

In regard to Singstar, yes as far as I am aware it will apply to any PS3 version of the game, and 17th April is athe same date I've seen in a few places.

In closing those looking for a real challenge in terms of a Platinum trophy wuld do well to consider SOCOM. Now that will require a rather large amount of dedication and a not inconsiderable degree of skill.

Regards

Scaff

Back