Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
EDIT: Was so off topic I moved it to the appropriate thread, sorry about that.
Yeah, we drifted off-topic.

To sum up my on topic portion: Magic Ball is easy trophies.

I have sat down to play it a total of three times and here is where I stand:

000.jpg
ARRR! Bronze Trophy
Complete ‘Plundering Pirates’ Episode
001.jpg
NI! Bronze Trophy
Complete ‘Naughty Knights’ Episode
002.jpg
10 in a Row Bronze Trophy
Complete 10 Levels in a Row
003.jpg
25 in a Row Bronze Trophy
Complete 25 Levels in a Row
004.jpg
500K Plan Bronze Trophy
Score 500,000 points
005.jpg
Millionaire’s Club Bronze Trophy
Score 1,000,000 points
006.jpg
The Morris Award Bronze Trophy
Gain 9 Extra Lives
008.jpg
Minuteman Bronze Trophy
Complete a level within one minute
011.jpg
Back in the Chain Gang Silver Trophy
Start a chain reaction with a bunch of cannons
012.jpg
Through the Fire and Flames Silver Trophy
Seek out and aid the lone knight in his fight against the dragons.

Secret Trophies
009.jpg
Goodbye Cruel World Bronze Trophy
5 Killer Skulls Collected

Left to earn:
007.jpg
Bonus Plan Bronze Trophy
Collect 200 ‘Bonus Points’ power-ups
010.jpg
Award Winner Gold Trophy
Collect all Awards in the game

I have a friend who's a huge Prince of Persia fan, and I was wondering if I brought my PS3 to his house (which has no internet) will I still be able to earn trophies? Would they sync the next time I have a network connection?
I can confirm this will work. I actually signed out to Ace my LBP levels so that I didn't risk any mess ups happening by the game's occasionally accessing online, or message pop-ups blocking my view. Once my connection dropped (my end, not Sony's) and it made me let go of the sponge ball I was using to swing over fire. I was still awarded trophies, and then when I logged back in it synced up and gave me credit for them all in my profile.

Buzz! has been pissing me off some more today.

For some reason the servers keep failing over, usually in the last round of a Sofa vs. Sofa. So I've gone from 6/7 last night to 6/10 this morning, then 9/19 today - despite only losing one game I actually got to the end of (from 4) and not actually playing 12 games today.

Also, that's taken me over the 15 game mark to get a silver trophy. So... where is it then?

Buzz! has been pissing me off some more today.

For some reason the servers keep failing over, usually in the last round of a Sofa vs. Sofa. So I've gone from 6/7 last night to 6/10 this morning, then 9/19 today - despite only losing one game I actually got to the end of (from 4) and not actually playing 12 games today.

Also, that's taken me over the 15 game mark to get a silver trophy. So... where is it then?
I can only make one suggestion, but if it fails it will be a wasted amount of time.

When certain PAIN trophies didn't load the answer was to back up your save file, delete it, earn the trophy on a new save file, and then put your original save file back.

But 2 million points in PAIN! takes about 3 minutes. 15 Sofa vs Sofa games would take a lot longer.

Also, if you are getting kicked out in the last round then you are getting a loss counted toward you as a forfeit, but it is not being recorded as a completed game in whatever subroutine is tracking your trophy stats.

If I read your post correctly, you have actually only reached the conclusion of 10 games. Either way, you said 12 you never actually played, which is why the trophy system doesn't recognize them.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, while the issue is making it near impossible to track your trophy stats, the problem isn't actually trophy related. It sounds like Buzz online in the UK is having the same problems the US SingStar Online was having a month ago.

Foolkiller plz share your secret for slaying the dragons in magic ball :) That ones seems kinda hard.
Start -> Restart Level -> Repeat

Seriously, it is level 2-16, where the knight is surrounded by a circle of dragons. You have to kill all dragons, and have the knight be alive for about five seconds after. Once I killed the last dragon about a second before the knight and didn't get it, so you have to give it a bit of time.

There are a couple of strategies that can work well: Getting a Wind power up before any dragons have been hit by anything will blow the knight out of the center while leaving the dragons in their circle. Also, well aimed lasers, cannons, or bazookas kill dragons in one shot. A laser can kill more than one at a time, but make sure the knight is not behind the dragon you are shooting.

Avoid meteors, multi balls, and lightning. Anything that causes destruction out of your control is bad. I have had both a meteor and a lightning strike hit the knight dead on, killing him instantly.

If you are confident in your ball control an iron ball power up is your best bet. That is how I managed to beat it. With just two rebounds I was down to one dragon.

Currently, I am working on my 200 Bonus Points collected. Anyone on my friend's list will notice I have been playing Magic Ball for nearly 12 hours now. I just paused it to be sure I don't lose my progress, as I am not sure quiting and continuing counts.

Well, after 2 games of failing over today (oh, except the one I lost actually allowing me to play through to the end - thanks for that), I've attacked my router with a set of Torx screwdrivers, a can of Mace and Roger's Profanisaurus.

Which delivers some bad news - I'm now 9/21 - and some good. The first is that upon completing the first game after the stats were updated to take me over 15 SvS games, I got the Sofa Surfer silver trophy. So essentially you need to wait for the servers to catch on that you're past the milestone then play another game.

The second is that with a single-player score of 5,214, I'm now 42nd :D I also have one of my quizzes (not a particularly good one) listed 28th most popular on the Buzz site. :D

And now, with a stable connection, tonight is the night of crushing all those who stand before me in SvS...

What the haemorrhage?

I was checking through my trophies last night and noticed that LittleBigPlanet now has a hundred-bazillion more trophies than it used to have, corresponding with some retarded add-ons. So do I have to now download all the retarded add-ons and get the trophies for them to get Platinum?

No you don't need to complete any dlc to get the platinum. It will be the same as with burnout paradise where you will complete the trophies to eg. 90% but still have a platinum.

J-PaP is correct. It'll show a number less than 100 but still with the platinum icon. Look at my Bioshock trophies, it says 86% but with the platinum icon (had to fit that in somehow. :P)

Anyways, I just saw the list for a game coming out, I was surprised when I read that the title (a $60 retail title) having only 20 trophies (most have 40-50.) Well here's the roundup of trophies... (it's some wrestling game.)

2 Bronze, 10 Silver, 7 Gold Trophies and a Platinum.

Gawd.

First, I got these last night. That puts me at 100% It took me less than a week.

007.jpg
Bonus Plan Bronze Trophy
Collect 200 ‘Bonus Points’ power-ups
010.jpg
Award Winner Gold Trophy
Collect all Awards in the game

What the haemorrhage?

I was checking through my trophies last night and noticed that LittleBigPlanet now has a hundred-bazillion more trophies than it used to have, corresponding with some retarded add-ons. So do I have to now download all the retarded add-ons and get the trophies for them to get Platinum?
DLC is allowed to have more trophies, but do not count toward the platinum.

That said, why wouldn't you buy the MGS add-on pack? It adds game-changing functionality. I highly recommend it, plus you get five new levels, which are very fun.

Anyways, I just saw the list for a game coming out, I was surprised when I read that the title (a $60 retail title) having only 20 trophies (most have 40-50.) Well here's the roundup of trophies... (it's some wrestling game.)

2 Bronze, 10 Silver, 7 Gold Trophies and a Platinum.

Gawd.
I see a large rental history.

But looking at the actual trophies for thiw game, Legends of Wrestlemania, I find them odd. The game brings back icons like Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Jimmy "The Hitman" Hart, and others from the glory days of wrestling (read: when I watched it as a kid) so that you can play as them and relive awesome matches, like the title bout of Wrestlemania III, where Hulk Hogan first body slammed Andre the Giant (I still have Wrestlemania III on tape). But at least half these trophies are designed around you doing specific things with a created character.

Imagine a baseball legends game where instead of reliving Reggie Jackson or Babe Ruth's three home runs in a single home run game you have to create a picther and strike them out for a trophy.

It's not bad, it just seems to go against the point of a legends themed game.

I posted this in the leaderboard thread, but for those not interested in the leaderboard, but are interested in understanding how the trophy system apparently works, I thought it might be helpful to post it here:

OK, while ceiling_fan's friends trophy level and count will confirm this, based on cieling_fan's level and count as well as KingOfAllGames, it appears that to go up each level past 12 now takes 8,000 trophy points instead of the usual 2,000. :eek:

If so the following is true:

Level = Total Points (needed to go up another level) % increase

Code:
 1 =      0  (  200)    0%
 2 =    200  (  400)  100%
 3 =    600  (  600)   50%
 4 =  1,200  (1,200)  100%
 5 =  2,400  (1,600)   33%
 6 =  4,000  (2,000)   25%
 7 =  6,000  (2,000)    0%
 8 =  8,000  (2,000)    0%
 9 = 10,000  (2,000)    0%
10 = 12,000  (2,000)    0%
11 = 14,000  (2,000)    0%
12 = 16,000  (8,000)  300%
13 = 24,000  (8,000)    0%
14 = 32,000  (8,000)    0%
15 = 40,000  (    ?)    ?%

So it appears that instead of a gradual increase in the amount of trophy points from one level to another, as it is from level 1-7. Now it appears there will be one big jump, and then the same amount of needed points per level until the next big jump.

To put this in perspective, all one needed to go up a level from 6-12 was to get all the trophies from one disc based game and a couple PSN games. However, to go up a level past 12 you now will need to win enough trophies equivalent to about six disc based games and a couple PSN games. Or more specifically, the amount of time it took someone to start at 1 and reach level 8 is how long it might take them to go up just one level past 12. :eek:

To put this in perspective, all one needed to go up a level from 6-12 was to get all the trophies from one disc based game and a couple PSN games. However, to go up a level past 12 you now will need to win enough trophies equivalent to about six disc based games and a couple PSN games. Or more specifically, the amount of time it took someone to start at 1 and reach level 8 is how long it might take them to go up just one level past 12. :eek:
So, that means that CF can only brag once a week now.

* Super Stardust HD
* PixelJunk Eden

* Uncharted
* Buzz: Quiz TV
* Warhawk
* Novastrike
* Pain
* Ferrari Challenge
* Burnout Paradise
* Wipeout HD
* Linger In Shadows
* High Velocity Bowling (US only - Boooo)
* Eye of Judgement
* Dead Space
* Far Cry 2
* Bioshock
* Mainichi Issho (Japan only)
* Aquanaut's Holiday (Japan only)
* Geon: Emotions
* NBA 09: The Inside
* Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
* Blitz: The League II

* Rock Band 2
* Penny Arcade Adventures: Ep1
* Midnight Club: Los Angeles
* Grand Theft Auto 4
* Little Big Planet
* Merc's 2
* PixelJunk Monsters
* Motorstorm 2
* Battlefield:Bad Company
-------

Of that list, would I be right in thinking that the ones I've bolded are PSN games? If so, are any of them free PSN games? (if such a thing exists) [/cheapskate]

@Sureshot - Pain, Wipeout HD, High Velocity Bowling and Penny Arcade Adventures: Ep1 and Ep2 are all PSN games as well. I don't believe Eye of Judgment is, though.

As for free PSN games, you're SOL, I'm afraid. If price is an issue, Linger in Shadows will be far and away the least expensive, at least in the US anyway.

Excellent, excellent post D-N!! :cheers:

So, that means that CF can only brag once a week now.

Yikes, I'm thinking more like 6 months...

Sureshot: Blitz: The League II is a retail game, I hear many trophies are glitched (won't unlock) so I wouldn't pick up that game for trophy-whoring :P

So, I now have Bioshock and have managed the welcome trophy and all the various hack X machine trophies, as well as Toater in the Tub.

And I have most of the available single player GTI Club+ trophies.

I have the game. Had it since Late December, never been out of the box :). Been playing Farcry 2 an it is very time consuming, it has a slow pace and the travel system just plain sucks. I like the game though its slow. No wonder why they advertise 50hours of gameplay. Thats just not typical for FPS's. Trophies are not quick fixes in the game. Most seem to require beating and completing multiple missions. Farcry is not a trophy hunter game :).

FINALLY.

Just got that elusive Gold Barnard award. HA! TAKE THAT BUZZ!!!!

I've just got the gold Sofa Subjugator and the two gold offline modes to go for Buzz. Oh and Amateur Quizmaster, but I've done 17 quizzes so that's not a million miles off.

I got the gold Barnard on my first game :embarrassed: but I am a complete geek :D

I've just got the gold Sofa Subjugator and the two gold offline modes to go for Buzz. Oh and Amateur Quizmaster, but I've done 17 quizzes so that's not a million miles off.

I got the gold Barnard on my first game :embarrassed: but I am a complete geek :D

Rub it in :P

I usually got around 4500 when I played with all channels, but got about 4800ish when I played movies only (I'm a HUGE movie buff).

The problem was, almost EVERY time I would get close, I'd get a damn Harry Potter Question (never seen or read any Harry Potter stuff)...and it would drive me insane.

So yea, finally got lucky one round, got a ton of great questions, and no stupid Harry Potter to slow me down!

Rub it in :P

I usually got around 4500 when I played with all channels, but got about 4800ish when I played movies only (I'm a HUGE movie buff).

The problem was, almost EVERY time I would get close, I'd get a damn Harry Potter Question (never seen or read any Harry Potter stuff)...and it would drive me insane.

So yea, finally got lucky one round, got a ton of great questions, and no stupid Harry Potter to slow me down!

Ugh. Harry Potter...

I recently did a Science-only game and scored 5,214 - just to see how high I could get. The top few scores are stupid though - there's a guy with 5,363 points... That's 37 points lost - just about 2 per question or answering every question in 0.1s or less. Now, just hammering a button as soon as I see the question gets me, on average, 297pt, which is 0.15s and that's disregarding whether it's right or not.

I can't see any possibly way to score that high. 5,255 is about the highest I reckon is legitimate.

I'm also 1 quiz away from my Amateur Quizmaster. I'm growing to dislike people who make quizzes called "GKLHGLK" with 8 questions of the format "? Blue: 111111, Orange: aaaaa, Green: ghghgh, Yellow: n", just so they can rack up 20 quizzes made.

I can't see any possibly way to score that high. 5,255 is about the highest I reckon is legitimate.
Yeah, if you look at trophy guides they suggest hitting the PS button on the controller to pause the game so you can look up answers and/or get your finger placed correctly.

lol, yea I read about that after I got the trophy, and now I feel like it's not really that special to me anymore since people can effectively cheat to get it :( They should patch that out!!!

I recently did a Science-only game and scored 5,214 - just to see how high I could get. The top few scores are stupid though - there's a guy with 5,363 points... That's 37 points lost - just about 2 per question or answering every question in 0.1s or less. Now, just hammering a button as soon as I see the question gets me, on average, 297pt, which is 0.15s and that's disregarding whether it's right or not.

I have not played in a long time and don't recall my high score, but I was in the top 10 for both high score and sofa vs sofa for a long time with legitimate scores, although I suspect that may no longer be the case. I think it was KingOfAll Games that had the highest score, but I may be mistaken. Like you I tried experimenting to see just how fast it is possible to click on the button right after a question is posted, and the most I was able to get was a 199 once, clearly totally by luck... but to get high scores, especially above 5,000 requires some luck, as you have to spot the answer almost immediately. If you have too many questions where the correct answer is the last one you look at, you'll fall short.

In fact, to get my high score, I actually stood far enough away from the screen so that it was easier to see all four answers at once rather than trying to scan the list of options each time. It's more difficult, but for me it resulted in much faster response times with practice.

As for the PS button trick, while that will let someone look up the answer, it actually slows down the reaction time. I tried that just to see how it works and the best I could ever get was about 192 per question. More importantly, in an online match that doesn't work obviously. 👍

I'm ploughing towards my Buzz! Platinum - I've done all but Sofa Subjugator Gold, and I've got 42 wins from 64, I think. Now my connection is properly stable I'm slayin' 'em - 7 from 7 today, and I just hit a 6,192 final score (and I beat someone earlier by 5,400pt to 398...)

Everything else is done - it seems to want to make sure its stats are right before you carry on. So for online wins, it has to update to more than the milestone and then it'll give it to you for the next game. It seems to behave similarly for online plays too. And games decided by fallout either way count towards your stats, but not towards your trophies...

Oh, and go play my quizzes. Beware that the ones labelled "tricky" really are.

Back