Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
i dont have any multiplayer trophies, im up for it. i just got home fom work and my son is away so i have till 10pm to play :)

Edit: Going to be a while, i loaded Battlefield Bad company and though the update was like 20mb, its 270 and im on DSL(Dialup Sized Latency).

Last edited:
I got all the single player trophies in B:BC, I played some multiplayer but never really got into it.

Kind of off topic, but that game has amazingly good sound design, from creaky wooden floors to gunshots echoing off the mountains. 👍

It was $20 at Best Buy, My impulse shopping will not stop.

less than 30 days ago
Bioshock $40
Fallout3 $40
Call of Duty WAW $50
Motorstorm $40
Shaun White Snowboarding $40
Now BF BC for $20

Geez, spring break cant come soon enough. This sucks, i ended up playing my guitar for like an hour, now i've wasted my night just to wake to another 11hr day. And I'm taken my 4 year old to see monster trucks this week in Milwaukee :(. And its cold and snowing again argh....... goodnight.

less than 30 days ago
Bioshock $40
Fallout3 $40
Call of Duty WAW $50
Motorstorm $40
Shaun White Snowboarding $40
Now BF BC for $20

I presume you mean Motorstorm Pacific Rift not Motorstorm the original? Otherwise you've just been majorly ripped off. Consider this in the UK I could go to GAME today and pick up Motorstorm 1 for £9.99 or around $14.

Still working on my LBP platinum, lol. I really need some folks on my friends list who I can get online with and finish a level with 3 other people on my friends list (don't have that yet) and also need the VR mission trophy from MGS4 pack.

I'll be getting on you guys soon to play!! :P Especially since I'll be home laid out for the next few days.
Bad timing on your part. I am taking a bit of a cool down period from LBP.

That said, if anyone has High Velocity Bowling and would like to play online (I know Europe doesn't have the patch yet) in order to chase some of those trophies let me know. I am halfway to my 75 strikes and about a third to both my 25 wins and 5000 pins trophies.

After that all I will have left is the 150 strikes and score of 250.

I presume you mean Motorstorm Pacific Rift not Motorstorm the original? Otherwise you've just been majorly ripped off. Consider this in the UK I could go to GAME today and pick up Motorstorm 1 for £9.99 or around $14.

I would assume he meant the 2nd one, seeing as M1 doesn't have trophies.

I just got Platinum for Dead Space. Took about 5 tried today on the last one, was very exited getting this last and hardest trophy. :D

Yes I meant Motor Storm 2.

Does dead space take long? I may give that a whir this week to just get it done. At the moment I'm playing through mirrors edge, motorstorm 2, lbp (though I'm now stuck as I need the create trophy)

Hmm Dead Space. I had to beat it 3 times to get all the trophies. Fist two times took about 28 or 29 hours stopping on chapter 4 on RD3(3rd play through) once i got all the possible trophies. 3rd play was on "Impossible" difficulty with only the plasma cutter. That took only 8 hours. Last and hardest trophy took a few tries but i got that one today. So it took me roughly 40hours of playing to get all the trophies. You keep all your upgrades every time you beat the game but you cant not change difficulties.

Just play it on Easy and use the cheats if you are playing just for the trophies. Then once you know the levels and the monster spawns "Impossible" isnt that hard. Just the one trophy on chapter 4. Also I used the Obsidian Pak, makes life easier.

I'll keep that in mind. Will start on that tomorrow I think while I try get myself a platinum for lbp in the mean time.

Cheers

Just got the 50 TT stars Gold trophy in Mirror's Edge, now that was difficult. I'd even go as far as to say it's the hardest trophy I've obtained. Either that or 'For the Motherland' in CoD WaW.

Buzz is irritating me today - going for my Sofa Subjugator trophies, I was sitting on 5 wins from 6 (though I thought it should have been 6 wins from 8, because it didn't update correctly).

Played a 1 on 1 online and won it by 1,400pt with a question to spare. 5 minutes later the scoreboard is updated to 5/7 (with 0/1 this week)! I've just played another, thumping the guy by 2,500pt and, though the scoreboard isn't updated yet, I won my Sofa Subjugator Bronze (for winning "over 5 games" of Sofa vs. Sofa).

The "Flawless" one is bothering me though. I'd swear I got all questions right in a single 4-player game the other night. I'm wondering if it requires all 4 players to get all questions right in a round?

The "Flawless" one is bothering me though. I'd swear I got all questions right in a single 4-player game the other night. I'm wondering if it requires all 4 players to get all questions right in a round?

Everybody (2 players minimum) must be flawless apparently, from random forum:

everyone must answer the questions correctly...not just yourself. I played with my wife the other night and we both answered every question correctly in one round and earned this trophy.

I'll run a multiplayer game on Science & Technology questions, holding all four buzzers ;)

I'll run a multiplayer game on Science & Technology questions, holding all four buzzers ;)
Please tell me I'm not the only one who just pictured a monkey playing Buzz.

No offense intended, Famine. :D

Well, as has been known for a while there is a great deal of shovelware games that have come out for the 360 that have easy achievements, so that even though their sales have not been impressive their rental histories have.

It appears the first of these for the PS3 has emerged, only it is not disc-based. Magic Ball is a 3-D version of Breakout and costs $10 on the PSN Store. It is not worth $10 to play, although my wife thought it would be. She has yet to touch it. But I am nearly to 50% of the trophies, and all of them are just a matter of playing one really long run through. I have played it twice and only need for more trophies, one of which requires getting all other trophies. So I only have to work for three more trophies.

I just need to beat the knights episode, save the lone knight from the dragons, and get 200 Bonus Points tokens without quitting.

No trophy is hard to get as your stats continue to add up within a single game if all you do is say try again and restart your current level, which keeps your score and life count that you began the level with. If you have enough patience time then you could play through all 48 levels and get every single trophy.

I almost wonder if this game wouldn't have very decent sales at $10 if it weren't for the trophies. It is mainly a trophy whore's game that can also fill in that pick-up-and play for five minute need.

I may never touch this again after I get all the trophies.

At least my wife likes it.

It is mainly a trophy whore's game that can also fill in that pick-up-and play for five minute need.

And for those that are not trophy hunters, a game that the kids love... at least mine and a friend of theirs who was over at the time. Neither I or my wife have played it yet, just watched the kids play and enjoy it.

And for those that are not trophy hunters, a game that the kids love... at least mine and a friend of theirs who was over at the time. Neither I or my wife have played it yet, just watched the kids play it.
I can easily see how kids love it. I am just wondering what happened to the day when simple concept games were $4.99-$7.99.

I can easily see how kids love it. I am just wondering what happened to the day when simple concept games were $4.99-$7.99.

Compared to the past $10 is a bargain. Heck, I remember buying some "kids games" for the PS2 for my nephews that were $40-$50... and not only were not nearly as entertaining as many of the $10 PSN games, but didn;t get nearly as much play as the PSN games I have downloaded for them.

Even the PSN games, other than legacy ones, most have been $10 and as much as $20. Calling All Cars is very simple, and it was $20 when it first came out... which compared to the past, was still a bargain, but not worth $20 IMO, which I suspect is why they eventually dropped the price. 👍

Even the PSN games, other than legacy ones, most have been $10 and as much as $20. Calling All Cars is very simple, and it was $20 when it first came out... which compared to the past, was still a bargain, but not worth $20 IMO, which I suspect is why they eventually dropped the price. 👍
Really? Was that at launch? When I got my PS3 I don't remember seeing games over $10, and those were the top notch games. I know that I thought the Ratchet and Clank game was the first one I knew of that was $15.

I have a friend who's a huge Prince of Persia fan, and I was wondering if I brought my PS3 to his house (which has no internet) will I still be able to earn trophies? Would they sync the next time I have a network connection?

I have a friend who's a huge Prince of Persia fan, and I was wondering if I brought my PS3 to his house (which has no internet) will I still be able to earn trophies? Would they sync the next time I have a network connection?

Yes, the PS3 saves your trophy process and will then sync the updated info to your PSN the next time it gets hold of a net connection.. 👍

Robin.

Back