Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
All I was trying to say is that I think the trophies are useless unless they can be used for currency in the PS Store. Holy flip. I'm not a blimmin' racist.

All I was trying to say is that I think the trophies are useless unless they can be used for currency in the PS Store. Holy flip. I'm not a blimmin' racist.

Then don't pointlessly bring race into a discussion in which you criticise someone.

I could quite easily do the same about some of your more 'pointless' posts and what part of the world you are from. I seriously doubt you would be happy if I did.

Which is exactly why I said think before you post, something that does not yet appear to be 100% getting through.

Thanks

Scaff

I'm not a blimmin' racist.
Then what did them being Japanese have to do with anything?

You should have just said what you edited it to to begin with.

You may not be racist but that comment was a bit racially insensitive.

All I was trying to say is that I think the trophies are useless unless they can be used for currency in the PS Store.

Ignoring the unnecessary and since edited out racial reference, what you specifically said was "I don't see the point in the trophy system".

In response you received several explanations on the various uses for trophies based on not just personal opinion, but objective facts... yet you still seem to think they are useless... which I think really says a great deal more about you and your expectations/demands, then the actual usefulness of the trophy system.

:indiff:

OK just have to add this one as it slipped past me in a big way.

Echochrome now supports trophies in the EU, the patch went live back in the middle of Feb, guess I wasn't paying attention on that one.

Linky

Regards

Scaff

So is anybody going to rent the Hannah Montana game? From another forum:

"I need to see your Blockbuster card, and please place your testicles in that bin over there as you are no longer entitled to them."

:lol:

"I need to see your Blockbuster card, and please place your testicles in that bin over there as you are no longer entitled to them."

👍

No, but I will now be keeping a close eye on your trophy card.

:)

Scaff

One moment I'm on 65% for CoD5 trophies, the next I'm looking down the barrel of a Platinum...

:D

Haha, reminds me of the LBP trophy whore levels :D

In 007 Quantum of Solace (rent it) you get a trophy for beating the last mission, and since I started on the hardest difficulty so I got 4 more at the same time.

Looking at Bioshock's list, if you do everything right, which I didn't, you can get, from what I can gather, 8 trophies at the same time, including the platinum. :D

I apologize deeply for the commas in the last sentence.

So, at 4:30 PM today (~2.5 hours from now) my wife is leaving town until Sunday evening.

My intent is to make a few trophy runs, particularly on games I have completed, but not gotten 100% or platinum trophies on.

I do have to do some yard work as this is the weekend to start preparing and planting gardens, and I am supposed to play some disc golf tomorrow. But rain, and even severe storms, may prevent those from happening.

So, here are the things I want to get done:

Rock Band 2: Bladder of Steel Award (Gold) - Complete Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing. This means playing all 84 songs from the disc in one sitting - roughly six hours. Not to self: Buy new batteries for guitar. This will also get me the Vinyl Artist trophy (bronze) for beating the Endless Setlist 2 on Medium.

Bioshock: I Choose the Impossible (Gold) - Complete the game on survivor difficulty without using a Vita-Chamber. This will also net me Brass Balls (Gold), I Choose (Gold, and if I don't screw up Historian (Silver) and then the platinum. This should be the easiest to achieve out of my weekend.

Uncharted: I am missing a few special action trophies, six relics, and then beating the game on Hard and then Crushing. This is the least likely to happen as it will require at least two run throughs to get the platinum. Fortunately I can go back to specific relic locations, unlike the audio diaries in Bioshock.

Along the way I will probably hook up my DFP to make serious headway on Ferrari Challenge, which I just bought, and clean up some more of my trophies in Buzz! and Burnout Paradise.

And if anyone has Worms and wants to get the online trophies, or help me get my last two, let me know. Same goes for the multiplayer Rock Band 2 trophies.

And if I get truly bored I may take Eye of Judgment out of the plastic to play it and earn some of its trophies.

But as it is I am not sure if I will have time to play trophy clean up on all of these games.

Rock Band 2: Bladder of Steel Award (Gold) - Complete Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing. This means playing all 84 songs from the disc in one sitting - roughly six hours. Not to self: Buy new batteries for guitar. This will also get me the Vinyl Artist trophy (bronze) for beating the Endless Setlist 2 on Medium.
Well, I got this one done. Only took six hours (not counting the wasted 3 hours where I screwed up on Saturday).

Bad quality video and my wife talking to the dog in teh background (she had just gotten home.

I attempted Bioshock on Survivor mode. Good lord that is hard. It will take a bit longer than I anticipated, and I will not be going out of my way to find the audio diaries. I will just have to give it another easy playthrough if I want a platinum, and I do.

I attempted Bioshock on Survivor mode. Good lord that is hard. It will take a bit longer than I anticipated, and I will not be going out of my way to find the audio diaries. I will just have to give it another easy playthrough if I want a platinum, and I do.

You'll be pleased to know that the first two areas are disproportionately harder than the rest on Survivor, as there's little health/ammo/EVE.

Let me know if you need any specific help though, there's a lot of clever ways to do things on Survivor, a couple things:
Save all Little Sisters, or at least until you get rewarded with Hypnotize Big Daddy 3. Nothing like a Daddy vs. Daddy Battle Royale. :D
Bolt Traps actually become very very useful.
Research everything s soon as possible.
Max out crossbow as soon as possible.
Make lots of different saves (I had 63 after platinuming...)
Health upgrades generally aren't worth the ADAM

It's been a while since I did the Survivor run, so there's a lot of things I'm forgetting.

Didn't Sony set a requirement that all new games being developed have to include trophy support now?

I believe it was announced last November, yes.

I believe that went into effect Jan 1 of this year, though a few games managed to ignore this (I believe hearing Red Baron Arcade had no trophies.)

You'll be pleased to know that the first two areas are disproportionately harder than the rest on Survivor, as there's little health/ammo/EVE.
I recall that from my easy run too. It is one of the few games where building up abilities and weapons appears to be out of strategic improvement than necessity, which I like. It feels more realistic.

I'm still peeved that I forgot one diary in my easy run through though. I'm not sure if it is worth it on Survivor to try getting them all again or not. I'll either have to make my survivor run immensely more difficult than necessary, or spend an additional six hours on another easy run. Although, the idea of a 100% harvesting evil run does sound entertaining. :mischievous:

I believe that went into effect Jan 1 of this year, though a few games managed to ignore this (I believe hearing Red Baron Arcade had no trophies.)
The two games that slipped through were Red Baron Arcade and Afro Samurai. Both games had passed Sony's QA process and been given approval pre-rule change, but did not release until the rule deadline. Basically, they were grandfathered in. I know Red Baron Arcade had some huge six month delay as it was due out in September (I think). And I think Afro Samurai just happened to fall on the edge of the policy change.

That said, Afro Samurai was done late enough it could have probably added them in voluntarily, and I can only assume Red Baron was nearly dropped and had no one working on it, otherwise that delay could have allowed trophies to be added. The demo did feel a bit unfinished though, but it was a demo.

What diary did you miss? I know there's one that is listed in the wrong section in the pause menu. God, I HATE missables. It's stupid game design to shaft 95% of people who didn't use a guide. 👎 (for the record my first run-through was on the 360.) Another game that ********'s trophy hunters is Fallout 3. And Penny Arcade Adventures 2. I could go on another mini-rant about developers improperly using '???' trophies. They should be story related & non-missable. Noby Noby Boy is a perfect example of this. Nobody will EVER get the hidden '765' trophy without additional help.

Hopefully FFXIII doesn't have missables, but considering FF6 (3), FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10 and FF12 all had missables (who got the Zodiac Spear out of pure luck?) I'm not counting on it.

In other news, I have exactly 1000 trophies.

Last edited:
What diary did you miss? I know there's one that is listed in the wrong section in the pause menu. God, I HATE missables.
It is one of the three just outside of Ryan's office. I got the two on the table but missed the other one.

I just hate treasurre hunts in games in general. Find all pages or find all diaries, or something like that gets old very, very fast.

Yeah, one of those three you just will not get on your own. :grumpy: Dead Space had a reasonable treasure hunt trophy, basically you have to get most audio logs, but not every single one.

Yeah, one of those three you just will not get on your own. :grumpy: Dead Space had a reasonable treasure hunt trophy, basically you have to get most audio logs, but not every single one.

And it accumulated when you play through a second time. It made things a bit easier as even without looking you could get enough logs by around halfway through your second playthrough. Another good thing was that when you were spoken to, that counted as a log.

I'm not sure if it is worth it on Survivor to try getting them all again or not. I'll either have to make my survivor run immensely more difficult than necessary, or spend an additional six hours on another easy run.

Idea! Play the game on Survivor, be sure you get all the missable diaries, then after beating the game just reload the same save but switch the difficulty to the easiest o clean up the diaries you missed. 💡

Idea! Play the game on Survivor, be sure you get all the missable diaries, then after beating the game just reload the same save but switch the difficulty to the easiest o clean up the diaries you missed. 💡
I...I hadn't thought of that. It's so simple.

Just to confirm: missables are in Welcome to Rapture and just before Ryan. No others, correct? So, I would save off a separate file just after beating Ryan?

From what I can gather, there are two in the beginning and three just before Ryan. And don't kill SC as there is a PTTP station in his apartment. Don't buy too many health upgrades, I think if you do you can screw yourself on the Tonic Collector trophy.

I'm not exactly sure where the best place to make a final audio diary save is, since I had over 60 saves anyway.

Back