Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
This has probably been asked but I'm not reading 60 posts, sorry! Is there any word on wether GTA4 will support trophies soon?

Things happen and or don't happen for a reason.

Given that, what reason would they have to not do it then, assuming you are right and that adding the trophy feature to an existing game is so easy to do?

Ofcourse there are reasons why they wouldnt do it, even if its easy to do (which Sony keep saying it is)....

Firstly its not going to sell anymore exsisting games... who's going to buy Heavenly Sword now that it has trophies for example. Its not economically viable.

Secondly the dev's as you said may be working on another project so even spending some time to patch the exsisting game is not viable.

They should however be supporting Sony in trying to launch this system... so far most of what im seeing around the web with 2.4 is dissapointment... the ingame music works with literally nothing and the trophy system works with like 3 games 2 of which are PSN titles so literally nothing and it bricked consoles to the point that SCEA had to take it down!

Now this is not my personal feeling towards the trophies and the update but people are already judging it agaisnt xbox achievements and it this respect it falls miserably behind... The dev's should help give it more meaning and 'big it up' as it were for Sony and be giving the back catalogue a clean sweep with full support for the feature.

Its much like the Sixaxis, it mostly comes across as a gimic and this is because dev's are using it to thier full potential to make it viable. I hope Home doesnt suffer the same lack of enthusiasm.

Basically Sony is being let down be the software side of things, first party or not which is a shame for such a technically brilliant system.

Robin.

Robin, the point I was trying to make and that puts into question the rationale of judging this new trophy system after just one day is that all Sony did was make the feature available. If someone is complaining that there aren't enough games that use it, then they don't understand that it wasn't some kind of magical on/off switch that instantly made all games have that feature.

I would hope that being reasonable one could realize that before complaining or judging a feature that was only recently made available, perhaps it might be wise to wait a while and see how developers chose to use this feature, and what past games they might add to it before proclaiming it to be lame.

Also, if as you suggest, there is little to no incentive for developers to add trophies to past games, then we won't likely see them any time soon.

As far as your opinion that most of what you are seeing around the web with 2.4 is disappointment... well all I can say is welcome to the Internet and a growing generation of complainers who have found the Internet to be a perfect place to rant, regardless of how unreasonable they may seem, and very well may have little to no understanding of many of the features that were added in 2.40, or why adding in-game custom music option and trophies is just the first step in allowing developers to use that feature... and not a simple on off switch, as soooo many seem to think it was supposed to be.

This has probably been asked but I'm not reading 60 posts, sorry! Is there any word on wether GTA4 will support trophies soon?

Not that I've seen and based on the reaction of most developers thus far regarding games that have already been released I'd guess that the answer will be no.

But there is the all important Don't Panic button. :D:tup:

BTW: The answer really is 42. :)

But what is the ultimate question?

http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/geek/42.html?catid=1

269p_4c_ZoomB.jpg

And I wear mine quite proudly ;)

Best. Shirt. EVER. :D Although some of the Holy Grail one's are great as well.

And to bring this back on topic, don't you think "42" would make for an excellent and appropriate 100% Game Completion Trophy for MGS4? :)

Well since I'm still working on finishing MGS3 :ouch: I'm gonna have to presume the answer is yes.

I'm thinking that trophy support for F@H might not be a bad idea either. Further encouragement of this potentially very important research project couldn't be anything but a good thing. Anyone agree?

So, I can't find the SSHD Team Pack anymore that gives you split screen multiplayer. A bit of research seems to show that a lot of people noticed it got taken down at the same time FW 2.40 did.

So, one trophy is unattanable unless you had the Team Pack before.

Looks like some of us won't get a shot at that first platinum until they straighten this thing out.

That statement was from "A poster on the Capcom-Unity forum", and was speculation.

I think it's important to also distinguish the difference between what it means when a developers says "currently no plans" and "we won't add trophies".

As has been mentioned, even in the links you have been providing, both the speculation, and the comments from developers have pointed out that they are currently busy doing other things. If at some point down the road, assuming it is not to difficult to make an update to add trophies, the demand is strong enough, and there is some value to the developer to add them. Then I see no reason why we should simply assume that just because a developer says they currently have no plans this automatically means it won't have trophies some time later... especially when the source isn't even the developer, but instead an anonymous poster who is pretty clearly speculating.

Maybe we need four categories:

• Games that have Trophies
  • Games that will have Trophies
  • Games that currently are not planned to be updated to include Trophies
  • Gamed that will not be updated to include Trophies

I will try and get the front page updated and things split into four groups tomorrow.

Regards

Scaff

Well Im level two now. Anyone else level 2?
I think Jeremy Ricci is.

I have kind of quit trying until they get the fix out. I can't get them all until the Team Pack is back out and since about only five people on my Friends List have them it seems a bit ridiculous to try and out-trophy people who don't have them yet.

So, I am back to catching up on my MGS history, and hoping that Uncharted and MGS4 get their trophy updates before I start them.

Plus, beside these two my next couple of purchases haven't said too much yet. Lego Star Wars and Civilization Revolution are my next planned purchases after MGS4 and Civ Rev has given mostly negatives to the idea of adding it and I've heard nothing about Lego Star Wars.

So, I think my trophy chase has been put on hold, not because I think it is lame, but because it seems a tad on the pointless side to have a bragging system that most others still can't use yet.

Here is my list of games I intend to buy/start over the next bit:

Uncharted (own, haven't started -may postpone until trophies added)
MGS4 (Waiting to complete MGS2 and MGS3)
Civilization Revolution (the demo was awesome - so far they've said no plans for trophies)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Really just waiting to find a used copy - I'll probably use Gamefly)
Little Big Planet (My first trophy-native game)

Looking at this, serious trophy hunting will likely begin in the fall for me.

I'm level 2. There's only 2 more trophies I can realistically get: the 10x multiplayer one and the pick up 15 point things in one boost. The rest will be hard to get IMO (unless I've missed one or two out). I managed to get the 10 nukes one in Endless mode randomly a few days ago. It didn't feel like I had done 10. :eek:

G.T
I'm level 2. There's only 2 more trophies I can realistically get: the 10x multiplayer one and the pick up 15 point things in one boost. The rest will be hard to get IMO (unless I've missed one or two out). I managed to get the 10 nukes one in Endless mode randomly a few days ago. It didn't feel like I had done 10. :eek:
The 15 tokens in one boost is actually very easy, it just takes a couple of tries. Assuming you know where to do it.

As I have yet to even unlock Segomo in my game.....yeah. I make it to the boss fight on Taranis every time. I wish you could unlock planets in Easy mode.

Does anyone know if Rock Band is getting trophies? I heven't seen anything either way. I actually dread them because I do not want something to entice me to attempt Green Grass and High Tides ever again.

The 15 tokens in one boost is actually very easy, it just takes a couple of tries. Assuming you know where to do it.

As I have yet to even unlock Segomo in my game.....yeah. I make it to the boss fight on Taranis every time. I wish you could unlock planets in Easy mode.

Does anyone know if Rock Band is getting trophies? I heven't seen anything either way. I actually dread them because I do not want something to entice me to attempt Green Grass and High Tides ever again.

Actually you can unlock planets in easy mode. Just do it in arcade, and when you beat the planet, it gives you the trophy. I found that out because I was going for 20 bombs, 5 shield thingys, and 10x mulitiplier, and I hadnt beaten taranis yet, but when I did, it still gave me the trophy. 👍

AND, I was so mad, I was up to 9x multiplier, but died, and when I had finished all the planets, (started at lave) I had 19 bombs.

Oh and G.T, I actually got the 15 tokens in one boost on the first try. Just wait for the big green bonus balls, and boost through it. Dont shoot it and scatter the tokens about, just boost right through the whole thing. I think I did it on the second planet.

Actually you can unlock planets in easy mode. Just do it in arcade, and when you beat the planet, it gives you the trophy. I found that out because I was going for 20 bombs, 5 shield thingys, and 10x mulitiplier, and I hadnt beaten taranis yet, but when I did, it still gave me the trophy. 👍
I meant unlock the levels in-game, not the trophies. I do better at getting the Hero of _ trophies if I do it in Planet Mode.

AND, I was so mad, I was up to 9x multiplier, but died, and when I had finished all the planets, (started at lave) I had 19 bombs.
Done both of those. I have learned that you can't do multiplier and bombs at the same time. It just doesn't work together well. I haven't gone back after them since because I don't feel like playing two long games. Especially considering that when chasing the 10x multiplier you should just restart if you die before you reach it.

Oh and G.T, I actually got the 15 tokens in one boost on the first try. Just wait for the big green bonus balls, and boost through it. Dont shoot it and scatter the tokens about, just boost right through the whole thing. I think I did it on the second planet.
There is one near the beginnings of Coventina (2nd) and Taranis (4th).

The trick there is staying centered properly.

And can someone clarify if you can boost in the Survive 45 Seconds. I have seen people say you can, which allows you to pick up time tokens. If boosting is allowed then I think the time tokens don't count toward the time. Because when I tried it I managed 47 seconds in about 15 real-time and didn't get the trophy.

I got all the Arcade SSHD trophies easily, the tough one was 15 bombs. But I got that too. Just waiting on the team pack I guess (well, I gotta hear how it runs first).

I got all the Arcade SSHD trophies easily, the tough one was 15 bombs. But I got that too. Just waiting on the team pack I guess (well, I gotta hear how it runs first).
I'm at Level 2 now as well. The only Arcade trophy I am missing is the 10X multiplier.

I'll probably shoot for the Solo Pack trophies next as they don't waste nearly as much time if you fail. There is nothing more annoying than being at 9X and then dying. That's what, a good 20 minutes wasted?

Strangely, I got the a lot of the arcade trophies in a single play through (though I had the game paused for several hours while working, lol).

I found the hardest trophy to be the Bomber, 10x was fairly easy (because I usually don't die until I get to Hard mode).

Back