Trueforce Feedback after update 1.49

• Thread starter MontiZi
  • 249 comments
Not on a Logitech pro, but the FFB feels awful. I’ve only done 1 race so far (Sophy at Nords) and on the straights in the Gr3 Corvette the FFB feels normal. As soon as I brake and try to steer the wheel just goes ultra light and dead.

If anything this update has potentially moved me away from GT7 for good. I’ll keep trying settings, but if I can’t feel the car under me in turning then I’m done

I should of stated that I have a Logitech G923.
Not on a Logitech pro, but the FFB feels awful. I’ve only done 1 race so far (Sophy at Nords) and on the straights in the Gr3 Corvette the FFB feels normal. As soon as I brake and try to steer the wheel just goes ultra light and dead.

If anything this update has potentially moved me away from GT7 for good. I’ll keep trying settings, but if I can’t feel the car under me in turning then I’m done
Hopefully they fix any additional issues the patch has caused asap!

Ooh jeez....I guess it wasn't just me. The wheel lost so much detail feedback after the update. Can't feel the suspension joins at Toyko Expway anymore. Barely feel anything from the curbs. Understeer/oversteer? nope....can't tell from the wheel either.

Ooh jeez....I guess it wasn't just me. The wheel lost so much detail feedback after the update. Can't feel the suspension joins at Toyko Expway anymore. Barely feel anything from the curbs. Understeer/oversteer? nope....can't tell from the wheel either.
Man, not looking good... at least for us Logi users. If the wheel is dead to the game, then the game is dead to me. :(

I’m so confused with update!
So done Spa TT for daily b and my times are awful! I didn’t do TT on the old physics so I’m not sure my times, but I feel like I. 2 seconds off pace. Main issue is braking and losing FFB, which I guess in a road car this does happen but should that happen in a GT3 car?
I’ve jumped in Tokyo Expressway so I can compare my TT to the GTWS. I’ve matched my pace and the braking didn’t seem to cause me to lose FFB.

I’ve had to up my in game FFB from 4 to 7, to try and replicate the old FFB. High speed corners the FFB fine, low speed it’s dead

I’m so confused with update!
So done Spa TT for daily b and my times are awful! I didn’t do TT on the old physics so I’m not sure my times, but I feel like I. 2 seconds off pace. Main issue is braking and losing FFB, which I guess in a road car this does happen but should that happen in a GT3 car?
I’ve jumped in Tokyo Expressway so I can compare my TT to the GTWS. I’ve matched my pace and the braking didn’t seem to cause me to lose FFB.

I’ve had to up my in game FFB from 4 to 7, to try and replicate the old FFB. High speed corners the FFB fine, low speed it’s dead
Sounds like you are locking your wheels because of the new ABS. Try braking at about 80-85% at max pressure and I think you'll have more luck.

Sounds like you are locking your wheels because of the new ABS. Try braking at about 80-85% at max pressure and I think you'll have more luck.
That’s what I was thinking, because before the wheel would get heavier if you were locking your tires up, updated and finally the wheel would get light if you locked them up and A LOT of people were complaining about that despite it being more accurate.

I’ll try it later today, I just did a ton of racing last night so I should be able to notice the differences. Really hoped it hasn’t been ruined. I felt like the odd man out when they fixed the wheel going heavy when you locked your tires up so hopefully it’s gotten even more realistic.

Fanatec CSW 2.5 here, after today's update FFB has been totally turned down. Had to try and turn everything up in the settings to get some of that FFB back but its definitely not as detailed before. Cars all feel super light.

So impression I get is, if you can trial brake your golden. If you can’t trail brake then you have issues.

This is just not enjoyable for me right now. I’ll give it another go etc… but I just don’t have the skill or equipment to trail brake properly which will probably steer me away

Last edited:
Regarding Trueforce effects... From @LOGI_Rich over in the G Pro thread...
Only one change to recommended settings so far: increase the Vibration setting in GT7's controller settings. As per the patch notes, they've definitely reduced the potential gain on it, but to be honest it was previously possible to have something that didn't feel good, so where it's at now is fine. I'm now recommending 150.

Last edited:
So impression I get is, if you can trial brake your golden. If you can’t trail brake then you have issues.

This is just not enjoyable for me…
Yeah I would say this is accurate. Brake less, for longer through the corners - else your battling ABS/wheel locking.

Last edited:
Same here, no TrueForce feedback on my Pro Wheel, can't be intentional
Just noticed that in the main game settings (top left) / controllers / Vibration Function, the "Vibration Strength" scale now goes up to 150 and pretty sure this was previously 100.

Mine was set to 35 (out of 100) in game and 100 on the wheel, upping it restores the vibrations in the wheel so as above I guess it was in effect just turned down.

Just noticed that in the main game settings (top left) / controllers / Vibration Function, the "Vibration Strength" scale now goes up to 150 and pretty sure this was previously 100.

Mine was set to 35 (out of 100) in game and 100 on the wheel, upping it restores the vibrations in the wheel so as above I guess it was in effect just turned down.
It’s kind of funny how before we had to crank our wheel to full. I can’t remember but I think I’m GT7 I’m set to 9 and 10 or it might be 10 and 10. Sounds like we got our strength unlocked so we can turn down if we’d like but now we are cranking vibration up with nowhere to go. lol. Geez

Yeah I would say this is accurate. Brake less, for longer through the corners - else your battling ABS/wheel locking.
Yeah this where I’m going to struggle. I’m not the best the at trail braking, I can sort of do it, but my brake pedal has a strange like dead zone which means I can only trail brake for 100% to about 40% then after it drops off. I’ve changed settings in the past and it didn’t help in the game

Fanatec CSW 2.5 here, after today's update FFB has been totally turned down. Had to try and turn everything up in the settings to get some of that FFB back but its definitely not as detailed before. Cars all feel super light.
Man same here. Feels so off. If I manage to find the right settings I'll share. But so far nothing, plus there's like a weird deadzone at the center

I’m all on board with the above so far

The detail was sensational before the update, now it just feels too numb and too heavy. I nearly broke my wrist trying to slide an E46 M3 (road car, the steering is WAY heavier than the real thing, ask me how I know 🤣)

Hopefully @LOGI_Rich has the answers; I believe in you and your miracle working sir 🫡

so previously, I've always run torque - 4 and sensitivity - 1 on my G29. With the update, that felt terrible. No weight on the wheel just some effects from bumps and such. I bumped the torque up to 5 and that improved it a tiny bit, but then I decided to try sensitivity at 10 and that seemed to make a very substantial improvment. Actually felt great in a bunch of cars I tested. I wonder if PD reversed the "polarity" of the sensitvity slider?

If you're now finding it too heavy then simply reduce the Max Torque setting. Many of you had it set to 10 previously because the torque was capped by the game. As of today's update you've now got another ~4Nm so it's definitely going to be much stronger!

@t351chunder you need to increase the in-game Vibration setting as Polyphony have rebalanced the output for Trueforce (and that setting affects Trueforce Audio output, not just the DualSense controller).

If you're now finding it too heavy then simply reduce the Max Torque setting. Many of you had it set to 10 previously because the torque was capped by the game. As of today's update you've now got another ~4Nm so it's definitely going to be much stronger!

@t351chunder you need to increase the in-game Vibration setting as Polyphony have rebalanced the output for Trueforce (and that setting affects Trueforce Audio output, not just the DualSense controller).
matthew broderick oops GIF

I have the G923 and my issue is there is no torque. I used to have it at 10 now 10 is just weak.

Back