TT 39: 650PP British TT @ Grand Valley / 550PP @ Tsukuba Circuit

Nice job saidur! 👍👍

I wish I could try yinatos setup but the power at my house won't be back on for a couple more days :(. I feel like I could easily get into the top 15 if I try the setup.

Well, when she goes to hawaii we can steal that car. :sly:

lol. Yea, she probably paid cash for it as she used to work at a strip club. Thats where I met her, lol. Anyways, didn't mean to derail the thread, just had to share what to me was one of those "whoa" moments, lol.

smrtb0mb
LOL! It's not luck, it's a big gaping hole in PD's code. At the very least the server should reject cars or setups that don't qualify. Some of these game console coders must think they can be so freakin lazy just because they're working with a closed system. Unbelievable.

This doesn't even qualify as a hack. If it were actually a hack, then bare minimum I would expect to see a "McLaren" (or some other British car) driving on "sports/hard" tires. Only after analyzing the replay would you be able to detect that it's some other car on race tires. Even that would be pretty pathetic to succeed at defeating PD's server security.

I love how people rage at the "cheaters" when the blame falls squarely on PD. PD must love it too.

Another hater. Why moan and not ignore. Blame the people coding, blame the passage of Venus, blame the Celts. Just ignore and move on for crying out loud. Is your life any worse because someone is cheating? If it is then I would suggest you go and get a life. It's a game.

Great time my friend. Shaping up to be a great battle between you and yinato. I see he is running on his other account also. Team Yinato, lol. Gonna give it another go today. Still losing a ton on that last corner. Anyways, good job on #1. Peace.
Thanks, you must be proud to be owner of the car ;). Quite a few fast people behind, no doubt they will be ahead of my current time soon. Last corner, you can easily lose time, that is where I messed up most of my fast laps, even my current fast lap, lost the time there for .6XX IIRC.

Great time, if yinato can't see much more time then it looks like you have a great chance of staying up there, good luck.
There is quite a few others as well, samurai_405 I see has attempted this TT. He did amazingly well on the Suzuka TT with the 2J. Currently I will be happy with top 10, will run some laps again in a few days time, if top times are still within reach coming close, then I will try to get first position.

Nice job saidur! 👍👍

I wish I could try yinatos setup but the power at my house won't be back on for a couple more days :(. I feel like I could easily get into the top 15 if I try the setup.
Thanks, plenty more days left so you will get your chance.

Whao! Nice Laps Saidur & Yinato 👍
Thanks.

There is quite a few others as well, samurai_405 I see has attempted this TT. He did amazingly well on the Suzuka TT with the 2J. Currently I will be happy with top 10, will run some laps again in a few days time, if top times are still within reach coming close, then I will try to get first position.

samurai isn't running dirty oil and he is the master of Suzuka so I'm sure you will finish ahead of him if you put in the effort, by the end of the TT KB will probably have more miles on that 2J so I think P1 is there if you want it.

Not sure what you mean by that but whatever.

I think he was expecting "I wish". :)

samurai isn't running dirty oil and he is the master of Suzuka so I'm sure you will finish ahead of him if you put in the effort, by the end of the TT KB will probably have more miles on that 2J so I think P1 is there if you want it.
That is another worry then, imagine if he gets hold of one :scared:. I think it is losing BHP now with more miles so I think the 2J is at its peak. Everyone wants P1, will be interesting to see how leaderboard develops over next week. I don't want to spend too much time on this though, might be more wiser to drive Nissan cars. Will you attempt this TT?

That is another worry then, imagine if he gets hold of one :scared:. I think it is losing BHP now with more miles so I think the 2J is at its peak. Everyone wants P1, will be interesting to see how leaderboard develops over next week. I don't want to spend too much time on this though, might be more wiser to drive Nissan cars. Will you attempt this TT?

Not losing any HP, but its not gaining any either so yea, I think it is at its peak. You would be surprised at how many people are using that car. About half of the top 12 and many more in the top 100, lol.

Just an fyi, I added a small amount of weight then that allowed me to raise the HP and it is faster. I just can't get that slide in to the first turn down. I lose so much time on that. I am catching up through the rest of the lap but lose too much in that first turn.

Anyway a little weight for extra HP seems to help.

Just an fyi, I added a small amount of weight then that allowed me to raise the HP and it is faster. I just can't get that slide in to the first turn down. I lose so much time on that. I am catching up through the rest of the lap but lose too much in that first turn.

Anyway a little weight for extra HP seems to help.

Yea, thats exactly what I done yesturday. I was running at 109 kg. when I improve from 134th down to 67th. Made a huge difference, as you can see.

No because I know once I get started I wont be happy until I'm well into the top 10. :) A car losing BHP due to engine wear/dirtier oil means that it is stronger when it is resricted to a PP level, it seems PD have overestimated the negative effect of engine wear/dirtier oil.

Not losing any HP, but its not gaining any either so yea, I think it is at its peak. You would be surprised at how many people are using that car. About half of the top 12 and many more in the top 100, lol.

I read somewhere that a car loses 5% power up to 15,000 miles and another 5% over the first 265,000 miles, I think 5% is lost due to dirty oil I'll try and find what I'm talking about.

EDIT: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4868548#post4868548
I'm not sure if it is still relevant because of patches since then.

Last edited:
For the Tsukuba, i used a Lambo Countach LP400 almost stock. I only adjusted the transmission & set the brakes to my favourite settings: ft 7 / rr 10.

Helps me turn into the apex under very late braking... ;) Of course this wouldn't be possible with the loathed tcs. I have all aids off except abs on 1.

It took me a few laps but i soon knew i could get gold if i just cleaned it up. On the 7th lap i nailed it perfectly with a 1:07.208! Yes it's disappointing that i'm ranked in x,000th place but i'm very satisfied in what i managed to achieve.

What i'd really like to see is how i ranked with other drivers using the same car.

And for the Grand Valley Reverse, i mistakenly thought it was 550PP when i bought a Lotus Evora & only adjusted the brakes as per mentioned above & had all aids off except abs on 1. No turbos either, it's hard enough to tame as it is!?

Only got the ECU & the racing intake systems/exhaust. I also reduced the ride height down -10 & set the anti-roll bars to 7. I don't meddle with the rest of the suspension bcoz i don't really know what i'm doing there. ...Anyway, after all that the PP was only 494!

On the 2nd lap i was 1.4 secs short of gold with a few mistakes, but knew that i'd gold it easily with a bit more practice & getting used to the car.

On the 4th lap i golded with 2:13.958 & even then it wasn't a perfect lap!? ...But good enough.

Imagine my surprise when i found the PP limit was 650! :D

Amo racing rolls in and sets top times in both TTs.
No active steering either-top dog?
Just went on to get my log in bonus ;) and check out the laps. Amo was using active steering on the Tsukuba TT which leaves me still the fastest without.

Haven't attempted this TT since setting my fastest time, if he starts doing .3XX or less then my chances of going for number 1 will not look likely. There might be some time in the tuning though regarding ballast for more BHP.

Amo racing rolls in and sets top times in both TTs

top dog?

He's also using my car now, lol. Almost the whole top 10 is using it now. I'm using my GTP_CargoRat account now so I can just keep it online for everyone.

I have Qty (8) Chaparral 2-J's in my garage. Feel free to send me a PSN friend request @ schneider50 if you'd like to borrow them. Cheers!

Well, that's easy, all you have to do is use the 2J and you can.:)

Rather than retort like a smartass, why don't you try your best in the Countach LP400 '74 model until you do a perfect lap & compare your time to mine & post that in your reply?!

He's also using my car now, lol. Almost the whole top 10 is using it now. I'm using my GTP_CargoRat account now so I can just keep it online for everyone.

It's generous of you to share your car, but out of curiosity, why don't you share your tune instead? (Not obliged to of course!). I, for one, am interested in learning how to tune, and seeing how others are doing it would be very helpful.

I have been focusing on GV because I don't like to drive the 2j on non-racing tires, but would like to give it a go to see what it's like with a good tune. Anyway, congratulations on setting up a very well tuned car.

Back