TTS - Touring car Team Series

• Thread starter eran0004
  • 819 comments
Yeah. But the last race is a bit too long don't you think?

I used the 4h endurance of Nürburgring as a model for the last event, but 3 hours instead of 4. If it's still too long we can make it shorter, but I think 2 hours is a minimum length for the last race, after all it is the grand finale of the season.

By the way, I found out yesterday that if you press start while in the pit during an online race, the car will stay in the pit until you press continue. Could be a way to implement stop-and-go penalties, like staying ten seconds in the pit or something like that...

I'm liking the sound of two hours to be honest but we will see nearer the time :)

Good idea for the stop/go penalty! Just how will you make sure people actually do the ten seconds and not leave at 7 or 8 to stay ahead or get an advantage :/

I'm liking the sound of two hours to be honest but we will see nearer the time :)

Good idea for the stop/go penalty! Just how will you make sure people actually do the ten seconds and not leave at 7 or 8 to stay ahead or get an advantage :/

Could be done by watching the replay
Also, penalties like that means that we need a race marshal for each race, so if we can't get that then there's no stop-n-go...

Speaking of that, what do you all think about this:
If we can't get race marshals to the races, should the in-game penalty system be turned on or not?

eran0004
I used the 4h endurance of Nürburgring as a model for the last event, but 3 hours instead of 4. If it's still too long we can make it shorter, but I think 2 hours is a minimum length for the last race, after all it is the grand finale of the season.

By the way, I found out yesterday that if you press start while in the pit during an online race, the car will stay in the pit until you press continue. Could be a way to implement stop-and-go penalties, like staying ten seconds in the pit or something like that...

That's a good idea

eran0004
Could be done by watching the replay
Also, penalties like that means that we need a race marshal for each race, so if we can't get that then there's no stop-n-go...

Speaking of that, what do you all think about this:
If we can't get race marshals to the races, should the in-game penalty system be turned on or not?

The spec 2.0 Penalties are too harsh. I can't even run the racing line without being penalized. If you hit the curbs you get penalties

The spec 2.0 Penalties are too harsh. I can't even run the racing line without being penalized. If you hit the curbs you get penalties

I see. Hopefully everyone will be racing clean enough so we don't need a penalty system. And incidents (if there are any) can always be reported after the race.

We need recruit more simracers into event, as i have an idea about livestream ;-) what you think? does anybody know any commentators? 16 slots server would be an advantage, its just my idea, what you think? For example most rFactor series have a broadcast which is pretty cool i think, people can watch every race live with coverage, i just want to feel more realistic event ;-)

P.S Is it possible to make broadcast from ps3? Ofc without camera lol

karolinho
We need recruit more simracers into event, as i have an idea about livestream ;-) what you think? does anybody know any commentators? 16 slots server would be an advantage, its just my idea, what you think? For example most rFactor series have a broadcast which is pretty cool i think, people can watch every race live with coverage, i just want to feel more realistic event ;-)

P.S Is it possible to make broadcast from ps3? Ofc without camera lol

Iracing does that

Well, theres two ways that I can think of. 1) have someone on the server watching, and broadcasting via a mic connected to the PC and record what the commentator says and use Card Capture(which records straight to your pc/laptop) to record the race, and then once the race is finished add the audio to the video and upload. 2) while on the server someone can use a high spec web-cam with mic and use a live stream website to broadcast the race with both video and audio, however they will need a pretty decent internet speed for it to be fluent.

I prefer the first idea as it guarantees a smooth video, although not being live.

Just a couple of options. Probably some other ways too.

Well, theres two ways that I can think of. 1) have someone on the server watching, and broadcasting via a mic connected to the PC and record what the commentator says and use Card Capture(which records straight to your pc/laptop) to record the race, and then once the race is finished add the audio to the video and upload. 2) while on the server someone can use a high spec web-cam with mic and use a live stream website to broadcast the race with both video and audio, however they will need a pretty decent internet speed for it to be fluent.

I prefer the first idea as it guarantees a smooth video, although not being live.

Just a couple of options. Probably some other ways too.

Yes, we need to find that "someone" first of all, actually why we talking about this if there no participants.

That would all be nice. FMSC and I think another series do live streaming. It's pretty cool. That would definitely be a nice little feature. Of course, as you said, we need someone who can be there. :/

Maybe we should see how this season goes, and if/when more people get interested we can search for someone willing to do a broadcast :) I think it's more important to get a full season done and tested than try and throw too much at it the first time round. That's just my opinion. The fact still remains that it's a great idea.

EliteDreamer
That would all be nice. FMSC and I think another series do live streaming. It's pretty cool. That would definitely be a nice little feature. Of course, as you said, we need someone who can be there. :/

Exactly what I was going to say. Their like the biggest series there is

Broadcasting would be nice. I have no idea how to do it though, so you people with all the know-how are free to organize it if you can find someone who can do it :)
We can have a special page one the website: "TTTV" 👍

What is happening on the department of driver recruitment? Everyone doing good?

Also, again a reminder to sign up on the doodle for the race dates you think you can make (you can edit later if things changes)

http://www.doodle.com/zxs4b5z8797g8p7v

And if someone is interested in being a guest writer (on the topic of your choise) on the blog, just tell me!

Back