UEFA Euro 2024 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 98 comments
Turkey 3-1 Georgia was a cracking game. Really back and forth with Georgia a real threat on the counter-attack. A brave performance with the goalkeeper coming up for a free kick and two corners in the dying seconds, but ended with Turkey breaking away to score in an open goal.

Turkey were the better side and scored two of the best goals of the tournament so far, and as much as the game felt like a score draw was the right result, 3-1 was a deserved final score too.
Very exciting game, indeed.

Any of these teams can easily beat Portugal if they play like they played today.

Turkey 3-1 Georgia was a cracking game. Really back and forth with Georgia a real threat on the counter-attack. A brave performance with the goalkeeper coming up for a free kick and two corners in the dying seconds, but ended with Turkey breaking away to score in an open goal.

Turkey were the better side and scored two of the best goals of the tournament so far, and as much as the game felt like a score draw was the right result, 3-1 was a deserved final score too.
It must have been good because my sister - that renowed football watcher - texted me to ask me if I was watching, which I wasn't. I just checked out the end on iPlayer, though, and I thought that the Georgian keeper must have scored a last second equaliser, but it went the other way. Poor guy, but it sounds like it was a magic game.

It's easier to predict the winner (including scoring) for this Euro 2024 than what the hell is Kaz planning for the next update.

Very exciting game, indeed.

Any of these teams can easily beat Portugal if they play like they played today.
I can't help but watch many of the less-fancied teams at the Euros and think that they'd make mincemeat of Scotland.

I reckon at least a draw against Switzerland is needed just to salvage a bit of national pride, but I'm not holding out much hope.

I can't help but watch many of the less-fancied teams at the Euros and think that they'd make mincemeat of Scotland.

I reckon at least a draw against Switzerland is needed just to salvage a bit of national pride, but I'm not holding out much hope.
Based on Hungary's recent results, you could spring a flukey 6-6 draw.

There is something about the games between the smaller footballing nations that they sometimes produce banger matches.

Turkey absolutely has this all or nothing-in-the-worst-way syndrome at the moment with ridiculous results. Getting defeated 6-1 by Austria and tying 0-0 in Italy the next game (this was 2 weeks ago). We saw this now so they can play anywhere between making 4 goals to receiving 4 goals.

Top Scorers
4 - Own Goals
1 - Everybody else

Robin Hood Reaction GIF

Mr Owen Goals now has 4 to his name.
Cracking second half of Croatia vs Albania. Unikely that either will qualify now though unless there's a major surprise in the last round of games.

Last edited:
Next round ✔️
The Office Crying GIF

Very well deserved for Germany - would not bet against them for the tournament win.

Watching the Scotland - Germany game on my best mate's 50th birthday was a tremendously disappointing experience, even for someone like me who doesn't really care all that much about football.

I know all national fans are passionate, but it was truly quite heartbreaking to see how the Scottish fans' enthusiasm was so bitterly dampened in Munich - and I really hope there's not a repeat in Köln tonight.

-

My predicition: Switzerland to win 2-1, but I just hope that Scotland fight and play well. Even if we leave empty-handed, we need a performance to be proud of, as Friday was a low point, even for us.

Last edited:
I'm starting to like this Owen Goal chap

-

Well, Scotland haven't actually scored either of their 2 goals so far, but at least we have 3 assists already.

Last edited:
Game finished 1-1 which means Scotland are still in it and will have a good chance of qualifying with a win over Hungary, it was a far better performance than the one against Germany.

Scott McTominay has been credited with the goal.

Dramatic finish to the Slovenia v Serbia game, Jovic scoring an equaliser for Serbia in the 95th minute with the last touch of the match.

Scotland are still in it and will have a good chance of qualifying with a win over Hungary
Tell us you're not Scottish without telling us you're not Scottish :P

-

Denmark v England game - the pitch looks like it is breaking up very easily under the player's feet - very close to causing an injury already. Both sides looking a bit rusty at the moment...

-

Damn. I'll shut up now.

-

Harry Kane - 1 goal and 1 assist already :dopey:

Last edited:
1-1.

In the England Group Stages Bingo. We've had the traditional 'worryingly shaky start'. Tick. Too early to tell if this will be the 'hope-giving convincing win' or the 'disappointing loss to someone we should've easily beat' which all inevitably leads us to squeezing through to the final 16 to play someone actually good, and lose.

England have been woeful so far - Alan Shearer sounds like he is about to explode.

-

The commentary team said that England's front four are the strongest in the tournament - and yet Southgate took three of them off at the same time!! Granted, they've done very little - but surely it's got something to do with the shape of the team behind them and the chances they are supplying? No England player had a good game, but some of them (Stones, for example) were just truly abysmal.

I'm quite glad that I didn't go to the pub to watch it with an English mate of mine. I reckon his blood pressure might end up in the Guinness Book of Records if Denmark score again.

-

3 added minutes... please:

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

-

Denmark played a lot better than England, but they ought to be disappointed with a draw there - they should have won.

England's tactics were just horrible, and they're never going to progress unless they stop shutting up shop at 1-0.

Last edited:
Awful from England, no balance in the team at all. I think Southgate is the only one who thinks that Alexander-Arnold is a midfielder.

Still, the worst England performance in a very long time... they're lucky not to be struggling to qualify after two sub-standard games and one that will rank amongst their worst ever, even though they got a point out of it.

-

Spain, on the other hand, are pure exhilaration - only 1 goal ahead, but Italy look pedestrian in contrast... energetic, passionate, fired up, and playing exciting football... everything that England couldn't muster tonight.

After seeing almost all matches. Germany and Spain are my main candidates for glory.

I hope Belgium gets it act together.
Although the hands Ball was rubbish. And we clearly had the ref against us, a couple of discutable calls.

He's the ref that got beaten up in Turkey and as a 'reward' he was allowed in the euros.

20240621_170442.jpg

What a touch for a match-winning goal. Ukraine really did not play that well, their basics and decision-making saw them play their way into trouble so many times, but a win is a win.

Long-tern resident in Slovakia with a Ukrainian girlfriend made this an interesting watch for me.

Nice one Austria, this time rewarded with a win. Bit tough now with the draw on NL - FRA to steal 2nd but at least at the moment best 3rd placed in the tournament and still good possibilities to reach the next round.

Czechia seem to forget that they're the Czech Football team, not the Czech Handball team.

Latest Posts

Back