UEFA Euro 2024 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 242 comments
What a goal to win the match
Shame it should have been an equaliser but we'll take it.

Time to get demolished by Spain on Sunday

Can you hear me, Goldmember? Your boys took one hell of a beating...

20240710_234624.jpg

England 1-1 Netherlands
Balance has been restored :lol:

Fantastic strike by Watkins to put England through.

I thought it was a deserved win as England were the better team, very soft penalty though.

Best comment section ever :lol:

"Darwin Nunez leaves game early so he can beat the crowd"
"First time Nunez has been on target all night"

Spain will win the final match very easily, but I will support England
Don't think it'll be easy, will be a close game, Spain are playing very predictable football, couple of outlets thar France failed to shut down. England will play a very different style I think, defensive counter.

Meanwhile, England are the first team in Euros/World Cup history to play against 5 teams all starting with the same letter in a single tournament.

Meanwhile, England are the first team in Euros/World Cup history to play against 5 teams all starting with the same letter in a single tournament.
Spain can be the first team to beat all the European World Cup champions in the same tournament.
Italy, Germany, France and in the final England.

I see England with excellent players individually, but as a team they are not convincing me, the opposite of Spain that it seems like they've been playing together all their lives.

Spain can be the first team to beat all the European World Cup champions in the same tournament.
Italy, Germany, France and in the final England.

I see England with excellent players individually, but as a team they are not convincing me, the opposite of Spain that it seems like they've been playing together all their lives.
They convinced me in the first half against Netherlands. If Spain play their usual game and England can breathe like last night's first half then it will be 2 very good cohesive teams going hell for leather and has potential to be a top final.

I forgot, team rankings!

1 - Spain - P6 - W5 D1 L0 - +13 -3 GD +10 - 16pt
2 - England - P6 - W2 D4 L0 - +6 -4 GD +2 - 10pt
3 - Netherlands - P6 - W3 D1 L2 - +10 -7 GD +3 - 10pt
4 - France - P6 - W2 D3 L1 - +4 -2 GD +2 - 9pt
5 - Germany - P5 - W3 D2 L0 - +11 -4 GD +7 - 11pt
6 - Switzerland - P5 - W2 D3 L0 - +8 -4 GD +4 - 9pt
7 - Turkey - P5 - W3 D0 L2 - +8 -8 GD 0 - 9pt
8 - Portugal - P5 - W2 D2 L1 - +5 -3 GD +2 - 8pt
9 - Austria - P4 - W2 D0 L2 - +7 -6 GD +1 - 6pt
10 - Slovakia - P4 - W1 D2 L1 - +4 -4 GD 0 - 5pt
11 - Belgium - P4 - W1 D1 L2 - +2 -2 GD 0 - 4pt
12 - Slovenia - P4 - W0 D3 L0 - +2 -2 GD 0 - 4pt
13 - Romania - P4 - W1 D1 L2 - +4 -6 GD -2 - 4pt
14 - Italy - P4 - W1 D1 L2 - +3 -5 GD -2 - 4pt
15 - Georgia - P4 - W1 D1 L2 - +5 -8 GD -3 - 4pt
16 - Denmark - P4 - W0 D3 L1 - +2 -4 GD -2 - 3pt
*17 - Ukraine - P3 - W1 D1 L1 - +2 -4 GD -2 - 4pt
18 - Hungary - P3 - W1 D0 L2 - +2 -5 GD -3 - 3pt
19 - Serbia - P3 - W0 D2 L1 - +1 -2 GD -1 - 2pt
*20 - Croatia - P3 - W0 D2 L1 - +3 -6 GD -3 - 2pt
21 - Czechia - P3 - W0 D1 L2 - +3 -5 GD -2 - 1pt
22 - Albania - P3 - W0 D1 L2 - +3 -5 GD -2 - 1pt
23 - Poland - P3 - W0 D1 L2 - +3 -6 GD -3 - 1pt
24 - Scotland - P3 - W0 D1 L2 - +2 -7 GD -5 - 1pt

(that's full time results for WDL and points, but extra time included for goals)

Going about as expected so far, Spain in control but not particularly threatening seeing as Shaw + Walker have those 2 speedsters on a leash*, especially the latter.

Kane (not for the first time) is not providing much at all... and Rodri isn't emerging for the 2nd half!

*E: That aged well.

Last edited:
Can't say it was undeserved, they had enough chances to have put the game to bed long before FT and they were only really under the cosh for 5 minutes after the equaliser... then they simply went about their business again.

7 wins out of 7 is not something you can argue against, they were the team of the tournament without a doubt.

It'll probably hurt their partners and kids.

Edit: Since May 2001, Spain and Spanish clubs have contested 27 major finals; the World Cup, the Euros, the Champions League and the UEFA Cup/Europa League. They've won all 27.

Last edited:
Spain were the better team on the night by some distance, it was very well deserved. They scored the most goals and had the best young talent. The best team in the tournament won the tournament.

As for England, they created a few chances one of which they scored with a great finish, they were unlucky at the end with that header off the line from Olmo, but they play so passive and boring despite all the talent in attack that even when they equalized they immediately sat back.

Maybe a change of manager is needed, I think Southgate has done a great job getting England to back-to-back Euros finals but he has got them over the line, maybe he has taken them as far as he can, but I don't think there is an obvious replacement.

VIVA ESPAÑA!! 🇪🇸🇪🇸

Ok, in all honesty, possibly England’s best team in quite a while (even better than Beckham’s or Rooney’s, especially since the team made it back to back to the Euro’s final), yet they still can’t make it after 58 years since their world cup. Feel bad for Kane since, even on champions or Bundesliga and with 400+ goals, can’t rise a trophy… With this, Southgate is pretty much out of the team since he couldn’t end this masive drought.

Spain… more especifically, Lamine Yamal and Williams Jr… 2010’s Spain is back stronger and for a loong time…

Last edited:
Had to rush back from this...
20240714_132653.jpg

Got back 10 minutes before kick off...!

In the end, it's fair to say the best team won the game and tournament. Yamal seems to alternate between brilliant one minute and poor the next, but then he's only 17 yesterday! Spain's defence still looks vulnerable to me. That "Ice Cold Palmer" goal was lovely though.
Not sure what happened to Foden this tournament, one good half in 7 games is not good enough.

That’s so perfect hahaha. There isn’t a better way to explain it.

Copa America final was delayed 82 minutes because of scumbag Colombians trying to invade the stadium and trampling the poor ticket holder Colombia fans trying to get through security. The news here had footage of these poor people passing their babies and children over the crowd to officers on the other side of the barricade because they were getting crushed as the scumbags kept trying to stampede through the gates. Eventually the barricades failed and all these people were trying to climb up the walls and into air vents to get into th me stadium. Total chaos. These are the same people that shut down Anglers Ave in Hollywood yesterday by trying to drive to the teams hotel and invade their premises. This morning there were Colombians just parked randomly all over Miami Gardens and tailgating in the middle of the streets. It was a total circus for the whole area.

I made this to commemorate the occasion lol:

IMG_5386.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s so perfect hahaha. There isn’t a better way to explain it.

Copa America final was delayed 82 minutes because of scumbag Colombians trying to invade the stadium and trampling the poor ticket holder Colombia fans trying to get through security. The news here had footage of these poor people passing their babies and children over the crowd to officers on the other side of the barricade because they were getting crushed as the scumbags kept trying to stampede through the gates. Eventually the barricades failed and all these people were trying to climb up the walls and into air vents to get into th me stadium. Total chaos. These are the same people that shut down Anglers Ave in Hollywood yesterday by trying to drive to the teams hotel and invade their premises. This morning there were Colombians just parked randomly all over Miami Gardens and tailgating in the middle of the streets. It was a total circus for the whole area.

I made this to commemorate the occasion lol:

View attachment 1372640
And to think the USA is hosting the world cup in 2 years.

Colombia should be banned from competing.

Last edited:
Something to make people feel very old...

Three lions on a shirt,
Jules Rimet still gleaming
Thirty years of hurt
No more need for dreaming

By the time England take part in the next major tournament in 2026, the song 'Three Lions' will be as old as England's World Cup win was when 'Three Lions' was recorded.

-

I managed to stay pretty much neutral throughout the game last night - the 1st Spain goal was well taken, but with no-one covering Williams, it was really too easy. England then rode their luck, and but for an outstanding performance from Jordan Pickford, it could have been a far less flattering scoreline.

The England goal was very good though, and for a brief moment I thought they might just sneak it despite Spain being the better team - but again they were caught napping a bit at the back for the second goal. The goal-line clearance was a pretty incredible way to secure the win for Spain, and at least England and Southgate can leave with their heads held high, though I won't be surprised if Southgate calls it a day.

and at least England and Southgate can leave with their heads held high, though I won't be surprised if Southgate calls it a day.
Two Euro finals in a row is as good as any England team has managed. I think it would be a shame if he didn't stick it out until after the 2026 World Cup. As long as we qualify of course. The players still appear to be behind him and he's bringing a lot of new young talent up and not seeming to be shy in culling some of the older, still well-regarded stalwarts of recent England sides.

Seems madness that it will be 60 years of hurt by then.

I think we played better with each match but a 2-1 loss was a fair result given how good Spain have looked all tournament.

2026 World Cup is in USA, Mexico and Canada.....no South America...
Doesn't change much, Copa America was in the USA and there has been no end of security issues, mostly involving Columbia. Kick them out, boost security and hope for the best.

Back