UKGTP10 The Dixie - 25th/26th October - confirmations

• Thread starter Venari
  • 176 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update from me, reminded by Famine via PM :D

I will be attending, but I'll only be there on the Saturday thanks to lack of moolah and suddenly becoming ridiculously busy :indiff:

Incidentally, just to recap - I can bring a couple of memory cards, a DS2, a copy of the game, and even a PS2 if needed 👍

I may have space for a medium LCD, but nothing more. Swindon is 45miles down the A361, which is not a bad road in the tool I'll have. :D If I can pick it up in 2 minutes flat at about 2.30pm, then you've got a deal. Else, no chance.

45x2=90.

90 miles in 2 minutes....

Can you average 2,700mph?

Um, let me have another think about TVs.

I've just bought a fresh bottle of Timotei. So just to confirm, i defo will not be attending this time, unfortunately :(

But roll on UKGTP11! :)

I'm going to beat you to death with a ring-tailed Lemur.

I guess it depends if he's holding the horrible snarly, clawy, vicious end of the Lemur and beating you gently with the long, soft, gentle "ring-tailed" end or vice versa! :scared:

I should think the Lemur would enjoy the beating equally as little as TheCracker would...

Im reserving judgement on how busy I will be on that weekend, and so for now, i remain one of those annoying possibles, that will either turn up, and sleep in the car, or will not turn up, and will read the results thread.
If i turn up, i come complete with seat, wheel(s) and GT4 plus mem cards, but no TV.
If i dont turn up, i dont come complete with anything.

:irked:👍

I've just heard from the RSPCL. They are concerned about the harm that the lemur may come into whilst TheCracker is being killed until death by it. They suggest you use a Prairie Dog instead. They're not as endangered as ring-tailed lemurs.

How about a Prairie Dog which looks suspiciously like a air hockey puck?

Edit:

Any point in http://www.dialatv.com £2.52 for a week, doesn't sound bad... Note: I haven't actually read any T&Cs, I just can't think of any LCD's/small CRTs that I can bring other than the one I am bringing.

Could you play GT4 through a laptop monitor?

Hmm, we have 8 TVs and 9 PS2s. So we need more PS2s as much as we need more TVs. If we get one more TV we can do a 5-seat LAN and a 4-seat LAN. I've tried options in finding a TV, I did think about LCD PC monitors, but that isn't going to work, is it?

Last edited:
the money would be too much to lose.

To be honest, we're having a little cashflow issue at the moment too

I'm out of ANYTHING that costs money for the forseable future. Ask Sureboss/Roo what I do for a living and you'll understand why I have you all beat for cashflow problems :scared:

I suppose you want the golden gamepad back for re-assignment?

Oh yes. I'd forgotten about that... Err... Are you able to get it to Roo/Sureshot?

Incidentally, you're not an Icelandic banker, are you?

I fear that the new page has left my TV questions on bottom of P5 unanswered...

I can't remember what Car-less does...did a degree in engineering iirc.

I actually have a spare TV which is currently unallocated. For the reason that it sucks. But it's better than nowt.

I'll bring all the tellys I can get my hands on, but they're all like my PS2 - fat and old.

I doubt they'll be using the gearstick again...

Edit: Her face is brilliant! Also, how come daan tried to sit in Bad Habit?

Last edited:
It's a tradition. Or an old charter. Or something.

Why wouldn't you want to sit in a 850hp+, 9 second car?

He made it too - that was trying to get out again.

It was more a question of how, rather than his ambition. Also, lot's of purple on the inside as well as outside.

I'm quite nimble for a big, fat, old bloke.

Now Nigel getting into, and out of, Bad Habit is something I'd pay to see..

I could do with a bit of cash ;) Did you not see me getting into and out of Roo's Mini?

Well, I managed to bork the PS2 I was lending Bad Hobbit. Go me.

Luckily, Bad Hobbit is used to microelectronics and, a quick bit of solder later, had it up and running. Crisis averted.

I actually have a spare TV which is currently unallocated. For the reason that it sucks. But it's better than nowt.

Switch it on now, it might actually display a picture by the time people turn up.

:irked:👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back