UKGTP10 The Dixie - 25th/26th October - confirmations

• Thread starter Venari
  • 176 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it not maybe be a good idea to passenger up with someone?

It's not the petrol that's the issue, it's the accomodation and general costs of everything, plus I would need to take some days off work and I can't really afford to..

:( I'm afraid i won't be able to make it either, i'm washing my hair or something that weekend. Probably.

*beats The Cracker with the wet end of a sloth*

To be honest, we're having a little cashflow issue at the moment too, so I might only have 6 available units by the time the LAN arrives. While I'd prefer 10/12 drivers on two 5/6 machine LANs, I think we can only realistically hope to support a single 6-machine LAN - which logistically means an absolute maximum of 10 drivers, for fear of lots of standing about.

However, if enough people bring beer, standing about won't become an issue :lol:

With Moglet's absence - which is a shame - we have 10 drivers including two locals (realistically 9 on either day). I will attempt to make all 10 planned units, but I need to find some monies from somewhere in order to do so.

But we'll take anyone who wants to come. In the words of sjaak, a LAN Party is about the LAN and the Party... :D

Last edited:

However, if enough people bring beer, standing about won't become an issue :lol:

That depends on how much beer is consumed. Too much and standing might become an issue. ;)

I get Friday's off of college so I can make shortbread \o/, I may have to hide a bit of it, can imagine a fair bit of it being eaten in the car on the way up!

My plan is to fly from Manchester airport the week before and then drive straight from the airport to Famine & Cubicle HQ on the Friday.

If you have enough racers then I'll come along as a kind of social event and to take some revenge on Famine (Yes I still have recurring nightmares about hockey pucks). It would be good to see everyone again.

Obviously this is subject to Famine and Milfords permission. I mean if I'm not racing I don't want take to up valuable resources (beer and food). I will of course supply doughnuts and beer.

Last edited:
All are welcome, especially past victimes participants :D

It may please you to know I have a desktop air hockey game :lol:

Incidentally, I assume those of you intending on booking rooms have done so now, given that it is but 3 weeks away...

Last edited:
It may please you to know I have a desktop air hockey game :lol:

*collapses on floor and starts shaking whilst murmering "Famine is the devil"*

Actually, that weekend songs of praise in on. Don't think I can make it.

Bad Hobbit

Wouldn't have anything to do with a certain purple beast?

Famine
Incidentally, I assume those of you intending on booking rooms have done so now, given that it is but 3 weeks away...
Roo booked ours, so if something does go wrong...

I believe I booked a room with fluffy towels and maid service. Or was it towels and a fluffy maid?

I believe I booked a room with fluffy towels and maid service. Or was it towels and a fluffy maid?

Awwwww mannnnnn, no-one told me there would be fluffers at this thing.

I might have to turn up.

:irked:👍

I apologise for repeating myself and do not wish to cause offence by the following statement:

The two special guests means that there is absolutely no room at the Inn, unless you're very tall and Scottish, or arranging the races. So, if you've not got anywhere to sleep and you turn up hoping for a bed for the night, then I'm sorry but you're going to to be disappointed.

Please sort out your accommodation, there is a perfectly nice and relatively inexpensive pub 5 minutes walk away. I am not going to be held responsible for you having to sleep in your car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you would like a big flashing neon to further emphasise the point?

So by my account with have 11 racers, we're going to need 2 LAN's, surely? It'll take forever with just a six-seat LAN!

Maybe you would like a big flashing neon to further emphasise the point?
I feel responsible for you lot all having somewhere suitable to sleep. I feel guilty anyway so yes, perhaps a flashing neon sign to ram the point home might be good.

So by my account with have 11 racers, we're going to need 2 LAN's, surely? It'll take forever with just a six-seat LAN!
We're going to B+Q tomorrow. Watch this space.

Assuming both provisional guests turn up for both days and all the Ummers turn up, we've got 13. No ummers and no provisionals make 7 (because Blacksheep is piggy-backing with one of the provisioneers).

Which is why I need to know ASAFP - it's the difference between me spending £15 tomorrow for stuff and me spending £100 tomorrow for stuff.

I also know the habitation status of 8 of the 10 confirmed & provisional attendees, but not the other 2 (Mark_T; homeforsummer) - they need to contact Milford Cubicle, again ASAFP, for details of local sleeping parlours, along with the 3 undecided, unless they have already sorted accommodation on their own.

I shall start PMing the confirmed with the house postcode towards the end of the week.

I feel responsible for you lot all having somewhere suitable to sleep. I feel guilty anyway so yes, perhaps a flashing neon sign to ram the point home might be good.

We're going to B+Q tomorrow. Watch this space.

No need to feel guilty, we're all adults, if someone hasn't sorted out their own accommodation then that is their problem.

neon-sign3.jpg

Edit: It doesn't flash, so turn your monitor on and off really quickly.
Edit2: Remember what I said in my PM, Famine

If we need another TV I can probably get a CRT like mine, might mean arranging with Venari to pick it up...

I think we could do with another TV as things stand - and another PS2. But we've still to hear from 2 of our unconfirmed, both of whom will, if coming, bring bits.

It'll be good to have access to it though.

I think we could do with another TV as things stand - and another PS2. But we've still to hear from 2 of our unconfirmed, both of whom will, if coming, bring bits.

It'll be good to have access to it though.

I'll ring them up tomorrow and see if they can provide us with the Telly. I'm sure they will, it's in Swindon so it isn't too far from Venari, do you think he'd mind picking it up? Given how early me and Roo will be leaving, it's not that practical.

How many LCD's did I say I'd bring?

Not enough. Bring moar. :D

I'll ring them up tomorrow and see if they can provide us with the Telly. I'm sure they will, it's in Swindon so it isn't too far from Venari, do you think he'd mind picking it up? Given how early me and Roo will be leaving, it's not that practical.

I think Swindon's kinda the wrong direction from Venari to be going...

It looks like we might have gained a Bad Hobbit and a BlackSheep, but lost a homeforsummer and a VEXD. Which makes me :( Hopefully we get a TheCracker and a Holdenhsvgtsr soon :D

I may have space for a medium LCD, but nothing more. Swindon is 45miles down the A361, which is not a bad road in the tool I'll have. :D If I can pick it up in 2 minutes flat at about 2.30pm, then you've got a deal. Else, no chance.

I'm going to scout for accommodation tomorrow as I now have details from M. Cubicle. I don't have any spare equipment to bring unfortunately apart from memory cards and a spare copy of GT4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back