UKGTP14 - XIV - Five... is Alive! (28/5-30/5)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 181 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I was really looking forward to signing up for sure but something has now thrown a spanner in the works. :ouch:

Hope you have a really good racing weekend!

AMG.

Awwww, I was really looking forward to racing someone more my mental age too....

That's a real shame Rob.

Maybe you can work around it....

👎:grumpy:

GT5 or GT4 this time?

Is there a LAN option for GT5 due to the 1.06 update?

Crikey kikie. Still asleep?

GT5. Five is alive?

You can LAN using the online mode. It just has to be done with a bit of cunning and subtle use of technology.

Ahaaaa five means GT5! Got it. :P

Since there is a LAN option, I think (update v1.06), you probably don't need the internet anymore?

Is there a way to boost my IQ? Or do I have to stay stupid for the rest of my life? :ouch:

Awwww, I was really looking forward to racing someone more my mental age too....

That's a real shame Rob.

Maybe you can work around it....

👎:grumpy:

Same here, will give it a try though,
Was really also looking forward to the EZGT race(s), at least I'd have a fighting change to end up higher than last on the list.... for that race :D

Awwww, I was really looking forward to racing someone more my mental age too...

She's away that weekend - and the dogs can't work the controller.

I think you're just trying to attend all the even numbered UKGTPs.

I think you're just trying to attend all the even numbered UKGTPs.

Is that how it's worked out? Heh, wasn't intentional, but if it saves Famine pestering me for attendance at the XV, wherein I can SURPRISE! UNEXPECTED SHEEP! his doorstep, then so be it... :D

Sorted out some accommodation at the local establishment, if people want to book at the local establishment I suggest they do so ASAP, I got the impression they were well booked.

I did that beards ago to make sure I got an en suite so I didn't have to fight someone elses parmo poo with a stick in the morning.

Just out of interest, if I happen to be a pain and book elsewhere, what's the situation on parking likely to be?

Depends on how many people are staying at the Local Establishment. Aside from loading and unloading, I'll be leaving the car at the Local Establishment, and I'd imagine Neal will be too.

We're probably okay for parking.

So, seeing as you've all booked the Local Establishment or, in the case of VEXD, the "local" Odge, anyone still needing recommended places?

We're probably okay for parking.

So, seeing as you've all booked the Local Establishment or, in the case of VEXD, the "local" Odge, anyone still needing recommended places?

Provided it's alright for me to stay somewhere like 'ere and park round t'corner from the house, narp :)

I think you'll get away with parking outside the house. If nothing else, it'll piss off the neighbour.

Is the 8 going to be parked somewhere I don't have to move it? Remember that if I start it to move it, I have to let it warm up before I can shut it down. Also, if I start it, it'll be using that much fuel that I'll probably have to let Nigel fill it up.

Provided it's alright for me to stay somewhere like 'ere and park round t'corner from the house, narp :)

Not sure how minted you are, but that comes up at £104 for two nights on your link.
I'm paying £65.
For roughly the same treatment, apart from the sheets will be blue and white, not perpl............Ahhhh, I see what you're doing.... forget I said anything.

:irked:👍

I'll more than likely leave the Arseventis at t'guest house but if you really want to piss the neighbours off I'll moar it outside their houses (intended plural, it is a barge) although I'll probably forget to press the stupid electronic hand brake button so it may be in their lounge come Monday.

Is the 8 going to be parked somewhere I don't have to move it? Remember that if I start it to move it, I have to let it warm up before I can shut it down. Also, if I start it, it'll be using that much fuel that I'll probably have to let Nigel fill it up.

I'm bringing a spare drum of petrol just in case.

Should be a gap out back for you. I'm working on garage clearance at present - no garage clear = no space for parking + no space for LAN...

I was planning on parking the 8 on the drive so I can use it as my runaround...?

:D

I shall be there, with the following:
1 x 32" Plasma
1 x PS3
1 x Standard controller (active)
1 x Standard controller (standby)
1 x Rik
4.2 x Quid
1 x Power Strip.
1 x Spare (and probably noisy) switch.

As to other donations, I'm goign to offer up a batch of the jambalaya, in exchange for some time in the kitchen. It's spicy, but no chilli in it. It's not mild, but I wouldn't say it's hot - verging on it though.

Obviously, this is subject to people wanting it, and a suitalbe list of allargies/don't likes being known ahead of time.

Last edited:
For those of you unaware, DocH is a friend of mine, Venari, Blacksheep and the purple Dodge. At least Sureshot and daan have also met him, at Santa Pod and San Francisco respectively.

We're still shy two TVs, so if anyone has any spares, please bring them along. If you've been before, you'll know LCDs are preferred because we're running out of gaffertape.

I'll see if I can get my old monitor to work with a HDMI-DVI.

Failing that, I'll try new monitor as it has HDMI and I'll put the old monitor on PC.

Hello to DocHarriers :cheers: A bit lot of jambalaya sounds quite good and I don't mind if it's a bit hot as long as it's not "bog roll in the freezer" hot.

UKGTP...come for the gaming, stay for the food :D

Also hello to Blacksheep who I also don't really know yet :cheers:

If it turns out we're really stuck for another TV I may bite the bullet and buy one to keep up with Joneses and become a 2 TV family.

My other 19inch LCD is now living at my mum's. I could borrow it for the weekend if needed.

I can't steal my 26 incher back from the living room without my flatmate sawing my arm off in the process, so no more TVs from me I'm afraid.

And my £42/night Premier Inn stay is also booked, so happily I won't be sleeping in a badly insulated product of Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back