UKGTP14 - XIV - Five... is Alive! (28/5-30/5)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 181 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning a trip to visit my dad. Haven't made solid plans as he's currently in S Afr. Do you have a max on the # of participants? I'd like to join if I may in May. :D
Nothing definite yet though....

Had a text from my brother to say he should be free this year. Suspect I won't be holding on to the trophy for long.

Incidentally, I'll try and remember to bring the trophy with me...

Will direct him to this thread so he can list what he can provide.

In theory, the maximum in a lobby is 16. My garage currently has a maximum occupancy of eleven, but I can push that to fourteen. Probably.

Just use the mini as a cockpit, it's basically the same size.

That had crossed my mind when with the help of a friend we stripped my first Mini - cutting the rusty old shell in half and somehow fitting the G25 in and a telly on the bonnet, and towing it places - but I hadn't got anywhere to store it where I could use it, and I didn't have a towing vehicle or license at the time. Besides, there's not enough space in Famine's garage, even for half a Mini.

Due to... landscape-architectural-oversight, the camping plot is a bit... err... smaller than it was. I reckon you can fit a 5'x5' in there, but you'd struggle with anything larger.

Righty dokie. Will discuss with the baker of shortbread about accomodation preferences.

There's a local B&B where GTPers have stayed in the past, Sureboss and Roo should have the details for you.

Should. Memory isn't what it was (not true - memory's never been good) - was it the [some unnamed place nearby] we stayed at? I'm sure VEXD was there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roo
Should. Memory isn't what it was (not true - memory's never been good) - was it the [some unnamed place nearby] we stayed at? I'm sure VEXD was there too.

So said Mr Boss in the PM I got :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It very much looks like I'll be coming for the whole weekend and will definitely be staying in a B&B so send me the list when you can Famine 👍

I would camp but I don't fancy trying to erect my tent on a beach last thing at night after a few too many Pimms and I need more than 5' square just for the deck chairs and picnic table and that's if I left the BBQ at home, besides I'd get told off for spending an hour in the bathroom each morning.

I'll send you the details of the [some unnamed place nearby] ;)

Thanks Nige that looks splendid, is that where you're staying? You best hope you're not sharing a bathroom with me the morning after the Parmos :lol:

Most probably staying there, need to ring 'em. VEXD will tell you I snore, he's lying, but it might keep you up.

According to the missus I snore like a drowning pig and I sleep through most things so I'll be fine but it seems VEXD is going to be pretty knackered by Sunday :lol:

He'll be grumpy even with a good nights kip.

Famine, can you add another wheel to the list. G27 should be here by weekend, I'll bring DFGT, it's usable, but probably best as backup if there are other wheels.

Oh yeah. I have two DFPs here. I will try to fix the pedal box of one so it doesn't brake for you. :ouch:

As mentioned by Big Brother earlier, I shall do my best to make it along this time! I can provide:

1x GT5
1x DFGT
1x PS3 (Pending purchase of said article)
Various cables and all that jazz
1x Controller if needed

I'll figure out some sort of transport arrangement nearer to the time but if there is enough room I would just kip in my car.

Out of interest, it might be worth doing a tally of who is bringing what vehicle and where there's space for all of them. If there are no problems with me parking in the back yard again like I did with Fiesta of Sadface, I'd be happy to occupy the same spot around the corner.

Roo will no doubt be bringing the Disco Stu which won't fit through the garage, Jon has the SporK which will but he'll be hotelling it, Venari will hopefully bring a Cygnet or something so we can all laugh at it, and Daan will be bringing a Wankel. Brother has an E36 which I suspect should fit through the garage but with everything else I'm wondering whether it'll fit in the back garden.

If not, there's always the tent option, or if necessary we could split the cost of a room at a local hotel.

It's also worth noting that Alex and Daan will be coming from vaguely the same part of the world, won't you?

Without Famine putting in a petrol pump in his garage, I don't think we can risk asking Daan to drive his RX-8 in to the back garden.

Anyone staying at Pub can leave car there. Pretty secure from what I remember.

I think I will be staying in the travelodge then, if it's not too far away. 15-20 mins is not a problem. I shouldn't hear you from that distance, chef.

That rulz my car out, until I arrive each day, and by that time the only place I'll be able to park it will be round the corner and down the street anyway.....

And no, I don't know what it will be yet either.
Unless the weather's dry.

:irked:👍

Without Famine putting in a petrol pump in his garage, I don't think we can risk asking Daan to drive his RX-8 in to the back garden.

Anyone staying at Pub can leave car there. Pretty secure from what I remember.
This would be a great help. There will be space to park one car on the drive and one out the front of the house as long as my neighbours are not being selfish (they usually are). There will also be room to park 2 or 3 slightly further down outside my other neighbours house.

Parking out the back *may* be an issue. Watch this space ;)

I'll be staying and parking at t' pub although if you want to annoy your neighbours I'll leave it outside their house all weekend ;)

I think I will be staying in the travelodge then, if it's not too far away. 15-20 mins is not a problem. I shouldn't hear you from that distance, chef.

That rulz my car out, until I arrive each day, and by that time the only place I'll be able to park it will be round the corner and down the street anyway.....

And no, I don't know what it will be yet either.
Unless the weather's dry.

:irked:👍

But then we won't be able to drink whiskey together in the evenings. :(

Ah, I can see it now

Dave: Nige... Why did you kiss my ear?
Nige: Why are you holding my hand?
Dave: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
Nige: Between two pillows...
Dave: Those aren't pillows!

Speaking of VEXD's manpillows...

I'd like everyone to make some awesome courses in the Course Maker. If we can now use them online, we should be able to utilise them at the LAN and make it utterly epic.

Parking out the back *may* be an issue. Watch this space ;)

Righty. Might go for the hotel option like everyone else then!

With regards to races, is there going to be any NASCAR and/or karting in there? I reckon both would be quite good fun with grids of the 10+ of us that are going to be there...

If parking out the back is an issue, actually having the LAN is an issue :D

Quick summary - the back drive is full of Xedos 9 and the LAN garage is full of three cars in pieces. I need to clear the LAN garage by putting stuff into cars that need them and selling bits, then junking the Xedos. Having a LAN is my motivator to do it :D

If you don't sort it, I'm going to come to your house and re-name it Brammall Lane and paint it red and white. [/incentive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back