UKGTP14 - XIV - Four No More [Now May 28-30]

• Thread starter Roo
  • 100 comments

Date for UKGTPXIV

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amar just confirmed it. GT5 has no LAN. What does that mean for the future of the UKGTP LAN parties? Is this the end or are there still going to be UKGTP LAN parties with GT4?

I'm pretty confident that there will be a way to work around the problem. I think Neal mentioned another thread that it may be possible to go through one internet connection to a private game. I'm sure it will be tested as soon as the game is released.

In the unlikely event that a LAN type game cannot be created I'm sure that there will still be some kind of meet, even for a few beers and a bit of air hockey.

If someone wants to send me two copies of GT5, I can test that :D

Plus there's still GT4 :D

It would seem fairly straight forward to me. All we'd need extra is a wireless connection. Create a private room (we can do that, can't we?) and invite the PSN of all the folk in the same room as you. Simples.

If someone wants to send me two copies of GT5, I can test that :D
Hmmm, I could do with a wee drive...

My garage is already wired for internets, with this in mind :D I'll need a bigger switch though.

All we'd need extra is a wireless connection. Create a private room (we can do that, can't we?)

Good point, I haven't read anything confirming the inclusion of private lobbies.

Speaking of which, are we going to get a Neal at a future event? :D

There will almost certainly be some sort of workaround. Even if its all doing it over the internet in the same room.

Speaking of which, are we going to get a Neal at a future event? :D

If you don't mind an Avensis spoiling the photos and I'm invited then... :D:tup:

Remember though that daddy created him for good, but he turned out evil.

i1grq8.jpg

Right. 14.

Due to a major lack of organisation on my part - not just this event, everything else I've tried to put together recently has gone the same way - and a few unfortunate availability issues (GT5 becoming too available, for example) I've had to call time on any plans I had on holding a UKGTP event. With no LAN ability on GT5 and no Internet at any venues I could use to host a UKGTP I doubt I'll be able to host another one. Sorry to mess people around; hope to see you all next year.

We looking at a "reboot" for May at mine then?

Should give us (me, Car-Less) time to datamine for good racing :lol:

Sounds like a plan old man.

Should also give us time to create some tracks.

Gives me time to rebuild a bus or smal truck with room for two LAN's. Going to install 12 seperate internet connection to get round the fact that GT5 doesn't have LAN.

If you don't believe this, I'll try fool you with something else.

:D

We looking at a "reboot" for May at mine then?

Should give us (me, Car-Less) time to datamine for good racing :lol:

I wish.

Right now it looks like I'll have to choose between replacing my just-about-still-working laptop with an actual working pc, christmas shopping, or a PS3. I might be able to make it to the party, but it's likely that'll be my first hands-on experience of GT5!

Then again, with some 70% of the cars in GT5 seeming to be taken straight from GT4, and 12% being rebadges from GT4, that'll just leave the premiums for you to test.

I guess thats my prompt to publish the results of my last GT4 project...

*check diary* I can do May if the offer is there, should give me time to work up enough brownie points with the missus to leave her at home with sprog one and sprog two.

A personage of your calibre does not an offer need, you should consider yourself welcome to such an event.

I on the other hand, may have to do some grovelling, as I'm never really wanted anywhere these days....

:irked:👍

(your turn, Sureboss)

A personage of your calibre does not an offer need, you should consider yourself welcome to such an event.

I on the other hand, may have to do some grovelling, as I'm never really wanted anywhere these days....

:irked:👍

(your turn, Sureboss)

Cheers mate, I approve of this post :D:tup:

You're talking crap btw, you're wanted round these parts :cheers:

Cheer up Eeyore.

A Yoda/Eeyore Google image search failed me so with a lack of any photoshopping skill this will have to do.

5814-eeyore-baby-costume.jpg
848E75E4.jpg

And he managed to find a picture of VEXD in an Eeyore suit. Brilliant!

Dude... are you... are you pointing to your crotch?

It's funny you should say that....I have been watching a lot of cooking programmes recently.

And he managed to find a picture of VEXD in an Eeyore suit. Brilliant!

I need to get me some of his moisturiser! someone really needs to take the bait with this one!

Last edited:
Are you going to have a 'crisis' whilst watching Nigella?

Is that what you call yourself of a weekend? I'm starting to worry about these insinuations...for the record I don't have a swimming pool! :scared:

The reference was to Randy's "me time" in the latest South Park episode "Crème Fraiche"

So what are peoples first impressions with how this is going to work for "LAN"s?

I know we don't really know how lobbies are going to work when we are all connected via one router (which is how we are going to do it, yar?). I did notice that handbrakes stay on when you press the button, which is useful for parking cars I 'spose. Everything else looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back