UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
I can pick people up but it depends on where you are. I am a good driver aswell so no need to worry.

:lol: Can you three-point-turn in a narrow one-way street? :D

For those of us needing practice... in the Long Race Series thread, CAMikaze is running a Clio Endurance challenge. As the Clio is our resident endurance car too, I'm having a crack at this to get some practice. :D I'm sure CAM would welcome more entries. I've given him a poke and asked for the settings to be the same as our Clio... well, if you don't ask...

Are you kidding? If he uses B-Spec, he'll be barrelling down the M1 when Bob will take a 90deg left turn for no apparent reason. :D

186 miles is a round trip, right? Newark is only 95-odd miles from Banbury. That's less than two hours on the M1 going south on a Friday or early Saturday morning.

Man...I'd LOVE to come to this. I was SO close last time then taxes smacked me in the face. I'll see if its feasible to make it to this one. Man that would be fun...you know, beating Specialized after giving him a 10 second head start. :sly:

Man that would be fun...you know, beating Specialized after giving him a 10 second head start. :sly:

What, just 10 seconds? - we usually give him a whole lap head start. He needs at least that amount of time just to find a bottle opener!

Do you think we'll actually be able to keep him in the tent, with a bar less than 30ft away?

Use B-Spec?
:lol:
Are you kidding? If he uses B-Spec, he'll be barrelling down the M1 when Bob will take a 90deg left turn for no apparent reason. :D

186 miles is a round trip, right? Newark is only 95-odd miles from Banbury. That's less than two hours on the M1 going south on a Friday or early Saturday morning.

I'm sorry I made a mistake it was supposed to be 114 Miles....Is it near Warwickshire? I have been there before....Ahh Aston Martin plant...oh what a great holiday....

And it's a 2 hours and 40 minute trip. I used AA :D

We don't need more people with mad skillz - more folk with bad skillz will be more than welcome ;)

I will feel right at home then, well strictly speaking I am not rubbish, but looking at the fastest laps set in the Clio race at the last UK GTP, I have some work to do.

Sorry I am still speaking as if I am coming, such thing is not confirmed yet.

Man...I'd LOVE to come to this. I was SO close last time then taxes smacked me in the face. I'll see if its feasible to make it to this one. Man that would be fun...you know, beating Specialized after giving him a 10 second head start. :sly:

Dude! There's one on your doorstep, figuratively speaking!! SFGTP2 is happening the same weekend! Although actually, being in Maryland, you're probably be equidistant between the 2! Damn this country is BIG! :lol:
However, if it helps to swing it, typical end of October weather in SF is around 85F & Sunny, whereas England will be 50F & rainy! :P

Just found out it's 186 miles away...it's a long drive.....

Oh come now, tisch, pschaw & nonsense! :) I swam 5500 miles to attend the last one! :lol: (Oh, alright, I flew 5500 miles to Manchester, then drove 115 miles to Newark!, but still!) And try using distance as an excuse to Bert the Belgian, and the Dutch posse! :eek:

For those of us needing practice... in the Long Race Series thread, CAMikaze is running a Clio Endurance challenge. As the Clio is our resident endurance car too, I'm having a crack at this to get some practice. :D I'm sure CAM would welcome more entries. I've given him a poke and asked for the settings to be the same as our Clio... well, if you don't ask...
I'm sure I would welcome more entries as well!:D:tup: As for the car settings - and the Series for that matter - I'm trying to have it emulate the Clio Cup series that's done over in you're country. From what I've learned of it, the Clio Cup series is one of the supporting races of the BTCC Series. So for those of you who might have gone to see it, I imagine the GTPlanet Clio Cup will be fun racing experience for all of you who plan on taking part in it.;) Click the GTPClioCup link in the SIG file.:D

Man...I'd LOVE to come to this. I was SO close last time then taxes smacked me in the face. I'll see if its feasible to make it to this one.
After reading all the things that have gone on about the UKGTP and SFGTP, that has me wondering if something like those could be done for the Eastern part of the US. Even though I live in Reading, PA, I was thinking of having a GTP down towards the Philadelphia area. The trick to that one would be finding others who would be interested in coming out to take part in it. I tried a e-mail message to a group of people I know of who likes playing video games, but I haven't gotten a single response to date. :( I imagine there are some people on GTPlanet who might be interested in doing this, so I plan to write up a post to look into it soon. Maybe this weekend if possible.:)

Man that would be fun...you know, beating Specialized after giving him a 10 second head start. :sly:
What, just 10 seconds? - we usually give him a whole lap head start. He needs at least that amount of time just to find a bottle opener!
:lol:👍

I'm sure I would welcome more entries as well!:D:tup: As for the car settings - and the Series for that matter - I'm trying to have it emulate the Clio Cup series that's done over in you're country. From what I've learned of it, the Clio Cup series is one of the supporting races of the BTCC Series. So for those of you who might have gone to see it, I imagine the GTPlanet Clio Cup will be fun racing experience for all of you who plan on taking part in it.;) Click the GTPClioCup link in the SIG file.:D

Really not interested :)
An endurance is only fun when you're competing live with other people, otherwise it's boring to hell.

Anytime swift ......anytime! your "tight driftin skilz yo" wont save you this time! :lol:

@ Cracker and Venari - you make it out like im some kind of alcoholic................ you both know me so well :sly: The beer ban on myself has again been lifted and im ready to go! You think the hotel will mind if i position myself next to the bar to save me walking?

Spec....

@ Cracker and Venari - you make it out like im some kind of alcoholic................ you both know me so well :sly: The beer ban on myself has again been lifted and im ready to go! You think the hotel will mind if i position myself next to the bar to save me walking?

Spec....

Your beer ban was hilarious, to be honest.

Oh yeah, I'm going to quit drinking beer because alcohol is bad for you. I will continue drinking spirits and beverages above 40% alcohol because they're better for you... :mischievous:

Out of all the humerous and entertaiing chat on this thread so far, something horrifying looms out of the text - please tell me we're not going to be doing an endurance race in a fecking Clio!

Out of all the humerous and entertaiing chat on this thread so far, something horrifying looms out of the text - please tell me we're not going to be doing an endurance race in a fecking Clio!

Clio Race Car... It is now a tradition, for several reasons.

It can get round most tracks in 1'10-1'30, perfect for a 50 lap (maximum LAN) race.
It eats tyres at about a set every 8-10 laps, perfect for a 50 lap race with different driving styles.
It has (more than) six different colours, allowing each team to have a different colour.
It's a really sweet-handling little thing, meaning that almost all fast lap times are within a second of each other even across drivers.

Good news (or maybe bad for some) I am now allowed to come along to the ocho Well I suppose I can now be put in the Totally mad for it section, I have been given the go ahead to make a debute UKGTP. :cheers:

I will ascertain what equipment I can bring, after I have sorted my travel arrangements, as of now it is likely I will be getting the train, so my equipment may be limited.

I asked my parents today, including showing all the photo's that G.T showed. Sadly, they said no for several reasons:

Firstly, it is a heck of a drive to get there. My dad has to drive over 65 miles to work every day, so he hates having to do excess driving. Although he does love cars.

Secondly, I am too young. My parents still do not think it is safe coming to something like this at my age. Perhaps next year when I am slightly older.

As I said I would really like to come but I just can't. Maybe next year when I am older, also if it was a bit nearer Lincolnshire then that would be handy too. I am really sorry guys. I will try to make it to the next one.

Firstly, it is a heck of a drive to get there. My dad has to drive over 65 miles to work every day, so he hates having to do excess driving. Although he does love cars.

Solution:

Family speedster drives to Banbury on Friday. Books into hotel.
speedster -> UKGTP8
Family speedster -> Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. factory, Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum.
Family speedster drives back to Lincolnshire on Sunday evening.

180 miles of driving spread over 4 days, PLUS you get to go to UKGTP8, PLUS your dad gets to see some kick-ass cars.

Solution:

Family speedster drives to Banbury on Friday. Books into hotel.
speedster -> UKGTP8
Family speedster -> Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. factory, Gaydon Motor Heritage Museum.
Family speedster drives back to Lincolnshire on Sunday evening.

180 miles of driving spread over 4 days, PLUS you get to go to UKGTP8, PLUS your dad gets to see some kick-ass cars.

As I said, probelm being that my birthday is the 28th of Occho they will want me to be at home. Also another flaw to your solution, we already have been to Gaydon's Motor Heritage Museum, I pestered them when we went to Warwickshire last year. Also, we don't do hotel's we do caravaning :D

Nice idea but it is heavily flawed on my part...

Back