UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
Add another G25 to the list of equiptment Famine. As long ad there are no hiccups with the delivery men it should be with me tomorrow.

Spec....

I also called Fairlawns but forgot to ask their address. A single en-suite goes for 48 GBP per night and (today) they have rooms available.
th_FSign.jpg

FairLawns Guest House, 01295 262461
Distance to Cromwell: ~900m

Thought this might be of help to some.
AMG.

Indeed! The address for FairLawns is 60 Oxford Road - it's actually next door to Ashley... in the photo of the sign for FairLawns, the off-white house behind is actually Ashley Guest House!

I'll wait till the dutch people I'll be traveling with have decided an accommodation.
It's more convenient to stay in the same guest house :)

Okay, see the accommodation and marquee posts above for updates, but here's the summary.

Discounted Cromwell Room Charges!

Single room ......................... £55/night (was £70)
Double room (but single occupant) ... £65/night (was £79.50)
Double room (for two) ............... £80/night (was £95)
Twin room (for two) ................. £80/night (was £95)

Also, Stacey asked about buffet lunches. The price per head is high, but I suggested we order for less people to make sure we ate everything. A buffet for 12 would be about £5 a head, and I'm guessing we would clear the plates for sure (instead of paying twice as much and having leftover food.) I think this is a good idea, and people can always order bar snacks, or bring some extra bits and pieces along as long as it's not too blatant. No deal was struck but we agreed I'd get back to her in a couple of weeks.

The room is bigger than I thought at 6 x 18m. The interior can be seen from the bar lounge, so people might be curious as to what's going on, although we can keep them 'locked out' if we desire. I thought we might set up a monitor TV in the bar lounge fed from a PS2 in the marquee. Everyone enjoys close racing and overtaking, right? Better than F1!!! Stacey suggested we could have music on. She didn't seem concerned at noise, but would prefer that we kept clear shouted insults either minimised or drowned out (you minges. :D)

I asked about setting up the night before, but there is a Comedy night there, so I nailed the 7am start instead. I'm sure some of the suckers among us will help setup at this ungodly hour. ;)

The marquee is perfectly secure within the grounds of the hotel, and by the time we quit Saturday, it will be dark. Stacey understood our concerns and underlined that staff will be onsite at all times and the front of the hotel is monitored. There is a carpark at the rear of the hotel.

Humility and modesty were never my strong points; at this point, I'm rather chuffed by it all. :cool: I suppose there's definitely time for it all to go horribly wrong, but hey. I like a challenge.

Good stuff Venny.

My plans might be to stay with my auntie and uncle in Swindon (about an hours drive from Banbury) and get my Dad to drive me to and from each day. That's still a long way in the pipes though as A) I have to ask my dad and B) Ask my auntie and uncle!

Thanks Venari!

Are we booking rooms through you, or ringing them up and quoting UKGTP Ocho or something? If it's the former, I'll have a single please :)

If Nigel stays with the relatives, I'll have a car seat free from Fleet.

To all: PM me if you want a room at The Cromwell.

Roo, you just bagged a single for Friday and Saturday nights, total cost £110 which you will settle with the hotel on the Sunday. :)

Well guys im able to run in this event as my boss has cleared it for me :D. Can't wait to show you what i got even if its not much haha

Mike.

Well guys im able to run in this event as my boss has cleared it for me :D. Can't wait to show you what i got even if its not much haha

Mike.

Hell atleast your in Division One in the WRS, when I was running in it, I was in Division Three!

Bee, you should get back into the WRS. Come around one night, we can do some runs together.

But I have digressed from the Ocho.

Ladies and gentlemen, we neeeeeeeeeeed TVs. Please, beg, borrow, rape, steal and kill (well, maybe not the last few) to find some.

I think the room is big enough for four LANs, and with an optimistic 28 drivers (and even a pessimistic 20 is only 4 short of a full house, or perhaps four LANs of five) we need those monitors.

I am even considering buying a spiffy new Dell monitor with S-Video input just for this event. (And because my 19" Dell CRT is the same size as a new Fiat 500, and is threatening to cause a warp of the space-time continuum in the corner of my living room.)

As LOLcat might say:
mtvs.jpg

If there is anyone out there willing to share a double room, please PM me ;)
edit: I will be staying for the friday and saturday night.

The room is bigger than I thought at 6 x 18m. The interior can be seen from the bar lounge, so people might be curious as to what's going on, although we can keep them 'locked out' if we desire. I thought we might set up a monitor TV in the bar lounge fed from a PS2 in the marquee. Everyone enjoys close racing and overtaking, right? Better than F1!!!

As soon as i get my ordered cables (something went wrong and they had to send it a second time),
that tv idea shouldn't be a problem as long as it's less then 10 metres away from the closest PS2 to the bar.

edit: i can bring a small old tv with only a cable input, but i have the right cable for that thanks to Daan.
The picture quality is still very good. It's the one i play on in my room

I suppose I can bring my TV, warning though it's from the 90's so don't expect it to be all flash with your LCD's and HDTV's.

Rich bastards.. :P

Surely UK based people can organise enough TVs.:) The Dutchies are all bringing their own TV with them.

Venari, Thx again for all the work you've done so far. It's not always easy to have to do this on your own 👍

AMG.

Pif paf. Who's Famine, the cat's mother? :D

I didn't say I'd be doing it again. ;) Mind you, I think we've been lucky getting the room at this rate. I'm sure we'll make the best of it. :)

Pif paf. Who's Famine, the cat's mother? :D

I get the easy job - car testing :D It suits my quasi-autistic characteristics. I've currently got nigh-on 1,500 times in a database, only 750ish of which are B-Spec ones (Pestilence, 3 laps on 3 around Trial Mountain).

I'll always pick a car someone doesn't like - last time out the Spyker met with near-universal disapproval (I quite liked it, but never got to drive it!) - simply because not everyone likes the same cars. Same applies to tracks ("Okay, we're running the Clio Endurance on... Autumn Ring!" "Uuuuuuurgh!" "Reverse!" "WHAT?!"), but by and large my bit's easy.

Venuemeister is a lot more troublesome.

I get the easy job - car testing :D It suits my quasi-autistic characteristics. I've currently got nigh-on 1,500 times in a database, only 750ish of which are B-Spec ones (Pestilence, 3 laps on 3 around Trial Mountain).

That reminds me. Did you get the e-mailed spreadsheet I sent you with testing data from SFGTP1? :)
Is there a way of us getting our heads together to coordinate at least one commemorative event to celebrate the near-simultaneous runnings of a UK & US meeting? Or is that much information likely to lead to universal paradoxes and collapse? :scared:
Drop me a PM or something to discuss. :cheers:

Bee
Can we perhaps get... UKGTP8 shirts? :D

you should've come to UKGTP7 if you were after a shirt!!

anyway, the real reason for this post. The events beyond my control have been shaken about and i'm now free for the whole weekend!!! so count me in! WOO HOO 👍

Bee
Can we perhaps get... UKGTP8 shirts? :D

Hmmm... there have been many UKGTP8 Government-level T-Shirt discussions. I've looked into it with a local T-Shirt/Graphics firm, and they've quoted me some costs, but they vary with numbers, types etc. Since it's October, I looked at some nice Polo shirts (thick cotton waffle) with embroidered logos, but perhaps long sleeve cotton T's with printed logos might be funky too.

To put it to bed, getting T-shirts for everyone will be rather expensive for 'the fund'... so just to gauge interest:

PM me if you want a T-shirt, and tell me:
1. Polo-shirt or plain T.
2. Long or short sleeve.
3. Personalised with name and 'Ocho' logo, or just an 'Ocho' logo.
4. What you think the event colour should be (or simply your fave colour.)

I'm afraid lots of different colours might be tough, maybe one for the girls, one for the boys... one for the Dutch? Orange!

Right, that's that out of the way.

Now, people... we have created a monster. Here is the tally so far, maybe Famine can move this to post #1.

Totally Mad For It:
  1. Alfaholic
  2. Allianz
  3. AMG.
  4. Bee
  5. Bite Me
  6. Blacksheep
  7. Bookerman
  8. daan
  9. donbenni
  10. dustdriver
  11. EdCase
  12. Famine
  13. Hugo Boss
  14. Jan
  15. Mark_T
  16. Milford Cubicle
  17. Mr. P
  18. Mrs. P (Kelly)
  19. Master. P
  20. Queen Bee
  21. Race Idiot
  22. Ren-Tec
  23. Roo
  24. Ruud
  25. sjaak68
  26. Specialized
  27. Stevisiov90
  28. sukerkin + Mrs. S (npc?)
  29. Sureshot
  30. Venari
......(wow, now that's 30 drivers who said 'yes'! :scared: Oh, and this includes Queen Bee and Bite Me, I see steering wheels in your future.)

Verging on Madness:
GV
Only_in_f1
VEXD

Content in their Sanity (Or Mad on Another Continent):
-Diego-
G.T
Holdenhsvgtsr
nige
Smallhorses
speedster502 (but hope springs eternal)
TheCracker
Touring Mars (Splitter!)

I'm not organising bowling for you buggers! As someone wise has already pointed out, ordering a round at the bar is going to be bad enough....

I'm not organising bowling for you buggers! As someone wise has already pointed out, ordering a round at the bar is going to be bad enough....

Well then, I'm glad that i'm under 18 and therefore can't buy rounds for everyone! 👍 Unless you want orange juices. But by all means you can all buy drinks for me :)

EDIT:-

If everyone is intrested in going bowling, Then Lakeside Bowling Alley, have a Adult party deal. It's £13.50 per person, and you get all this lot:-
  • 2 games of bowling
  • Disposable Camera*
  • Basket Meal
  • Best in the Business Award to Top Bowler
  • Wooden spoon for last place
    *plus chance to win another party for 10 people

Granted we might take up half of the lanes they have, but i'm sure if we book early, they can fit us in. :)

I have one little question about the Marque. Is it a non-smoking marque? I'm guessing that it is, due to the smoking Ban, and if it is non-smoking, then how close is the nearest place to smoke?

Back