UKGTP8 - The Ocho

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,037 comments
How secure is the marquee for leaving our PS2s, TVs, G25s etc in overnight?

It's in a closed walled garden, which is to the rear of the hotel. Given that it's a manned hotel, I would suggest that it is perfectly secure. I will enquire with the management about that specifically, however.

Good point.

I think Gaydon has too many negatives. 5:30 shut down is pretty early, especially as it's only a two day event. It'd mean only maybe 3-4 series. Given we didn't finish setting up till 12:30 on Saturday at UKGTP7.

Cromwell I think is getting a resounded thumbs up, though checking the security of the place is a good idea.

Rob
I dont think we were noisy at all at the last one.

THANK YOU!

With a bunch of men shouting at each other "let me through, dammit", and "would you get the hell out of the way?!"

Trust me, it was noisy.

But noisy in a fun way ;)
I think I learned a few insults during that weekend too

THANK YOU!

With a bunch of men shouting at each other "let me through, dammit", and "would you get the hell out of the way?!"

Trust me, it was noisy.

What like "shut up you minge?"

Spec....

With a bunch of men shouting at each other "let me through, dammit", and "would you get the hell out of the way CARYS ?!"

Trust me, it was noisy.

I don't know what you mean or what your trying to imply... :sly:

Well chaps, good news and bad news from me. The bad news is that I'm officially not going to be able to make it to 'The Ocho', despite the fact that it's a great opportunity to meet so many GTPers for the first time... but given the size of the event, and the new location, I'm hopeful that there will be another opportunity in another 6 month's time or so...

The good news is that the reason I can't come is because I'm now going to SFGTP2, at the Rancho del los Smallhorseses in sunny California :D , so I will get to meet some new faces from GTP after all, and take part in some GT4 LAN action in tandem with you guys too 👍

Well chaps, good news and bad news from me. The bad news is that I'm officially not going to be able to make it to 'The Ocho', despite the fact that it's a great opportunity to meet so many GTPers for the first time... but given the size of the event, and the new location, I'm hopeful that there will be another opportunity in another 6 month's time or so...

The good news is that the reason I can't come is because I'm now going to SFGTP2, at the Rancho del los Smallhorseses in sunny California :D , so I will get to meet some new faces from GTP after all, and take part in some GT4 LAN action in tandem with you guys too 👍

Sorry, which was the 'bad news' bit again? :odd:

I just cannot believe that Traitor Mars prefers California to Banbury.... That's beyond belief.

Do we have a jealous smiley? :dopey:

Well, it's not 100% guaranteed - I booked my flight but my boss is on holiday at the moment, and I will have to ask for the time off when he gets back next week :P

hmmm... I may make it to UKGTP after all, then ;)

Fantastic! Do you need a place to stay?

👍 Thanks for asking... :) I should be fine, since I'm planning to stay somewhere downtown (my Mum and sister went to SF a few years ago and know a few good, cheap places to stay) but if it's OK with you, maybe I could get back to you a bit nearer the time, once I have a better idea what I'm going to do while I'm over?

I'm going to be in the US from the 25th Oct - 3rd Nov, and hopefully I'll get the chance to visit some family while I'm there too (in Portland, Oregon), so my plans are still very much up in the air at the moment!

Well, Mr Mars, at least you'll have a nice Porsche to look at. We'll think of you when we're having our photos taken with my guest of honour. :D

Actually, if you're going to Portland, you might want to visit PIR, and also perhaps ask if you can say hello to Dennis Palatov - who is one of my personal heroes - and look at his 'dp1' and Ariel Atom V8 'Bikini' projects.

He he, I'm going to have to turn up empty-handed PS2-wise (unfortunately!) so hopefully there will be enough for a 6-way LAN!

@ Venari - now you tell me... :rolleyes: It's not McVitie himself, is it? If so, please pass on my best regards to the man who invented the Hob Nob :bowdown: (and since I'm not going, are you going to tell me who this mystery guest is? ;) )

👍 Thanks for asking... :) I should be fine, since I'm planning to stay somewhere downtown (my Mum and sister went to SF a few years ago and know a few good, cheap places to stay)

You could do worse than staying at this place:

http://www.sanremohotel.com/

Comfort Inn money - but with actual character (but in a nice way, not a Rutland Arms way ;) ) Good position too for bars and restaurants 👍

You could do worse than staying at this place:

http://www.sanremohotel.com/

Comfort Inn money - but with actual character (but in a nice way, not a Rutland Arms way ;) ) Good position too for bars and restaurants 👍
👍 Cheers :) I actually liked the Rutland - had everything you could expect for £30 a night - TV, working hot shower, clean linen, a lukewarm but hearty breakfast, a good bar with great entertainment (?!), a pool table and even scaffolding you could climb about on in the middle of the night - if you like that sort of thing...

I'm hoping Venari knows a venue in Banbury that is not only up to the same standards as The Rutland, but can also accommodate so many people! Looks like it's a bumper turn out for The Ocho already 👍

👍 Cheers :) I actually liked the Rutland - had everything you could expect for £30 a night - TV, working hot shower, clean linen, a lukewarm but hearty breakfast, a good bar with great entertainment (?!), a pool table and even scaffolding you could climb about on in the middle of the night - if you like that sort of thing...

You forgot killer sausages! I mean, the type that could actually kill if you threw them at someone.

Back