UKGTP9 - The Nono

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 463 comments
(will they serve us in the back?)

You can drink through your back?

but if we can fill at least 10 beds in the hotel

With people? Or can we stack some inflatable dolls there. "Puncture repair kit on standy"

---

I really need to work out my exams, shall ask in English on Tuesday for my English exam dates. I think I had a Maths one on the 29th, don't see a problem there. Only reason why I wouldn't come is if I had an English exam on the 27th. I'll ask Tuesday and I'll let you know Tuesday night/Wednesday.

Mark wonders if Nigel will be booking a double room with 'Rachel'.

Oooh, scratch that. What a scary thought. :nervous:

Oh, and Ben has to pick me up at the airport...

Uh, which airport?

Uh, which airport?

That would be either Gatwick or Heathrow. Not sure yet.

daan
Or you could fly into Glasgow and I could bring you down.

That's a possibility. I'll check flight fares.

Although I have to say that hearing you speaking Scottish for a while and understanding half of it, and end up smiling and nodding my head will be awkward after the first 30 minutes :dunce:

So...

We have a room for 3 days which costs £100 in total.

We have an onsite hotel and pub (will they serve us in the back?)

We have space for 3 LANs?

And, lastly, we have available parking?

I shall be counting myself in and starting with the bastard car testing then, I guess. Unless someone else wants to volunteer to give it a go...? :D

If you pm me the details then i will be willing to do some testing for you Famine, it would be my pleasure. Mike ;)

So...

We have a room for 3 days which costs £100 in total.

Yarp

We have an onsite hotel and pub (will they serve us in the back?)

Yarp, not sure about this being served in the back malarky but beer will be available from the bar during the whole time.

We have space for 3 LANs?

We certaily do. The room is roughly about half the size of the school hall so it will be more..... intimate:sly: There should be plenty of room though for the shinanigans which come hand in hand with the lans.

And, lastly, we have available parking?

There is a fair amount of parking behind the venue and should accomodate everyone.

I shall be counting myself in and starting with the bastard car testing then, I guess. Unless someone else wants to volunteer to give it a go...? :D

Want a double room booked for you and Milf then?

Spec...

PS - In an attempt to make the lan more accessable for more people and to bring the lan "back to basics" and more emphasis on the racing me & cass have decided to bring the cost of the lan down as much as possible. We got a few ideas for prizes but these will remain top secret and will sure to raise smiles and groans but will never fail to amuse.

Either myself or cass will make a new thread shortly with directions, maps and all the usual bumph.

You back in Brighton Ash?

I was talking with parents last night and Dad said he is happy to bring me up to Newark. I'm deffo in.

Ah steve I remember when we met.

Me and mike were standing at the bar, and you came and stood behind us. I had an idea you were a GTP'er so i said to mike slightly louder 'Where are these GTPlanet lads then?'

'standing right next to you' replied Steve

:lol:

Write a "How to design a fun and fair days LAN racing" and then you could farm out the work so that three different people could each create one days racing. Then nobody would know what to expect on all three days - not that I'm suggesting you gain any race day advantage from it....

Ah steve I remember when we met.

Me and mike were standing at the bar, and you came and stood behind us. I had an idea you were a GTP'er so i said to mike slightly louder 'Where are these GTPlanet lads then?'

'standing right next to you' replied Steve

:lol:

:lol: We stood outside for half an hour because they told us it wasn't on.

I, unlike Alex, might make it. All depends on the next few months. 👍

I was talking with parents last night and Dad said he is happy to bring me up to Newark. I'm deffo in.

thats great news! shall i put you down for a bed then? i'll also keep the tu tu out and crease free!

Just in case I haven't passed my test by then, is there a nearby train station?

as Spec... previously mentioned, theres easy access to newark via train. we have a small station that runs through nottinghamshire or lincolnshire plus a main station that covers all other national routes. pm Spec... for specific details and help with directions if needed, hes been using the train service so much they're considering diverting all enquiry calls to his mobile! :crazy:

I might be able to come, I don't know. I'll certainly ask though. I'd only be available for one day, (possibly the last). If I do go, I won't book a bed, its only a 57 minute drive from Coningsby to Newark.

Write a "How to design a fun and fair days LAN racing" and then you could farm out the work so that three different people could each create one days racing. Then nobody would know what to expect on all three days - not that I'm suggesting you gain any race day advantage from it....

That's what I call a great idea. :D

Stevisiov - There's TWO (count 'em) nearby train stations. TWO!

thats great news! shall i put you down for a bed then? i'll also keep the tu tu out and crease free!

as Spec... previously mentioned, theres easy access to newark via train. we have a small station that runs through nottinghamshire or lincolnshire plus a main station that covers all other national routes. pm Spec... for specific details and help with directions if needed, hes been using the train service so much they're considering diverting all enquiry calls to his mobile! :crazy:

I've sorted it with Spec via PM. Psychic Messaging is a wonderful thing.

I might be able to come, I don't know. I'll certainly ask though. I'd only be available for one day, (possibly the last). If I do go, I won't book a bed, its only a 57 minute drive from Coningsby to Newark.

After the stick you gave me for not showing at The Ocho, we may send out search parties with cellphone triangulation software and kidnap your sorry ass!

Tell us when you are definitely coming, don't tell us if you're not. If you're allowed to go but need help getting there, shout. I'm sure one of us suckers miserable bastards nice people with cars can travel a short distance to pick you up.

Oh...

By the way: Has anyone yet found my black memcard? Will have a light blue label on it with 'Venari' or possibly 'Mark'?

After the stick you gave me for not showing at The Ocho, we may send out search parties with cellphone triangulation software and kidnap your sorry ass!

Tell us when you are definitely coming, don't tell us if you're not. If you're allowed to go but need help getting there, shout. I'm sure one of us suckers miserable bastards nice people with cars can travel a short distance to pick you up.

What stick? I thought you gave me stick for not coming....As I'm sure you went to the Ocho, rather than me.

I'll talk to parents tonight. There will be a definite answer either tonight or tommorrow. Although it's only fair if I get to go to this seeming my Borther was allowed to Lincoln for some Warhammer thingy.

Also any idea how much it will cost? As I know you usually have a fee to pay or something for turning up..

For anyone who wants to do car-testing...

We need a maximum (MAXIMUM) of three events for each day - two pick & mixes and one handicap. Pick & Mixes need 6 cars, Handicaps need around 7. Pick & Mixes need nearly-evenly-matched cars, Handicap cars should be two seconds a Trial Mountain lap faster or slower than the previous or next car.

Events tend to work best if there's a theme to the cars and if they are unusual vehicles that no-one normally drives. Like the Pajero Rally Raid cars - beyond a Licence Test, I don't recall driving either of them ever. Stock themes are DTM (Pick & Mix), GT300 (Pick & Mix), Super saloons (Handicap), Kei cars (Pick & Mix), Group B Rally cars (Pick & Mix), Super coupes (Handicap), so try to avoid these.

People tend to prefer driving cars which are no faster than a fast GT300 car and no slower than an FTO - some hate driving really fast stuff (since TCS and ASM are banned, that's most people) and some hate driving really slow stuff, but no-one really hates driving M3s.

My B-Spec testing list is a good place to start to pick your cars from before you test them. I prefer to test on Trial Mountain, High Speed Ring and Infineon Sports to get a good idea of cars' overall performance, but that's by no means constraining.

If you come up with a good idea for a series and some testing data to prove it, I shall sellotape it to my list.

if its only 57 minutes, why only come one day as it will cost the same to attend for one good day as it would three great days....!!!

Also any idea how much it will cost? As I know you usually have a fee to pay or something for turning up..

if your not staying in the hotel, your looking at no more than a tenner to attend (dependant on numbers) plus any spends for food and water!
see your pms!

The train station is about a 3 minute drive from the school, if VEXD's driving.

Especially if hes trying to get a mobile phone to somebody!

@ Speedster502 - Its only 35ish miles from you to us here at newark.... Not very speedy if its gonna take you 57 mins! :sly:

Spec....

Especially if hes trying to get a mobile phone to somebody!

@ Speedster502 - Its only 35ish miles from you to us here at newark.... Not very speedy if its gonna take you 57 mins! :sly:

Spec....

Well..I used AA Route Planner, it said about 57 minutes. But knowing my Dad's driving, I'd make it around 30...

As I said, I'm asking tonight. Also, would it be alright if my Dad came along? He knows nothing about Gran Turismo and can't drive on a computer game to save his life but I'd prefer if he could stick around.

Back