UKGTP9 - The Nono

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 463 comments
I can hardly talk, and I know everyone wants it on their doorstep; AND I've only been to one UKGTP, but I thought Banbury's venue was very convinient: Enough space,Hotel upstiars, bar 10 seconds away, bowling a short walk, shopping even shorter, plenty of parking.

I know people want variety and I was only listing the points from the ONLY venue I have been to, but Banbury is pretty good.

I'd agree with all of the above except for the parking.

I'm going to build a LAN venue in my back garden. Hopefully will be ready for GTP 11 or 12.

When I win the lottery I am going to build the LAN venue to beat all LAN venues somewhere in the Windsor/Coventry/Cambridge triangle....

Might be some time though seing as I don't play the lottery.:grumpy:

She's actually not kidding, by the way. Double double garage FTW.

Though it won't be in the Windsor/Coventry/Cambridge triangle. Not by sooooome distance... :lol:

Who is that in your avatar Dan......

:rolleyes:

Get with the programme Dave, everyone who's everyone has a 'blackbird's sister' avatar these days. Civic Donk avatars are like soooo last season.

That explains Famine's avatar then.....
I like the way youve doctored yours though.
:mischievous:👍

Apart from the fact they're both called Gary.

:D

My exam dates (without knowing English)

19th May
2nd June
22nd June

First two are Maths, last one is Science. Obviously it's still 4 and a half months away, but given English exam dates, I'm in for last weekend of May.

I dunno how big England is but KLR142 and I make 200 mile trek every 3 months to North Seattle from Portland to LAN race :sly: Is it as bad? I am truly hoping to attend one of these in the next couple years as a buddy of my from here in the states is in school in Oxford (will be there for 3 years apparently) and he said I could crash with him. So I dunno how close Oxford would be for UKGTP 12 or w/e, but I hear the transportation system is far superior to the US, which I do believe, lol. So if by fate I am able to attend, can I crash the party? Can I play in the big kid pool now, huh can I, can I? heheh 👍

Jerome

I dunno how big England is but KLR142 and I make 200 mile trek every 3 months to North Seattle from Portland to LAN race :sly: Is it as bad? I am truly hoping to attend one of these in the next couple years as a buddy of my from here in the states is in school in Oxford (will be there for 3 years apparently) and he said I could crash with him. So I dunno how close Oxford would be for UKGTP 12 or w/e, but I hear the transportation system is far superior to the US, which I do believe, lol. So if by fate I am able to attend, can I crash the party? Can I play in the big kid pool now, huh can I, can I? heheh 👍

Jerome

Oxford was close to our previous LAN event, the venue isn't set for this next one let alone 12, but I would imagine it is very accesable from oxford and probably not too far.

That would be great to have the chance to race you Jerome and how much is fuel in the us? Its like £1'01 a litre over which is like $2.00 dollas a litre ouch :scared:

As im bored i think Robin is right, UKGTP IX is better.

The Uni seems to be a 'no-no' but the school is a possibility. As everyone knows, the price of hire is £150 so maybe it would be a good idea now to get an idea of definates before saying if i should book it or not....? there still seems to be some vagueness on if this should go ahead or not....

i have final exams at the end of that month too, but i can go ahead and sort something if people want. just say the word go and i will despite not being in the preferred triangle of location!

The Uni seems to be a 'no-no' but the school is a possibility. As everyone knows, the price of hire is £150 so maybe it would be a good idea now to get an idea of definates before saying if i should book it or not....? there still seems to be some vagueness on if this should go ahead or not....

i have final exams at the end of that month too, but i can go ahead and sort something if people want. just say the word go and i will despite not being in the preferred triangle of location!

Well you know im gonna be there my dear!

Spec....

Newark - where EXelero is proposing, and a mighty fine venue it is too - is in Nottinghamshire, so if you aren't organising it, then probably not ;)

I'd love to say I'm definately coming - if it's on the second Bank holiday in May then yes, I am - but until the date is defined then I shall remain unconfirmed.

That would be great to have the chance to race you Jerome and how much is fuel in the us? Its like £1'01 a litre over which is like $2.00 dollas a litre ouch :scared:

Fuel is about $3.50 a gallon or so and Portland is not a huge town. I'm sure its way more spendy in San Fran, LA. I just wish we would have the same units of measurement, kmh to mph, litre's to gallons, inches to metric..aahhh!!! Too much-oh wait there's google 💡! 1 gallon is 3.7 litres so....like expected us Americans get to b!tch a lot and get results...typical :/ lol. WOuld love to race with y'all, but I gotta convince the future Mrs. of that one apparently, I didn't get a 'NO!' we gotta talk about -blah blah...;)

Jerome

So this thing might well happen in Lincolnshire then?

Like roo said, Exelero lives in nottinghamshire. May i ask where abouts in lincolnshire your from? Newark (where we are proposing the lan be held) is pretty easy to get to by train and is only a few stops from Lincoln Central train station. That train costs about £4 so its hardly breaking the bank. We would arrange for somebody to come meet you, probably be me or the missus, from the station too so you wouldnt have to wander around trying to find your way, not that newark is that big anyway!

Spec....

Sorry to blurt in on a completely unrelated post, but, gas around me in Florida is $3.15 a gallon or so.

Latest Posts

Back