Unlimited number of engine swaps

• Thread starter Szami67
  • 792 comments
Until now i made 29 Million credits

Anyone find that AutoHotKey doesn't do anything when you press Start?
Sometimes you have to click start and reset for a few times. Also PSRemote needs to be open (not just in the background). I also launch both as admin,

I think I should stop now.......🤣

20220628_090753.jpg

Definitely, I've done it manually 140 times now. Still no Ferrari invite, and still only 3 Supra engines. That engine can fit 4 cars, so if we want a basic set of irreversible mods, i.e.:
  • with and without wide body
  • with and without weight reduction
  • with and without engine mods
you need 32 copies of the engine. So at my current rate of getting that engine, you're looking at around 50 hours of grinding the menu system to get the necessary 32 copies needed just to explore the most basic of tuning/setup possibilities.
^This.

It's even more complicated when you start considering engine swap + special parts (and some of them, like the carbon prop, apparently is tied to the base engine and gets removed completely when you do a swap).

Even with a script doubtful that anyone can get every permutation possible. And after this is patched and more engines/parts are added in the future, we will be back to square one. Because of this I give up on collecting the special parts. I'll take what I have, and the rest, I'll just treat them as non-existent :lol:

For engine swaps, I'll just fully tune them.
  • Widebody adds stability (which you need with more power anyway).
  • Engine power can be reduced with ECU maintaining the shape of the power curve (won't make the rpm go back to normal, but good enough).
  • As for weight reduction, most of the engine swapped cars are cheap so the "Restore Body" option is reasonably priced 👍

But yes, ideally all tuning parts are reversible (even NFS allows uninstalling of widebodies and engines) + we can buy anything we want from Tuning Shop.

Only PD can design such a complex, dynamic and interesting tuning system only to lock it behind a senseless RNG. In fact, making all the parts buyable would be better for them from an MTX perspective. Oh well...

Last edited:
Would love to. I tuned mine for sardegna 800pp and it's undriveable. Far, far, far too much power for that car. I still won by a minute cause that race is so easy but it's a mess of a ride "stock". Maybe it's driveable on a wheel with pedals but controller puts out far too much power.
Look at praiano63’s tune for 800 pp, it is very good. I was lapping Watkins short in 1:13 after my tune, his tune took another 6 seconds off my lap.

I'm struggling with the AHK script, I have remote play set up and the script comes up with the Fast and slow options and Start, but when I cxlick Start nothing happens;

1656406325629.png

I've tried pasting the script into a new AHK and still nothing.

I'm struggling with the AHK script, I have remote play set up and the script comes up with the Fast and slow options and Start, but when I cxlick Start nothing happens;

View attachment 1166690

I've tried pasting the script into a new AHK and still nothing.
If you use notepad++ then it should have 323 lines after pasting the script and saving it as .ahk - >
first line:
; <COMPILER: v1.1.33.06>
last line:
^Esc::ExitApp

If it doesn't work then close GT7, close and open remote play, launch GT7, leave it in small window and leave cursor at Cafe. Then click reset, select slow and click start.

Last edited:
If you use notepad++ then it should have 323 lines after pasting the script and saving it as .ahk - >
first line:
; <COMPILER: v1.1.33.06>
last line:
^Esc::ExitApp

If it doesn't work then close GT7, close and open remote play, launch GT7, leave it in small window and leave cursor at Cafe. Then click reset, select slow and click start.
That's working now, thanks alot 👍

I now have a lifetime worth of engines and have completed upgrading every single option.

This has actually introduced some fun back into the game for me. Another whole lot of new cars to tune and get used to with obscene amounts of HP :-)

Just two cars that I am having a blast with at the moment is the 67 Mini and the 66 VW Beetle. The Beetle just wants to wheel stand everywhere and the Mini just wont stop wheel spin. Hilarious :-))

All fun aside the 13B into the Eunos roadster is a really great, serious fast little car.

Interestingly the R26B 787 into the RX 7 gives it unbelievable fuel economy at Le Mans.

The only criticism I have with these engine swaps is that the brakes can't match the new performance levels and some PP calculations make no sense.

Apart from that I'm a happy camper and just love the idea I have ripped PD off with this little quirk in the game ;-)

Question: Should we start a tuning guide for all the engine swaps in the tuning section?

I now have a lifetime worth of engines and have completed upgrading every single option.

This has actually introduced some fun back into the game for me. Another whole lot of new cars to tune and get used to with obscene amounts of HP :-)

Just two cars that I am having a blast with at the moment is the 67 Mini and the 66 VW Beetle. The Beetle just wants to wheel stand everywhere and the Mini just wont stop wheel spin. Hilarious :-))

All fun aside the 13B into the Eunos roadster is a really great, serious fast little car.

Interestingly the R26B 787 into the RX 7 gives it unbelievable fuel economy at Le Mans.

The only criticism I have with these engine swaps is that the brakes can't match the new performance levels and some PP calculations make no sense.

Apart from that I'm a happy camper and just love the idea I have ripped PD off with this little quirk in the game ;-)

Question: Should we start a tuning guide for all the engine swaps in the tuning section?
Any good tunes for the Mini? I dont know if I am driving a car or a cannon ball...

If it's still going when I get home, my mission is to make enough off of 4 stars to get the GTO. Is it still in the LCD today?

Indeed, we need new brakes tuning levels for these cars!
It's so weird though. I ran Exeter's M4-swapped M3 yesterday and thought the brakes were dog****, just ran Pra's and the brakes were very good. I suspect the suspension and drive-train settings are to blame

Indeed, we need new brakes tuning levels for these cars!
Definitely. The carbon ceramic brakes could improve braking efficiency more than they do now or perhaps add brake pressure adjustment to the tuning menu.

What I also feel missing is the option to upgrade the steering rack. A few types of faster steering racks would be a very welcomed addition to the Tuning Shop.
I tried tuning a Lancia Delta with VR38DETT to be used as a track weapon, but I feel that the light and slow steering of the original car takes some of the fun away.

Totally agree. Awesome fun.

Apparently it's also quite easy to use Notepad to modify the "sleep" durations in the script, to suit the load times of your cafe/garage etc, so it can run continuously on either ps4 or ps5. Also (apparently) if you add several X button presses after receiving the four star roulette prize, it will accommodate receiving a gift car (extra delay + added to garage message etc).

Happy days

I've been slaving away for about an hour now, grinding the menu system to get these engine swaps. I still only have 12 of the 17 possible engines.

Is there only 17 possible engine swaps? How can we find out what we have?

Latest Posts

Back