Unlimited number of engine swaps

• Thread starter Szami67
  • 792 comments
Praiano63 has an amazing tune for the rx787, and for the mr2/Audi engine. I am sure he has done others, but I tried those so far and as usual he nailed it.
But its got 4x4 ride height. For me, doesn't matter how good the tune is, if the car looks goofy with it I will pass.

With that said, if anyone has a tune for the 3UZ Crown to keep it from wanting to spin with any amount of throttle application, I'm all ears.

But its got 4x4 ride height. For me, doesn't matter how good the tune is, if the car looks goofy with it I will pass.

With that said, if anyone has a tune for the 3UZ Crown to keep it from wanting to spin with any amount of throttle application, I'm all ears.
Yes, was my reason for making my own (the ride height). You're welcome to try mine! It's set up for handling!

Too much torque at (low) speed = try increase transmission max speed or decrease final gear ratio

You can consider copy Praiano63's gear settings and keep your own suspension config and then expand from that, tuning is not an all-or-nothing affair.

EDIT: Tried the car with engine swap, its nonexistent downforce is crying for aero parts lol

Last edited:
In the past with similar stuff, PD has been banning people, we'll see, I dont really care either way.
I don't see how they can ban any of us for doing this as no one has actually used any hardware or software to cheat the game.
The way I see it the worst they can do is fix their mistake & reset everyone's engine collection to zero.

Now that I have some lap times set, I may tick the ride height down until I break the tune. But, I am only 1.5 seconds off the real 787 lap time I set as a benchmark, I like those results.

I don't see how they can ban any of us for doing this as no one has actually used any hardware or software to cheat the game.
The way I see it the worst they can do is fix their mistake & reset everyone's engine collection to zero.
For parts and engines and cars won from duplicate tickets, I could see how they could easily roll that back. When someone has money gained from their pre-update balance AND money gained from duplicate tickets and spent all of it on various upgrades to cars bought before the update….. I’d have no idea how they would address that.

Last edited:
I would not expect anyone to get banned or suspended for taking advantage of the Extra Menu glitch. It is, afterall, a scenario they created, intentional or not. It’s not like an external source or entity hacked the game or modified what PD released to allow this, it was just found and brought to others attention.
Having said that I fully expect them to fix this glitch in the next update and possibly do a “reset” where they remove all those “ill gotten” credits, parts and engines from accounts, if it’s possible. It may complicate things if people have spent those credits or installed those engines/parts though. I don’t see them risking angering the fan base putting people in the negative credits and taking cars they purchased and installed one of the engines in all because their QAQC missed this before releasing.

Interesting find and not sure if anyone noticed this.

So, I have the Athlete with the SC430 swap. I've collected the ECU and Special Cams for it (the Athlete), but (I assume) because of the swap, I can't fit them to the car. I wonder if this works in reverse as well...can I fit the special engine parts of the other cars to the swaps?

So, I have the Athlete with the SC430 swap. I've collected the ECU and Special Cams for it (the Athlete), but (I assume) because of the swap, I can't fit them to the car. I wonder if this works in reverse as well...can I fit the special engine parts of the other cars to the swaps?
Only one way to find out........

From what I understand, if you have parts already in and do an engine swap, you lose all the upgrades.

If you have parts for a certain engine and it's in a different car, you can upgrade it. Ex Lancia Delta with the Nismo GT-R '17 engine can get the NISMO associated parts in it too.

Last edited:
I would not expect anyone to get banned or suspended for taking advantage of the Extra Menu glitch. It is, afterall, a scenario they created, intentional or not. It’s not like an external source or entity hacked the game or modified what PD released to allow this, it was just found and brought to others attention.
Having said that I fully expect them to fix this glitch in the next update and possibly do a “reset” where they remove all those “ill gotten” credits, parts and engines from accounts, if it’s possible. It may complicate things if people have spent those credits or installed those engines/parts though. I don’t see them risking angering the fan base putting people in the negative credits and taking cars they purchased and installed one of the engines in all because their QAQC missed this before releasing.
Unlikely.

Even more unlikely to reset progress. Too late for that now.

Would love to. I tuned mine for sardegna 800pp and it's undriveable. Far, far, far too much power for that car. I still won by a minute cause that race is so easy but it's a mess of a ride "stock". Maybe it's driveable on a wheel with pedals but controller puts out far too much power.
I´m driving on a controller too, usually with ABS only. Haven´t tried this tune for 800PP yet. As you see the power for 700PP is quite reduced.

Added widebody, wide rims and tires and full aero.

Edit: Used this tune on Sardegna 800PP without powerrestrictions and ballast and made the transmission a bit longer. Easy win by 1,5 minutes. Maybe not easy, because you have to be cautious on the throttle. Out of the bends I used only partial throttle, but on the straights this car goes like hell. Could use a little bit more grip, though. I try to give it some grip with suspension finetuning, because this tune was done quick. Maybe @praiano63, the godfather of tuning, has some ideas? Yes, he has. I will try his tune and at least get some inspirations from him.

Attachments

• 2FC3E390-4D59-4CF1-BE5D-CDDE4D4EC026.jpeg
    2FC3E390-4D59-4CF1-BE5D-CDDE4D4EC026.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 869C2D29-469F-4F12-9734-85071C2F81FE.jpeg
    869C2D29-469F-4F12-9734-85071C2F81FE.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 81FE91DC-1910-4F21-9A6E-50C8868774CF.jpeg
    81FE91DC-1910-4F21-9A6E-50C8868774CF.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
From what I understand, if you have parts already in and do an engine swap, you lose all the upgrades.

If you have parts for a certain engine and it's in a different car, you can upgrade it. Ex Lancia Delta with the Nismo GT-R '17 engine can get the NISMO associated parts in it too.
Ya, that's what I was hoping for! Ye haw 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back