Unlimited number of engine swaps

• Thread starter Szami67
  • 792 comments
Not to defend the troll, but there is a pickup ramming video on the forum recently - it's in the suspension glitch thread.
Yup. Fully aware of it: it shows the effect of raising the front suspension on PP, which isn't relevant to whether it's swapped or not.

I wouldn't definitely say it's not swapped (it's kinda pointless to do so, and makes getting it under the 450PP limit for the Laguna Seca race harder if your goal is just to be a dick, but if you have the engine, why not), but whether it is or not isn't relevant to the real issue on show there of the free PP points for raising the front suspension.

In addition it's not in this thread, wasn't deleted, isn't an hour long, the poster didn't respond to it at all in any thread - and definitely not this one - nor was that non-response deleted, and the response he thought he'd posted wasn't a response to that but to something on Reddit and also wasn't deleted. All of which he was sure of, and all of which it's been pointed out wasn't true - but everyone but him was lying about it, of course...

... which is the issue with believing misconceptions you have to be true and not listening to anyone who knows more. We're all still waiting for the videos of swapped Tundras trolling online races, and people being banned for exploiting the ticket glitch (another misconception stated as fact and defended with foot-stamping and poo emojis).

It seems this needs to be reiterated because (some) people aren't really grasping it.

The exploit is to increase access to the engine swap and special parts feature.

Engine swaps and special parts are not exploits. they are built in game features, no different than any other tune.

There was an hour long video on this very thread which showed a pickup ramming everyone off the road. Seems it has been deleted. but you knew that anyway.
The bigger issue is cheating to get the best cars with unlimited money. Says a lot about a persons character to exploit things in general life. Have fun!
Kaz don't want you bro 💀

The RX-7 at Le Man's is fun.

I also won a Porsche 919 hybrid le man's looking thing, finally I have an easy to drive car that can win the final cafe book races!

It's very optimistic to say half or more have used the exploit. Think of the thousands of players who don't use forums or reddit, they wouldn't know it exists. A large portion will choose not to use it even if they're aware as well. Banning and/or deducting balance to the sum of the exploits used is definitely in their power, and as said some are getting banned just for sharing how to guides on youtube.

Everyone who used the exploit and espcially the try-hards who used a script, have morally tainted their account permanently. Rendering all single and multiplayer progress null and void, since no work to earn that car or those custom parts took place. That's all I have to say on it. Me and the vast majority will keep playing fairly and smashing those golds and podiums the honest way 💪👊😁
Not optimistic at all. For every single registered member of a forum there are hundreds of unregistered users who look at the content but choose to never register. As someone who has been admin and helped run forums in the past and seen the traffic from unregistered users it’ just how it goes. Ask anyone who owns a console or PC and games regularly, most people don’t register to forums for games they play, but almost all occasionally or frequently view them, especially for games like this. Not to mention all the other platforms this information gets shared on like YouTub, Facebook and Twitter etc.
It would be VERY tricky for them to “undo” what has been to done to every single account because of the complexity of how some have used their credits and others haven’t, what they’ve used them on and the same with special parts and engine etc. It would be a massive undertaking to do it fairly without alienating all of those users. It’s possible they could do something across the board like remove all engines or take it down to 1 each for everyone, but even then they’re risking too much by potentially taking away stuff people have gotten without the glitch.
You are definitely not in the “vast majority” as the majority of players at this point have used this glitch to their advantage at least once or twice. But if you need to think that to feel superior or make up for other flaws of yours, you go right ahead.

PD may be slow working and done some questionable design choices, but I don't think they're dumb enough to ban anyone, or remove people's content, credits, etc. It would be a PR nightmare, and PD can't afford that given the already bad PR they got in March for lowering the payouts.

Not to mention that it would also be a very strenuous undertaking that would stretch their resources even thinner and take away dev time for future fixes and DLC content. The best thing for PD to do is to quietly fix the exploit and sweep it under the rug, so to say.

PD may be slow working and done some questionable design choices, but I don't think they're dumb enough to ban anyone, or remove people's content, credits, etc. It would be a PR nightmare, and PD can't afford that given the already bad PR they got in March for lowering the payouts.

Not to mention that it would also be a very strenuous undertaking that would stretch their resources even thinner and take away dev time for future fixes and DLC content. The best thing for PD to do is to quietly fix the exploit and sweep it under the rug, so to say.

It seems to be taking a long time for PD to fix this. I'm no coder but assume its pretty easy to code so a reward is only given once like CE for example.
It makes you wonder if PD don't mind people getting some extra to keep then satisfied after so much negativity.

Heck it even makes you think maybe PD made the exploit known themselves

It seems to be taking a long time for PD to fix this. I'm no coder but assume its pretty easy to code so a reward is only given once like CE for example.
It makes you wonder if PD don't mind people getting some extra to keep then satisfied after so much negativity.

Heck it even makes you think maybe PD made the exploit known themselves
It is certainly possible that PD intentionally overlooked this. But no one really knows for certain whether this was done on purpose or not. But what is certain is that PD will eventually fix the exploit, so those using it should definitely enjoy it while they have it. :)

It is certainly possible that PD intentionally overlooked this. But no one really knows for certain whether this was done on purpose or not. But what is certain is that PD will eventually fix the exploit, so those using it should definitely enjoy it while they have it. :)
I know I am right now. Having a 3 day weekend, I'll leave it run, and when I feel like it, do some manual credit grinding the old fashion way. It's nice though, that I got almost 4 million credits, while I was ripping out some carpet and tack strips. :lol:

I know I am right now. Having a 3 day weekend, I'll leave it run, and when I feel like it, do some manual credit grinding the old fashion way. It's nice though, that I got almost 4 million credits, while I was ripping out some carpet and tack strips. :lol:
I know what you mean. I made almost 15 mil from the exploit, and it has helped me buy some of the cars I really wanted, which in turn just makes the game more enjoyable to me. 👍

Someone literally posted a multiplayer video with a troll in a pickup ramming everyone off the track, and you think that has no bearing on me? They wouldn't be able to do it if they couldn't engine swap it. And everyone now has the fastest, most experience cars to race with thanks to the roulette glitch.
Less trolls on online races driving around in LS swapped trucks ramming people, and fairness across multiplayer since some people exploited it so much they have 10s of millions of credits
So whatever happened to your stance that GT7 online races are squeaky clean? Have you tried getting a higher driver rating?

1656803295848.png

Volusia seems to act like everyone who plays the game differently then them are the scum of the earth. It is a stance I do not understand. With a imbalanced game economy it only seems natural that people will abuse exploits to get the more expensive cars.

If you don't like doing it, then don't do it. But don't chastise, give grief to, or otherwise put down those who do. They're not breaking any laws, they're not physically hurting anyone else, they're using an exploit in a video game.

Does their doing it hurt your game or the playability of the game, for you, personally?

It's not like they're using cheats during online races that allows them to win every single race they're in no matter which car they use.

Just a bit of information for those that are having connection issues.

I was getting 50-75MB and having a hard time keeping a signal. I ended up putting the PS4 in the same room as my wireless and haven't had an issue yet, 4 straight hours and counting. I just hooked the PS4 up to a monitor and plugged it in, done. Makes me feel like an idiot for not trying it sooner.

The other thing I did was put the PS4 on top of my A/C vent (partially closed), as I wasn't sure about heat leaving it on for so many hours.

I like how people who do the glitch get so defensive when they're criticized. It's a useless debate.

I liked to **** on the Tomahawk people because they were all like "we can't buy the cars without it", which wasn't true. This glitch, however? I gladly did it. Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't any of us? Especially knowing they won't lift a finger to ban people.

And there's a few reasons for that:

• It's Sony who seems to be handing the bans on behalf of PD. Sony can't ban people unless provoked or they somehow become aware of you doing it because you're dumb and uploaded a public video to PSN or something.
  • Also, they can't simply open your save file to look at it. That's a violation of privacy which would get them in real trouble.
  • People who do the glitch are a drop in the ocean.
  • They really, really don't give a **** about some randy on GTPlanet or wherever "protesting against Polyphony Digital's exploitative practices by performing the roulette glitch".

Assuming they're smart, they could be seeing this as an opportunity to introduce a more convenient way of earning these prizes, knowing people will play more. I have no idea why they haven't done this yet TBH. I think these parts shouldn't simply be in the shop, because it's just too easy, but the roulettes make it impossible. I think PD is still in that mindset of "they'll come back every day for the roulette", but the truth is, the odds are so ridiculously biased against the player that most won't bother. And after this glitch I have no real reason to do the Daily Marathons every day considering I won more parts and engines than I could have for the entirety of the game's lifespan.

Lastly, as far as I'm concerned, PD isn't the one hurrying up with hotfixes to remove glitches like this one from the game. That's another studio's line of work.

Last edited:
The nismo engine seems to be rare, i’ve done over a dozen spins and yet to get one. I’ve got all the other ones I’m interested in, really want to put the nismo engine in the 180sx and 300zx

The nismo engine seems to be rare, i’ve done over a dozen spins and yet to get one. I’ve got all the other ones I’m interested in, really want to put the nismo engine in the 180sx and 300zx
It does even out, I didn;t get the bmw engine for 90 mins when I was doing it manually. 90 mins to 2 hours since seems to ensure you get at least one of each engine.

Last edited:
I remember these exploits from all the online era GT games and never ever was anyone banned for using them, or had anything obtained illegitimately taken away by PD. At least not as far as I'm aware.

In GT5 you could create multiple users on your PS3 and enter a specific birthdate to get gift tickets for cars from the corresponding year (i. e. enter 3rd July 1970 as your birthdate to get a 1970 car ticket). If there were multiple cars from that year, you could simply reload your save file to reroll the dice until the ticket gave you the car you wanted.
There also was a glitch on Special Stage Route 7 where you could get out of bounds and finish a 200 lap race in just a few minutes. Since the prize money scaled with the length of the race (and the number of participants) there were tons of online lobbies with people exploiting it.
GT5 is also the only present iteration where it was possible for players to send cars to one another. This opened the opportunity for people to sell cars for real money, which was capitalized on especially by the few who had the skills to beat the Red Bull challenge early on and get the X2010 as a reward. Since they could just back up their save files before sending the car off, they could essentially sell it an infinite amount of times. I remember seeing ebay listing for 70 € a piece. This is likely the main reason for why microtransactions were added from GT6 onward.

I wasn't as active in GT6 as I was in GT5, but I do remember reading about people doing money/vehicle exploits in that game as well.

GT Sport had the Nürburgring pit lane glitch which allowed you to beat Gr.1 cars with an N100 Miata and claim huge money/exp rewards in the process, drastically shortening the time it took to get all cars and the Platinum Trophy.

I myself used glitches in GT5 and GTS and I'm happily making use of this one in GT7 as well, given the egregious ingame economy that is designed to drive players towards MTXs. The glitch has netted me about 50m at this point and it's very likely that I will be "set for life" by the time it's patched out. Even all those years ago there have been people advocating for banning players using these glitches, but the simple fact is that judging from the past it's extremely unlikely that that is ever going to happen. The only instance that I'm aware of where people got sanctioned was when players were using a glitch to shorten their pit time in online races in GT Sport. And that had nothing to do with getting money or cars, it was for giving yourself an unfair advantage in a competetive environment.

Last edited:
B80
I was at 75 Mill with all cars collected last night.

Woke up to find I had 15 mill and q load of old mercs from the lcd... :D
The few times mine has bought from the LCD it's also been the old Mercedes-Benz, must be something about the script.

Back