Unlimited number of engine swaps

• Thread starter Szami67
  • 792 comments
Just wanted to give another observation: Completely restarting the game makes you more money.

When I first started doing this glitch I did it manually for 5 hours (100 times), and made $4.1M.

Running the script got me nowhere near that, but because of my connection issues I was having to restart a lot, and I started to notice that after the restart I'd get the $500K within the first 10 spins, A LOT. I have noticed this over and over.

Not sure if there would even be a way to do it, but if the script had a complete restart of the game after every 2 tickets I'm sure there would be a much larger payout, and would easily be worth the extra time.

Been watching a few videos just seen this...

Oh crap, that's not good!

Not for that player, but relevance to the ticket glitch is questionable. We know some player got a warning from Sony on 30 June. That is it.

We don't know for what game.

We don't know what he did.

Reference to Live and 'upload' suggests he shared content in some manner in which Sony did not like it.

I'll carry on running the script.

Not for that player, but relevance to the ticket glitch is questionable. We know some player got a warning from Sony on 30 June. That is it.

Reference to Live and 'upload' suggests he shared content in some manner in which Sony did not like it.

I couldn’t help but notice that their attempt at a “sternly worded letter” was about as powerful as their mandatory online racing tutorial a few updates ago, which amounted to six minutes of “hey, play fair or people may be upset.” It sounds like the guy in this video is more guilty of being a little bit dim, because who would post information about a PS glitch on a PS site in the first place?!

I know, I've only recentley been introduced to the logout link on GTP. @daan is probably my favourite mod too, so if it's a joke on his part, I don't mind... however... it doesn't address the point I originally challenged.
It was a joke. The link I posted was the logout link, and wasn't aimed at you.

This came up in another thread a couple of days ago and I agree. He got the warning for live streaming himself doing the glitch not just using the glitch, hence the uploading on PlayStation network part of the warning.

I’m positive it’s a connection issue.
It's not, I hardwired mine, 333MB, and still caught it trying to buy a car from legends. It's always the same with mine; after leaving the Cafe to go to the garage there is an X, then a pause for the garage to load, then 3 right selections. However, sometimes mine just goes right twice after the the Cafe and then starts with the X (in Legends).

Last edited:
Again, exploiting an unintentional bug that gives you a gross advantage online (such as being able to give yourself a massive horsepower boost) is not the same as giving yourself more in game content through an oversight.

No game rule is being broken, no one is disadvantaged, no harm ergo no foul

It's not, I hardwired mine, 333MB, and still caught it trying to buy a car from legends. It's always the same with mine; after leaving the Cafe to go to the garage there is an X, then a pause for the garage to load, then 3 right selections. However, sometimes mine just goes right twice after the the Cafe and then starts with the X (in Legends).
That's too bad. I shouldn't have made such a definitive statement of certainty! Are both the PS and your computer connected by cables? My PS5 is, but my laptop wasn't. As soon as I got them both wired to the server I was good. Obviously your mileage may vary, but it's a really good first step for a lot of the folks having trouble. I still get a hiccup once in a while, but it's much (much) more stable now. Good luck with yours.

Last edited:
That's too bad. I shouldn't have made such a definitive statement of certainty! Are both the PS and your computer connected by cables? My PS5 is, but my laptop wasn't. As soon as I got them both wired to the server I was good. Obviously your mileage may vary, but it's a really good first step for a lot of the folks having trouble. I still get a hiccup once in a while, but it's much (much) more stable now. Good luck with yours.
Yes, both wired. I get about 440 MB regularly. I've modified the script to give me just a bit more time before and after that X.

Attachments

• Modification.JPG
    Modification.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 8

I think the problem might be initated earlier, before leaving the Cafe. The Menu Book screen with the painting takes longer to load than others. If you don't allow enough load time then the "x" to play the movie is missed and so the exits are one step earlier, and after exiting the cafe the script is already pressing right as if it's in the garage, ending up in the legends dealership... Presently I own seven Mercedes SEL 300. Apparently I get a Trophy if I buy ten!

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong but for the 4 star ticket I am 99% of the time getting the worst item or the lowest amount of money

For the 6 star ticket I have enough Mazda RX-7 engines to supply North America.
the community is 99.9% sure (maybe 100%) that the roulette is just "dressing" for a ticket that already has a predetermined prize, and unfortunately most of the time it's the lowest "available" prize, the point of most gambling games with pretty screens like slots is to entice you with small wins and pretty lights and sounds in what appears to be kinda random, where PD went wrong is the design of the algorithm to choose what "decoys" appear in the ticket roulette so much so that we know we're gonna get that 10k pile of coins or never get that 100k bar and if an inanimate carbon rod appears on my 4 star ticket i know i'm getting it

Last edited:
Honestly not sure what kind of user experience PD was going for with the roulette tickets. Do they think players are happy to always get the lowest prize visible? Even without changing anything else, they could have easily dressed it up by showing you some even worse prizes, so we don't feel like we're taking L after L...

People who say you get the lowest prize are lying . I have gotten an enzo , a veyron , a few GR3 , SIX 1 million prizes , four half a millions , and a bunch of 30k's , Iv done the glitch about 150 times since i have a ps4 . The trix is to find a car that pays out and to restart your game every 10 spins or so as then the game starts randomizing crap rewards.

150 times. Without the glitch, that's almost half a year's worth of tickets (assuming you don't miss a day) and you can still list off the number of times you got something worthwhile. Not to mention this is with a 4 star ticket. Those prizes aren't even in the pool of the lower tickets.

Last edited:
the community is 99.9% sure (maybe 100%) that the roulette is just "dressing" for a ticket that already has a predetermined prize, and unfortunately most of the time it's the lowest "available" prize, the point of most gambling games with pretty screens like slots is to entice you with small wins and pretty lights and sounds in what appears to be kinda random, where PD went wrong is the design of the algorithm to choose what "decoys" appear in the ticket roulette so much so that we know we're gonna get that 10k pile of coins or never get that 100k bar and if an inanimate carbon rod appears on my 4 star ticket i know i'm getting it

Thank you for the reply. I really haven't paid a lot of attention to this subject. 98% of my daily tickets, no matter how many stars, are the lowest prize. But, when I started doing this method and thus getting numerous tickets, I noticed it Big Time.

People who say you get the lowest prize are lying . I have gotten an enzo , a veyron , a few GR3 , SIX 1 million prizes , four half a millions , and a bunch of 30k's , Iv done the glitch about 150 times since i have a ps4 . The trix is to find a car that pays out and to restart your game every 10 spins or so as then the game starts randomizing crap rewards.

I don't know if others are saying they NEVER get a good prize. I said 99% of the time I get the lowest prize

It looks like you've had much greater success in getting better prizes.

I should add that I did, ONE time out of about 100 (possibly less) get a 500,000 dollar prize on a 4 star ticket.

It seems to me that it's far too rare, however. I don't need it a lot and I don't need that much even. Sometimes I would like to get the best prize or the second to best or even the third best.

We're not saying always 100% of the time it's the lowest, I'm just saying it's poor UX design, I've got some good "spins" out of the 4 star too, but I've gone on some cold streaks and I'm well aware it's all part of the programming and luck, obviously they are not slot machine algorithm designers that let you have a few small wins and some nice lights and sounds to release just enough dopamine to keep you coming back and spending more money, it's just that once you see the 5 possibilities you can almost predict what's coming and that takes away from the "roulette spin" experience, i wonder if it would be better if they just skipped the animation and decoys and cut straight to the reveal after redeeming a ticket, other than the benefit of the glitch going faster, the mystique of the "possible" prizes might just make the tickets less infuriating

Last edited:
Wait, someone mentioned restarting the game after 10 or so spins. I thought you had to restart the game every time???

How are you able to get the collection a second time in one sitting?

Wait, someone mentioned restarting the game after 10 or so spins. I thought you had to restart the game every time???

How are you able to get the collection a second time in one sitting?
Do menu 1, go collect reward, do menu 3,go collect reward,etc,and if you want to go fast, just hit X to open/start menu and then hit circle twice fast and you are back at map screen,collect reward, do 100+ an hour

Edit:So i was off a little bit, just did 48 in 30 minutes = 96 an hour, winning cars slows you down, i won 3 in those 30 minutes

Last edited:
Do menu 1, go collect reward, do menu 3,go collect reward,etc,and if you want to go fast, just hit X to open/start menu and then hit circle twice fast and you are back at map screen,collect reward, do 100+ an hour:D
@slthree AND BE SURE to do it in that order. If you grab both tickets and then open both tickets, it doesn't work.

You must get the ticket fom the Toyota menu, open it, get the ticket from the Mazda menu and open it.

That will allow you to go back and forth, alternating the tickets.

If you mess up, restart the game.

Last edited:
I think the problem might be initated earlier, before leaving the Cafe. The Menu Book screen with the painting takes longer to load than others. If you don't allow enough load time then the "x" to play the movie is missed and so the exits are one step earlier, and after exiting the cafe the script is already pressing right as if it's in the garage, ending up in the legends dealership... Presently I own seven Mercedes SEL 300. Apparently I get a Trophy if I buy ten!
I started my new script with the longer intervals after the Cafe and after selecting Garage and it has been running without issue for 5 hours. It certainly never did that before. But if it glitches on me again I'll lengthen something earlier like you suggested.

I hope PD bans me so I can finally be freed from all the grinding I seem to only do in this game
And your Username says it all 😁

The nismo engine seems to be rare, i’ve done over a dozen spins and yet to get one. I’ve got all the other ones I’m interested in, really want to put the nismo engine in the 180sx and 300zx
Nah mate, just you haha. I got just as many of the nismo engines as the others.

I remember these exploits from all the online era GT games and never ever was anyone banned for using them, or had anything obtained illegitimately taken away by PD. At least not as far as I'm aware.

In GT5 you could create multiple users on your PS3 and enter a specific birthdate to get gift tickets for cars from the corresponding year (i. e. enter 3rd July 1970 as your birthdate to get a 1970 car ticket). If there were multiple cars from that year, you could simply reload your save file to reroll the dice until the ticket gave you the car you wanted.
There also was a glitch on Special Stage Route 7 where you could get out of bounds and finish a 200 lap race in just a few minutes. Since the prize money scaled with the length of the race (and the number of participants) there were tons of online lobbies with people exploiting it.
GT5 is also the only present iteration where it was possible for players to send cars to one another. This opened the opportunity for people to sell cars for real money, which was capitalized on especially by the few who had the skills to beat the Red Bull challenge early on and get the X2010 as a reward. Since they could just back up their save files before sending the car off, they could essentially sell it an infinite amount of times. I remember seeing ebay listing for 70 € a piece. This is likely the main reason for why microtransactions were added from GT6 onward.

I wasn't as active in GT6 as I was in GT5, but I do remember reading about people doing money/vehicle exploits in that game as well.

GT Sport had the Nürburgring pit lane glitch which allowed you to beat Gr.1 cars with an N100 Miata and claim huge money/exp rewards in the process, drastically shortening the time it took to get all cars and the Platinum Trophy.

I myself used glitches in GT5 and GTS and I'm happily making use of this one in GT7 as well, given the egregious ingame economy that is designed to drive players towards MTXs. The glitch has netted me about 50m at this point and it's very likely that I will be "set for life" by the time it's patched out. Even all those years ago there have been people advocating for banning players using these glitches, but the simple fact is that judging from the past it's extremely unlikely that that is ever going to happen. The only instance that I'm aware of where people got sanctioned was when players were using a glitch to shorten their pit time in online races in GT Sport. And that had nothing to do with getting money or cars, it was for giving yourself an unfair advantage in a competetive environment.
Yeah, PD ain't gonna ban anyone. They're not known to issue bans regardless how you play the game.

Back