Update 1.06 Discussion

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 433 comments
Hope PD reads this at least:
Need GT7 or some revolutionary GT6 content that will make the game interresting, please no more boring updates. If you do update GT6 then do it so its worth playing and starting up ps3 again. If not then drop it, announce you wanted more but couldnt handle it and move on. Blame it all on the hardware :)
That's called making excuses. Even if I did get a PS4, if they did "make excuses", then all it would do is guarantee I never bought another product from them. Some of us still believe in integrity and don't accept lies from people we send money to.

Hope PD reads this at least:
Need GT7 or some revolutionary GT6 content that will make the game interresting, please no more boring updates. If you do update GT6 then do it so its worth playing and starting up ps3 again. If not then drop it, announce you wanted more but couldnt handle it and move on. Blame it all on the hardware :)
I love class action lawsuits!

Well, I'll give it to PD, the custom wing function seems cool. I wasn't expecting it, and it surpassed my expectatives. Well done there 👍.

That said, I was expecting PD to shame themselves only showing the stupid Toyota thingymabob. I still think they're WAY behind schedule but it's at least a gesture towards the game not being abandoned at all, something I believe has happened to an extent but that I'd love to be proven wrong in.

Last edited:
That said, I was expecting PD to shame themselves only showing the stupid Toyota thingymabob. Still I think they're WAY behind schedule but it's at least a gesture towards the game not being abandoned at all, something I believe has happened to an extent but that I'd love to be proven wrong in.

I semi-agree with you but also can't help but think it's more likely they have indeed abandoned it as far as any meaningful progress or content. No announcements, no communications, just a random "update" of uselessness just like everything else since December. If I were to think there was still hope I'd have expected something along the lines of "After this we will add REAL content."

Someone commented in the other thread that the sound was weird in the data logger. I think this is because the sound is driven by a filtered, decimated control signal that is interpolated - it gets that weird, lethargic smoothness, and lacks the "sharpness" of the control we're used to in the game.

Also, when comparing two laps, the two have to run at the same rate in distance, despite any time differences. This means one of them is stretched or compressed slightly to match the other. Kinda sounds funky. I think the on/off throttle differences are reduced, too. In some ways it sounds a bit like GT1.

There can also be no doubt about the nature of the Red Bull X-cars' sounds, since the data logger exposes the "source" component, omitting the "filter" that is used in normal gameplay (including all of the stuff mentioned as missing above). It seems like PD have a way to go before they can get their new sounds working the way they want. Either that, or the Data Logger uses a "placeholder" sampling scheme for those cars instead of their usual sounds (it sounds like two instead of three samples, as found on other cars).

I quite like the way the gear selection graph works for H-pattern, instead of a roaming square wave, you get a series of skyscrapers. Reminds me of a rectangular decomposition algorithm I once wrote hacked *shudders* *convulses*.

Also, going by the way the custom wings were available in some combinations already as fixed options, custom wheels should be on the charts, too; that's what all those ugly PD wheels are, in my opinion. ;)

Well, I'll give it to PD, the custom wing function seems cool. I wasn't expecting it, and it surpassed my expectatives. Well done there 👍.

Indeed. I can finally put a wing on the Lotus Elise and Cadillac CTS-V without making them look ridiculous. Plenty of other cars look better with adjusted rear wings as well.

What an obscure update after all this wait. The GPS functionality is far too limited at this point to warrant its inclusion, the data logger is hardly interesting, the 3D functionality is a wasted effort for these days, and I still haven't found a car which supports the custom wings. On top of that, the physics are still weird and I guess no bugs were fixed?

I wonder if they delay all the interesting content, such as B-Spec and community features, just to keep us somewhat on our toes while the game remains inferior compared to GT5. Where is the monthly DLC?

What an obscure update after all this wait. The GPS functionality is far too limited at this point to warrant its inclusion, the data logger is hardly interesting, the 3D functionality is a wasted effort for these days, and I still haven't found a car which supports the custom wings. On top of that, the physics are still weird and I guess no bugs were fixed?

Weird, I managed to find a lot of cars that support the custom wings. If you want, I can name you the cars that can.

Weird, I managed to find a lot of cars that support the custom wings. If you want, I can name you the cars that can.

Thanks but please don't bother. I'll eventually find some myself, if I even bother to play version 1.06 again.

I wonder if they delay all the interesting content, such as B-Spec and community features, just to keep us somewhat on our toes while the game remains inferior compared to GT5. Where is the monthly DLC?

I tried several cars, and most of them had the custom wing feature. Most of the ones that didn't, didn't have any parts at all (e.g. RUF 3400S etc.) A "premium" is a good bet, "standard" not so much (but not a given) - just as it was before.

The data logger is pretty cool. I've used it to compare my laps with the fastest and learned a fair bit already. The new FT-1 seasonal is useful for that, as SRF seems to be forced off (I didn't actually check, but the top times don't use it, so...).

Data logger says the camber is not fixed...so maybe useful afterall?

14+-+1

Most of that segment is the loop...the green trace being without camber and purple being with(2deg even front and rear, there is some assumption in that this car is indeed still balanced at that amount of camber). The green trace shows higher lat G(marginally) at lower steering angle throughout, I've compared the time difference before and after the loop itself and you gain .4 sec running no camber...

Data logger says the camber is not fixed...so maybe useful afterall?

14+-+1

Most of that segment is the loop...the green trace being without camber and purple being with(2deg even front and rear, there is some assumption in that this car is indeed still balanced at that amount of camber). The green trace shows higher lat G(marginally) at lower steering angle throughout, I've compared the time difference before and after the loop itself and you gain .4 sec running no camber...

Perhaps there is a use for the data logger!💡

I was wondering if there is any difference between the settings with the new customizable wings. Whether changing the height or width of the wing will result in more or less grip.

Last edited:
Damn, this update doesn't even warrant the effort of putting the (long neglected) GT6 disc in the drive. Where's my money earning B-spec Bob? the course maker? the Gps thing to turn my drive to work into a race-scenario?
and most importantly for time-strapped gamers like me, where's the online quick race (ala Gt5P) option?

PD, if your reading this you are a ******* pathetic disappointment. It's sad that you seem to be placing your corporate connections above the concerns of the people who put you where you are, regarding these updates.

Data Logger is an interesting addition. For players trying to get faster, or tuners trying to fine tune their car it could be invaluable.
For casual players it adds to the realism of racing, even though it's unlikely to be used.

GPS Visualizer is not really that useful at the moment. However, when sufficient cars are fitted with it and more tracks are enabled it will allow real drivers to analyse and critic their own lap in minute detail, from multiple angles.
It could also allow players to use data from real racing drivers, allowing them to copy real lines and basically get a tutorial from a professional.

Custom Wings are very welcome to me. Some cars simply looked odd with the existing generic wings. It also means that each car can be more unique and personal. Hopefully the slider interface can be utilised for custom bumpers, skirts, canards/splitters and wheel width in future. It reminds me of the 'Autosculpt' customisation featured in the NFS series, which in a game like GT would be a very powerful tool.

I've noticed there are very odd glitch like moments when driving that the parts of the screen change colours and/or get pixelated. As if the disc were scratched, but it's not, and the monitor is completely fine. Strange.

Of course, this never happening prior to the update.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not so bear with me. If you open a room with tuning prohibited, you can no longer use the engine limiter to reduce your PP or HP even by 1 to fit your car into the regulations. On top of that, if you change the room back to unlimited tuning, the engine limiter function remains disabled. You have to close the room and reopen in order to be able to use tuning again.

I stared at this dumfounded for a few seconds. I was in total disbelief. First PD killed off Shuffle Racing and now they've turned Tuning Prohibited racing into "whoever is lucky enough to have a car close to the PP limit wins"

Of all the 🤬 stupid, 🤬 🤬 things to put in the update:mad:

I think it might be a bug, not on purpose
I doubt it because it's not just frozen as it might be with a bug, the graphic has changed too and I doubt a bug would change the graphic. I hope you're right though.

Well... isn't using the power limiter, kind of tuning? And wasn't it always like that? Or no?
Sort of, but it made the whole system work. Now without being able to use the engine limiter it's a crapshoot. If you happen to have a car at or close to the PP limit you have a shot at a good competitive race. If you happen to be 5-10 PP back, forget it, you have no chance unless it's a really, really weak group.

More than a few people are talking about the physics being slightly updated (less under steer). Can someone confirm this and what are your thoughts and opinions.

Introducing a bug during an update is not logical. [/Spock]
Seeing as how much the community's been raging, I'm guessing PD started to rush some of the stuff and missed this bug to quickly release the update to satisfy the fans. [/random theory]

Do you feel better now?
Not really :lol: game still don't work properly :grumpy:

Surely though if enough of us rant there, PD and Sony will read it, as it is their forums, and maybe, just maybe, they might do something :nervous:

Is it me or when you open a room with tuning prohibited, then change to allowed, you can't go to the track with a tuned car?

Back