Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,749 comments
Personally don’t care much for the UCD, would rather have all cars available in a normal shop with 0 km (realism be damned in this instance, everything ain’t perfectly realistic anyway), even if that’s illogical in some sense.

After all, GT tracks how many kilometres/miles you’ve driven and I do think that’s a very fun and interesting statistic. When it starts off at 30,668 km as the Corvette ZR-1 (C4) ’90 in the screenshot above I’d have to manually keep track of the distance I’ve run with it since acquiring it, despite the game having a built-in mechanism tracking distance driven. To me this is stupid.

A solution could be a separate statistic yet to be seen that tracks the distance you’ve covered in the car, despite it having heavy mileage since before. I seriously doubt that’s in the game though.
We have the distance traveled per car, in GT Sport.

So in the state of play, Kaz says that all cars from 2001 and later will be available in Brand Central, however the UCD shows an ‘02 R34. So my assumption is that we can get all cars (at some point) through the UCD e.g. a 2020 Supra with a handful of miles on it, but we can only purchase 2001 and later cars brand new?? Not that I’m not considering Brighton Antiques in this!

Different PP between a new car and an used car here.
1644246581662.png

1644246676714.png

Unusual that the used car has a higher PP, surely? Unless running in is an unannounced factor, so a new car will loosen up with use?

VXR
Unusual that the used car has a higher PP, surely? Unless running in is an unannounced factor, so a new car will loosen up with use?
Or has a couple upgrades? Ex boy racer 350z.

Or the images are simply not from a final build and the PP is irrelevant until the game launches.

VXR
Back in the old days (and correct me if I am wrong) new cars would have figures that resemble or are identical to their real life HP figures, most notably the 276hp pact 80s to 90s Japanese cars. I recall as soon as you bought them that most of them would show as having more HP in your garage than that, even before an oil change.

Maybe that is reflected on the used car PP calculation but not the new ones? Or more logically, the PP calculation changed between builds or something.

Back in the old days (and correct me if I am wrong) new cars would have figures that resemble or are identical to their real life HP figures, most notably the 276hp pact 80s to 90s Japanese cars. I recall as soon as you bought them that most of them would show as having more HP in your garage than that, even before an oil change.

Maybe that is reflected on the used car PP calculation but not the new ones? Or more logically, the PP calculation changed between builds or something.
That is pretty deep

Uh, not sure I quite understand what you mean with this comment.
Your last paragraph.
A solution could be a separate statistic yet to be seen that tracks the distance you’ve covered in the car, despite it having heavy mileage since before. I seriously doubt that’s in the game though.
I answered with this:
We have the distance traveled per car, in GT Sport.
It shows number of changes, wins, distance traveled. You even mentioned GT track our mileage. Doub they'd get rid of that.

Your last paragraph.

I answered with this:

It shows number of changes, wins, distance traveled. You even mentioned GT track our mileage. Doub they'd get rid of that.
Yeah, I mentioned GT track our mileage because I’m well aware it does so I still don’t quite get what you mean. My last paragraph had to do with the thing that UCD cars already have tons of mileage on them so if I would like to know exactly how much distance I’ve covered in it I’d have to note and remember the mileage it was at when it was bought and keep track of it myself despite the game having a system that tracks this.

Unless they’d create a separate tracking system that tracks how much you’ve covered along with the total mileage. This I seriously doubt we’ll see which is why I don’t like the UCD.

Yeah, I mentioned GT track our mileage because I’m well aware it does so I still don’t quite get what you mean. My last paragraph had to do with the thing that UCD cars already have tons of mileage on them so if I would like to know exactly how much distance I’ve covered in it I’d have to note and remember the mileage it was at when it was bought and keep track of it myself despite the game having a system that tracks this.

Unless they’d create a separate tracking system that tracks how much you’ve covered along with the total mileage. This I seriously doubt we’ll see which is why I don’t like the UCD.
I get all that.
Yes. In GT Sport, the mileage shows how much you covered. No calculation would be needed if you buy a car with 30,000 on the dial. You will start with zero in your car data and can track from when you bought it.

I wouldn't think the mileage shows as 30,000 when you look up your stats(in that particular car).

Last edited:
I get all that.
Yes. In GT Sport, the mileage shows how much you covered. No calculation would be needed if you buy a car with 30,000 on the dial. You will start with zero in your car data and can track from when you bought it.

I wouldn't think the mileage shows as 30,000 when you look up your stats(in that particular car).
Hmm, are you sure about that? That would be nice and solve the “problem” but I don’t know if that’s to be expected. Any recollection of how it was in past GT’s with UCD?

Hmm, are you sure about that? That would be nice and solve the “problem” but I don’t know if that’s to be expected. Any recollection of how it was in past GT’s with UCD?
Someone may have past games. I just recall mileage from the UCD screen.

I like how prices are not staying the same 👍
They are the same. You're just seeing different versions of the same make, year, and model. Miles and color should impact the cost of the car. If you so a white car with 10,500 miles, and then saw that same car with same miles and color in the used dealership two weeks later, the price should be the same. A mileage difference would impact value as it determines how soon you will need to do a costly and major service on it. The game is just using an equation to calculate prices based on two of the car's details.

Is the used car dealership "online"?

Why does it say the Mini Cooper S is in "limited stock" or something like that. and the Pantera is sold out?

Last edited:
Is the used car dealership "online"?

Why does it say the Mini Cooper S is in "limited stock" or something like that. and the Pantera is sold out?
I think the car is about to be changed. I wouldn’t be surprised if PD do have these cars in limited numbers. They do have data on how many cars players buy. Again, it might not be that way, but it’s possible. We just found out Hagerty may influence in-game car prices. Seems any thing is possible now.

I think the car is about to be changed. I wouldn’t be surprised if PD do have these cars in limited numbers. They do have data on how many cars players buy. Again, it might not be that way, but it’s possible. We just found out Hagerty may influence in-game car prices. Seems any thing is possible now.
My brother and I were playing today on two different PS5s and the used car dealership was literally changing cars at the same time. Pantera said sold out when we both entered the used car dealership and in both our games the Mini Cooper S said Limited Stock.

Had no idea it was genuinely online.

Edit: As a user has a pic up on this page, it seems the Mini Cooper S is "sold out" on that screenshot.

So it does seem like we all refresh with the same cars and their in limited quantity 🤔

Last edited:
My brother and I were playing today on two different PS5s and the used car dealership was literally changing cars at the same time. Pantera said sold out when we both entered the used car dealership and in both our games the Mini Cooper S said Limited Stock.

Had no idea it was genuinely online.
Yeah, PD said they will update the UCD regularly. Mileage exchange everything. ;)

I think some classic cars are on there based solely on your current cafe Menu Book. In order to make it easier to complete. In the photo above it was the Roadster, Silvia and Levin (Menu Book 10). Once the book is complete it changes.

I think some classic cars are on there based solely on your current cafe Menu Book. In order to make it easier to complete. In the photo above it was the Roadster, Silvia and Levin (Menu Book 10). Once the book is complete it changes.
Ah, must be true. Take a wild guess which menu I’m doing now.
1646448449061.jpeg

This explains why figures were changing when I replayed GT5 and looked at the machine test spec sheet.

Latest Posts

Back