Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
if your PS3 is online then this feature is awesome, its kind of like pokemon cards, except if you want to keep a card in a booster pack you have to buy it and then throw the rest away after a few days, then you can swap them with your friends / GTPers what i think we need is a website where people can search for cars that other people have put up for sale, so say i could buy some cars in Gt5 and then the rare or special ones i have i could put up on this fantasy website and people could search for them. If somebody wanted one of the cars i put up on the board they could message me with a car or cars they are willing to swap for it.

Also people could post requests and people with extensive garages could search for what people want to buy and then if they have the wanted car see what the person is willing to trade for it

Also there should be a reporting system where if somebody doesnt trade a car back then a bad mark is placed against there PSN name ( when signed up to the site ) and say 3 marks and there PSN name is banned for a month or something. but all sucessful trades are also recorded ( kinda like EBay feedback ) to make people feel more confient about selling/ treading the multi million Cr. cars. also an option to uplad a screenshot by your listing to prove you have the car and are not a scammer. now if somebody could program this and put it online i would be very greatful and im sure lots of other people would to, im studying VB at college but im not good enoguh to create something like this yet.
however i would call it AutoBay, cross between Ebay and Autotrader :D

Please spread this idea around in the hope somebody will programme it it cant be that gard just a few arrays as listings or something.

there

Last edited:
Also there should be a reporting system where if somebody doesnt trade a car back then a bad mark is placed against there PSN name ( when signed up to the site ) and say 3 marks and there PSN name is banned for a month or something. but all sucessful trades are also recorded ( kinda like EBay feedback ) to make people feel more confient about selling/ treading the multi million Cr. cars.

i agree 100% 👍

As far as I can see every car from gt4 is in the used cars.

I've already got a Lotus Carlton, C-West Razo Silvia, Altezza Gt1 Race Car, All the Hondas (I like Hondas :)), and a 205 gt which took me forever to get in GT4!!!

if your PS3 is online then this feature is awesome, its kind of like pokemon cards, except if you want to keep a card in a booster pack you have to buy it and then throw the rest away after a few days, then you can swap them with your friends / GTPers what i think we need is a website where people can search for cars that other people have put up for sale, so say i could buy some cars in Gt5 and then the rare or special ones i have i could put up on this fantasy website and people could search for them. If somebody wanted one of the cars i put up on the board they could message me with a car or cars they are willing to swap for it.

Also people could post requests and people with extensive garages could search for what people want to buy and then if they have the wanted car see what the person is willing to trade for it

Also there should be a reporting system where if somebody doesnt trade a car back then a bad mark is placed against there PSN name ( when signed up to the site ) and say 3 marks and there PSN name is banned for a month or something. but all sucessful trades are also recorded ( kinda like EBay feedback ) to make people feel more confient about selling/ treading the multi million Cr. cars. also an option to uplad a screenshot by your listing to prove you have the car and are not a scammer. now if somebody could program this and put it online i would be very greatful and im sure lots of other people would to, im studying VB at college but im not good enoguh to create something like this yet.
however i would call it AutoBay, cross between Ebay and Autotrader :D

Please spread this idea around in the hope somebody will programme it it cant be that gard just a few arrays as listings or something.

there

though it isn't as detailed as your awesome idea, I have set up a very organised thread for car trading and classifieds, check it out....
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...hlight=trading

I found a Caterham, Ford RS2000 and other rare cars. Just amazing!

How much for the Caterham?

I can say that the Veyron certainly does start to become available in the used car dealership. (2,000,000 Cr) after you finish a particular race!

I'm thrilled with what I got in the dealer.

My first was a 240SX, my friends first was an FC RX7, we spent ages just cruising on the Wangan.

I also got an AE86, the Trueno model :)

I saw a Veyron, I had no interest in it, as it's an overrated egg.

I also got this really cute, pink Daihatsu.

I managed to get the Impreza Prototype Rally car and I must say for a standard car it looks fantastic. It cost me about 250k and it only done 5000 miles.

Anyone seen these cars in the used garage yet?

99 Subaru Impreza WRC Rally Car
80s Nissan Skyline 2000RS-Turbo or the RS-X
c10 Nissan Skyline HT GT-R
C110 Nissan Skyline GT-R

I like the concept, it's sorta pokemon like... Gotta catch'um all!

I just started buying what would be VERY rare in real like I got a Roadrunner Daytona '70 for really cheep, like 30k... And another Plymouth, the '71 440... they only made like 17 of them in RL...

I was also looking for a 03-04 R33 350z, pretty common car in real life but I've only seen the roadster version :P But the Nismo type S version with decals and all popped up at 147... I had to buy it...

I like the concept, it's sorta pokemon like... Gotta catch'um all!

I just started buying what would be VERY rare in real like I got a Roadrunner Daytona '70 for really cheep, like 30k... And another Plymouth, the '71 440... they only made like 17 of them in RL...

yeah, I'm enjoying it very much.

I look at it as kind of like a mini game. car collector mini game.
not only do you get to check out/learn about some of the rarest cars in the world, you also get to test drive them. kinda cool.

as in like real life collecting, gotta be at the right place at the right time. :)

I also picked up the Plymouth RR. what an interesting looking car.

here's a real life pic... same color as one I got too!
http://www.investmentmotorcars.net/inventory/list_thumbnails/sb.jpg

beefed mine up to 500+ bhp :D

Just had a couple of cars I'd love to buy appear, all at the same time including the Countach 25th Anniversary, Ford GT '05 and the Sauber C9 Race Car.

Unfortunately I don't have the money for any of them

I'm actually liking the concept now it definitely keeps the game going. Problem is with all the standard versions of premium cars that I don't want in standard form (Skyline GTR, S2000) and then the others cars with many different versions (3000GT/GTO) are pretty much always there. I still think there should be a few different used car lots. One for Pre-90's cars only, one for American(Australia too) only, one for Euro only and one for Japanese/Asian only. That would be too many to check, but if they made them all have 10 cars each and only add 2 per race it wouldn't flood the player with cars to search through but would effectively get rid of the multiple's of cars that always show up because they have 10x more versions than others.

I'm actually liking the concept now it definitely keeps the game going. Problem is with all the standard versions of premium cars that I don't want in standard form (Skyline GTR, S2000) and then the others cars with many different versions (3000GT/GTO) are pretty much always there. I still think there should be a few different used car lots. One for Pre-90's cars only, one for American(Australia too) only, one for Euro only and one for Japanese/Asian only. That would be too many to check, but if they made them all have 10 cars each and only add 2 per race it wouldn't flood the player with cars to search through but would effectively get rid of the multiple's of cars that always show up because they have 10x more versions than others.

I liked that GT4 has 3 different used car lots. Definitely made the browsing a lot easier.

*sighs* just one of many things I miss from that game :indiff:

Just came across the GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R (Pace) '01, is this one pretty rare? I ask because I don't even remember it being in GT4

I've seen it twice now, so either that's just luck or it's not all that rare.

I'm still wondering if it's just completely random... strange that i would see 1 out of 800 twice already but it could still be coincidence.

I've seen it twice now, so either that's just luck or it's not all that rare.

I'm still wondering if it's just completely random... strange that i would see 1 out of 800 twice already but it could still be coincidence.

I'm guessing it is completely random with the exception of a few cars. Which cars they are; and the definition of "exception", is anyone's guess though.

As I've previously hoped, it could just be a "black" car that pops up on day 666 in the cycle (as an example); but it could be any car, with any "rare" attribute, on any day :(

On another note, I got the S.S Trueno! :)

All that is left now is the Pace Car (which I saw before but couldn't afford), Delorean (which is half a mill) and the VY Commodore (Australian ftw!)

LaBounti, I just got off work and saw that you accepted the friend request. I've sent the Supra your way. No charge 👍

Hey guys, don't mean to be the noob, but do cars recycle if you miss them? I read a few answers for yes and no around the forums. Didn't really get a clear answer in this thread unless I missed that post. Thanks!

:nervous:

Hey guys, don't mean to be the noob, but do cars recycle if you miss them? I read a few answers for yes and no around the forums. Didn't really get a clear answer in this thread unless I missed that post. Thanks!

:nervous:

ive seen the likes of M3 GTR's and Mines Skyline about 10 times, so yes the recycle, but id assume the more expensive and more rare cars would take alot more time to recycle.

after each even always have a look in the used cars, it seems there is a new lot of cars after each event.

Getting a car you want is far to much of a lottery, the list is way to short and the cars don't stay on the list long enough, I check whenever possible but still no TVRs:(

This is one of the 3 main things that has made the game a real let down for me.

Back