Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
So, where's the trading thread ? I'd let go my Furai for something that can win the supercar amateur challenge...

A little off topic but I used the 62 Buick prize car you win from the muscle car challenge. Had to install the blower for the tri-oval track race tho. The other two races were easy and Im no driver.

so it is in the used car lot and not a prize car, damn i want that car

maybe we can trade but only for a very good offer

btw is a peugot 205 turbo 16 a rarecar
edit: just bought the bmw 2002 turbo '73 love that car

Last edited:
maybe we can trade but only for a very good offer

btw is a peugot 205 turbo 16 a rarecar

yes havent seen one yet and ive been looking, they make great little rally cars

any thing you're looking for specifically? i've got a few gems

A damn pickup truck, at this point I don't care. You can't buy them new but can be found somewhere in the used vehicle section. I saw a couple early on in the game didn't buy them. It's the one thing that's preventing me from completing the Beginner Series.

My first day I saw the Nissan R89C. I was looking at it going;
'HOLY 🤬 THATS A LOT OF MONEY!' After Golding my B license and giving up on the Special events, after I found the VW van challenge on the Top Gear test-track utterly impossible, I have around 200K, 5 DLC cars and an MRS-S with a little bit of tuning.

Every time i've checked, i've seen the top LM and Race cars from GT4, but they all cost so much. Which leaves me asking; Has anybody seen a Subaru 360?

Every time i've checked, i've seen the top LM and Race cars from GT4, but they all cost so much. Which leaves me asking; Has anybody seen a Subaru 360?

Of course! That question is definitely the next logical step in that Train of Thought. :)

...and yeah, I saw one and promptly scoffed at it and closed the lot.

My first day I saw the Nissan R89C. I was looking at it going;
'HOLY 🤬 THATS A LOT OF MONEY!' After Golding my B license and giving up on the Special events, after I found the VW van challenge on the Top Gear test-track utterly impossible, I have around 200K, 5 DLC cars and an MRS-S with a little bit of tuning.

Theres one on my block right now

A damn pickup truck, at this point I don't care. You can't buy them new but can be found somewhere in the used vehicle section. I saw a couple early on in the game didn't buy them. It's the one thing that's preventing me from completing the Beginner Series.

Want my F 150 ? I had to buy it back to let B-Spec bob have a go with it, but it's useless to me now. Quite a few power parts in it, 'cause Bob is not that fast.

Of course! That question is definitely the next logical step in that Train of Thought. :)

...and yeah, I saw one and promptly scoffed at it and closed the lot.

Hahaha. :) It just reminds me of when I spent MONTHS looking for that silly.. I don't even remember what it's called, but you could only buy it in the used car lot, it was called like the 'Something something..' and you had to use it in one of those ridiculous 'One make race events' it was like something small with like 30-40 BHP.

After the unlocking the game-save protection, I think the used car system is the #1 problem that needs to be fixed.

Anyone else?

-- Oh, and giving me an option to change the used car dealership muzak-from-hell music would help also. I have to mute the sound everytime I'm in there. It is so annoying I can't even read the cars for sale.

will they fix this? i want that all cars are in dealership. i want to decide which car i want to buy now. any comments from PD so far?

i am so pissed at this feature.

That doesn't work for me? You talking about the "Open Lounge" icon in GT Life?

What I have been doing is opening the b license tests, and jumping from b1 to b5 in succession. It takes something less than 4 minutes to load the 5 tests, and get back to the dealership. Quite a bit faster than loading 5 A-spec races, but if anyone has a shorter route, that would be great.

If your ADHD, the added benefit is that now you have a handy counter of how many tracks you loaded ^^

I'm loving the random nature of it, the pokemon style collecting is fun to me, have a few gems in my garage already am level 21 now. Got both holdens and the pontiac gto version, lots of classic metal in there too i spend too much on used cars lol. I check after every single race and championships upset me lol whole garages can pass through and u can't see what they were. psn: ucwepn05 (Australian/european)

I like the way it works, makes collecting a bit of challenge, but that said, making cars you actually NEED to finish racing, rare... not quite as fun.

I finally did get my hands on a Dodge Ram Pick-Up truck and finished my race.

Ya know. I'm sitting here reading this thread thinking that it seems its near totally random. No one is having the same list of cars show up in the first few days. there are a few, but then there are others. I wonder if they sent codes in those updates to give different cars different rarity values to try and encourage people to share machines more.

Seems to be a fair divide of opinion.

Myself I love the system, I'm constantly checking the used lot and picking up cars I really like when they appear. Adds a bit more depth to the game for me in between racing.

I can see where others are coming from but if I don't have a car for a particular event I'll just move on and do some other races until the car I need appears.

I like the system, it adds a bit of randomness and whenever you finally grab that car youve been waiting for... nice :)

thats what i think anyway makes getting that dream ride a celebration. Seen a couple of RUF RGT's now but always when im broke lol. when i got the ending movie after completing the 3rd series of races there was a couple of special rides that i bought, 1 was the zzII which is a monster think the other was an alpina but can't remember off the top of my head. I bought a tvr just for the paint colour haha $70k paint job for my 458 italia xD

I just know that I already missed the BMW 2002 turbo that was there first time I went to buy a used car. And I dont see it anymore now :(

Dude, i was lucky and got it! It got me through the europe classics section, and the special rally section. You missed out im afraid

Back